Looking for budget Home theatre in 30k

techy.saurabh

I am looking for a budget HT under 30k. Use as below-

1. Normal watching (Sports + Serials on tv) - 65%
2. Movies - 35%
3. Music - Adhoc (but sound quality is a priority) - can be played through BT or TV channel.

I read on this forum that Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 are great but found no Indian site selling them. Yamaha 1840 is also an option but its an old model with no BT.
Sony models like IV300, RT3, Rt40, etc are easy to get but didn't like sound much. Still to get demo of Yamaha as not many dealers keep it.

How is elac (cinema 5.0 or newer model ) when compared to Yamaha or Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 ? A dealer was pitching for it.

Stay away from the sony models IV300, RT3, Rt40 . Yamaha 1840 will be available for demo in reliance digital.

I am looking for a budget HT under 30k.

Of the models you have listed, Yamaha YHT 1840 is a better choice..

If you can consider used route, you can find an AVR for 10 ~ 15K and get 3.0 in your remaining budget.. So a AVR + 3.0 is possible and will serve all your needs, also you can progressively build the HT..

Stay away from the sony models IV300, RT3, Rt40 . Yamaha 1840 will be available for demo in reliance digital.

I got a demo for RT40 yesterday and it sounded really good. I was planning to buy it as my budget is around 25-30k Max. May I know why you don't recommend Sony? I am totally clueless with regards to the sound system/High-end TV. This is the first time I am learning about them.

I got a demo for RT40 yesterday and it sounded really good. I was planning to buy it as my budget is around 25-30k Max. May I know why you don't recommend Sony? I am totally clueless with regards to the sound system/High-end TV. This is the first time I am learning about them.
They sound harsh and the subwoofer just chuffs air and produces muddy sound. The Logitech z906 Has very good reviews. Better go for it over the Sony. But if you liked it go ahead.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back