Looking for Active Subwoofer for Sony MHC-GNZ88D

I am thinking about....How it will perform after connecting the sub to my Sony System....The sub has no crossover setting...It has only the the volume knob....Will it work fine with my Sony System? Please suggest

uh oh! didn't notice that. That might make a mess of a sound with no crossovers on either the sub or the system. maybe you can look for some other sub's that do have a crossover.

you need some control to cut off frequencies either to the mains or the sub. depending how low thw main speakers go, say 80hz then they both will emit 80hz to 160hz at the same time, booming the hell out of anything you play.If you can insert a crossover between the system and the sub it might work. either DIY or buy one.

you need some control to cut off frequencies either to the mains or the sub. depending how low thw main speakers go, say 80hz then they both will emit 80hz to 160hz at the same time, booming the hell out of anything you play.If you can insert a crossover between the system and the sub it might work. either DIY or buy one.

How can do I it myself ? is there anything I can connect externally before the sub ? or I don't know if this sony system has the auto crossover functionality built-in.....could I solve it by controlling the equalizer properly ?

check if the Sony has a crossover function. don't think equalizer will only effect the mains or the sub output.

check if the Sony has a crossover function. don't think equalizer will only effect the mains or the sub output.

I was reading the manual....there*Sony recommended SA-GNV111D . But it is not available in*our region . Sony also*said that the effect may be limited or noise may occur depending on the connected subwoofer or the type of music being played . So I thing it hasn't the ability to cut off the frequency automatically.....but this sub (SA-GNV111D) has the ability.....

Please suggest what should I do now... :sad: :confused:

You might need to "UP" your budget to 12 to get anything substantial quality wise.

Guys, I found many subs in those classified sites....contacted the sellers.....but later I thought...its better to go with the Yamaha YST-FSW050 . I think it will perform good....as I dont have any huge expectation from my sony music system. I read about this sub @ company's website that :

"Advanced Yamaha Active Servo Technology (Advanced YST) is a unique system in which the speaker and amplifier work together to cancel out impedance so the speaker unit has a perfectly linear motion. Advanced YST helps to ensure the highest levels of sound pressure and overall performance."

Hope it will work fine for me :)

But keep posting your valuable suggestions as always ;)

Do let us know how it sounds when plugged in. If any tweaks are required, I am sure you will get enough suggestions to get the best out of the system. Good luck.

Do let us know how it sounds when plugged in. If any tweaks are required, I am sure you will get enough suggestions to get the best out of the system. Good luck.

Thnx a lot buddy....surely will let you know after connecting the sub to the system.

I am looking for active subwoofer to use with bookshelf speaker, limit is 1 lakh.

will be using only for music, not movies.

please suggest

I am looking for active subwoofer to use with bookshelf speaker, limit is 1 lakh.

will be using only for music, not movies.

please suggest

Whats is the amp you will be pairing this with? With a budget of 1 lakh & its only for music then IMO you should be looking at SVS SB13/16-Ultra Sealed Subwoofer.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Whats is the amp you will be pairing this with? With a budget of 1 lakh & its only for music then IMO you should be looking at SVS SB13/16-Ultra Sealed Subwoofer.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

+1 to SVS SB13/16.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back