looking for a 42 inch

@Sam9s..

I think you too are talking from the point of view of 47"..
@40", B650 is ~7k more than the Jazz is what I read from the thread.
Please give your suggestion based on that.

Yes I agree (maybe missed as well) that I was puerly talking with a 47" perspective. But even for 42, I enquired can be bought for 52/53K, which is like 9,10K difference, which I think people will agree is still substantial, also samsung is still 2" less (40"), And again I will say, never said Samsung PQ was bad or LG was far better, BUT when I changed the Picture setting per my preference (note the key word is MY) LG was able to bring out better results than samsung......else at neutral setting both were more or less same. (Bold Statements in the above post).

PS :: And since this has been brought in to notice. I see at samsung site, nothing is mentioned about even the movie playback for B530/B550, forget about HD content, all it says JPEGs and MP3s

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/...RLXL/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&returnurl=

Last edited:
thx sam9 for the info.. still checkin on as i have chkd details and i still inclined for lg for the price and 2inbigger size.. however as i stated before i do not have eyes of the tester..so can only make big diffrences out not the marginal ones..but still checkin on all the products mwentioned and goin to meet blasto in a day or two ..spoke to him on phone today..will keep u guys updated

Yes I agree (maybe missed as well) that I was puerly talking with a 47" perspective. But even for 42, I enquired can be bought for 52/53K, which is like 9,10K difference, which I think people will agree is still substantial, also samsung is still 2" less (40"), And again I will say, never said Samsung PQ was bad or LG was far better, BUT when I changed the Picture setting per my preference (note the key word is MY) LG was able to bring out better results than samsung......else at neutral setting both were more or less same. (Bold Statements in the above post).

PS :: And since this has been brought in to notice. I see at samsung site, nothing is mentioned about even the movie playback for B530/B550, forget about HD content, all it says JPEGs and MP3s

102cm(40)LCDTV LA40B550K1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG

5 series does not have USB playback or 100 Hz..
It is priced around 50k.

6 series has both and is priced at 62k.. The PQ increment is also substantial.

@Hyderabad guys, How about demo, media player comparo @ saturday 5.30 PM onwards??

Iam lazy and sleep till late noon on weekends.. :D :D

5 series does not have USB playback or 100 Hz..
It is priced around 50k.

6 series has both and is priced at 62k.. The PQ increment is also substantial.

@Hyderabad guys, How about demo, media player comparo @ saturday 5.30 PM onwards??

Iam lazy and sleep till late noon on weekends.. :D :D

blasto..
saturday 5:30 is fine with me.. will be there with my Xtreamer.. :)
PM your address plz...

blasto..
saturday 5:30 is fine with me.. will be there with my Xtreamer.. :)
PM your address plz...

PM me as well, I guess you are not at myhome anymore.

BTW, sat 5.30 I'm a little doubtful, but I'll try to make it. Sun afternoon works better for me, just in case you guys reconsider the meeting time for any other reason.

If sun 5.30PM is fine with all three, we'll have it on sunday.. post your acceptance.. If not, we'll have it on sat itself..

My house is easy to locate in srinagar colony main road.. 1/2 - 1km before you reach bajaj electronics punjakutta from madhapur..

PM me your mail IDs and I'll post the map and take it offline from there.. I can pick you from SBI bank srinagar colony main road (just next door).. Big bazar is also very very close too.. I can pick you up from either of the areas..

Last edited:
Whose gonna provide you the LG set to compare, with that xtremer thingi!!!

We are not comparing LG with samsung.. The comparo is between WDTV and Xtreamer..

The demo is for Samsung B450 plasma.. Mainly to wade away fears of plasmas and for showcasing the HD capabilities with a 720p screen.. :)

If sun 5.30PM is fine with all three, we'll have it on sunday.. post your acceptance.. If not, we'll have it on sat itself..

My house is easy to locate in srinagar colony main road.. 1/2 - 1km before you reach bajaj electronics punjakutta from madhapur..

PM me your mail IDs and I'll post the map and take it offline from there.. I can pick you from SBI bank srinagar colony main road (just next door).. Big bazar is also very very close too.. I can pick you up from either of the areas..

Let's plan it for Saturday itself (booked a movie for Sunday 6pm). I'll send my email id.

Let's plan it for Saturday itself (booked a movie for Sunday 6pm). I'll send my email id.

Saturday it is then.. 5.30PM..
Got the ids of addagalla and alok.. Will send out mail once ironhorse updates.

Thanks,

Last edited:
We are not comparing LG with samsung.. The comparo is between WDTV and Xtreamer..

The demo is for Samsung B450 plasma.. Mainly to wade away fears of plasmas and for showcasing the HD capabilities with a 720p screen.. :)

Oh Ok :) I own a WD TV and AC Ryan POHD so if any comparision suggestion is required I can provide my input......,,anyway Enjoy your small tech meet....:)

m okie with the deal.. will be there.. pm u my email add.

also read in some forums that we can make lg play mkv files through usb...is it possible by any means.. lg 42lh60yr

Last edited:
******THX GUYS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT..I COMPARED THE SAMSUNG TO LG AND ALSO OTHER MODELS***but still i got the lg lh60yr as playing hd its was almost same as the samsung when tru motion on and edges were very smooth...also got it for 10k less...bargained it for 54k...

Thanks BLASTO for a very useful home-review...

congratulations theironhorse on your LCD purchase.. I am sure you are enjoying your new machine :)

I checked out 40B650 LCD at my colleague's house yesterday..I found picture to be more sharp than B450 plasma, but motion handling, black levels and viewing angle is not as good as B450..Sharpness may be better due to higher native resolution of the LCD..photos (JPEGs) and animation movies look better on LCD.. but for DTH and normal movies, colors were not natural..I tried few picture settings with the LCDs.. still wasn't satisfied with color reproduction..

Now I am done with auditioning and reviews.. will be getting home a 42B450 plasma..

I thank everyone in this forum who helped me purchasing my first HDTV..

Thanks BLASTO for a very useful home-review...

congratulations theironhorse on your LCD purchase.. I am sure you are enjoying your new machine :)

I checked out 40B650 LCD at my colleague's house yesterday..I found picture to be more sharp than B450 plasma, but motion handling, black levels and viewing angle is not as good as B450..Sharpness may be better due to higher native resolution of the LCD..photos (JPEGs) and animation movies look better on LCD.. but for DTH and normal movies, colors were not natural..I tried few picture settings with the LCDs.. still wasn't satisfied with color reproduction..

Now I am done with auditioning and reviews.. will be getting home a 42B450 plasma..

I thank everyone in this forum who helped me purchasing my first HDTV..

Hey alok, I dont remember you demoing any jpg and animation in my house?? Sure it looks sharper and better in B450 also.. Thats why you see animations in most of the demos.. Addagalla is an enemy of animation.. :D He asked me not to show any animation movies..

BTW, Good choice.. B650 does not makes sense when you have an extremer as I told before.. And good luck on your purchase..

Hi guys

this might be a dumb question - but how does a WDTV help me in my viewing - as in what does it do that i do not get normally - and how are the connections done?

Hi guys

this might be a dumb question - but how does a WDTV help me in my viewing - as in what does it do that i do not get normally - and how are the connections done?

If you have a external hard disk full of movies and HD contents and are wondering how you can view the movies in a TV, WDTV comes to help.

It has USB connection where you plug in your hard disk and a HDMI connection (and RCA) which can be connected to the TV.. It reads the hard disk contents, upscales it into viewable content suitable for your TV and sends it to the TV via HDMI. Supports upto 1080p of resolution.

The same functionality is available with some DVD players. But the advantages are better upscaling (chip based) and support for higher resolutions. (DVD players typically supports only upto 576p).

Along with WDTV, there are lots of players which can do this for you.. Xtreamer, playon HD, seagate theatre HD, popcorn hour etc are to name a few.. WDTV is the cheapest..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back