Looking for HTS12

Dear friends,
I have received the sub and run audessey. Sub sounds good with music and movies both. I have yet to check with heavy bass . Overall I am happy just wondering whether it can sound better since I am a beginner .

Usually new speakers need 20 to 40 hours to sound optimally well. Suggest you use the same for 1-2 weeks and check if it sounds more better. If you are happy as of now with the settings done...wait....try different settings later.....

Besides settings on the sub and AVR calibration, placement of the sub is important , you can try the subwoofer CRAWL method to check the optimal placement if only you are not happy with the performance.

Please post pics for others to see the sub and its placement.

Usually new speakers need 20 to 40 hours to sound optimally well. Suggest you use the same for 1-2 weeks and check if it sounds more better. If you are happy as of now with the settings done...wait....try different settings later.....

Besides settings on the sub and AVR calibration, placement of the sub is important , you can try the subwoofer CRAWL method to check the optimal placement if only you are not happy with the performance.

Please post pics for others to see the sub and its placement.
I can't upload from my phone, it says size is too big.

Updating the thread after using the sub for 1 year.
This sub is quite musical for low bass songs. It also does the job for movies.
However it is not producing deep rumble in movies or music( Punjabi songs have good bass).
My settings are -7db level and gain at 2 o clock.
I carried out sub crawl and slight improvement is there but limited by placement options.
In what way I can get better performance.

Updating the thread after using the sub for 1 year.
This sub is quite musical for low bass songs. It also does the job for movies.
However it is not producing deep rumble in movies or music( Punjabi songs have good bass).
My settings are -7db level and gain at 2 o clock.
I carried out sub crawl and slight improvement is there but limited by placement options.
In what way I can get better performance.
When you initially ran Audyssey, what dB did you set the subwoofer at?
Audyssey tells you to keep it at 75 dB, but at 75 dB most subwoofers don't output the test tone at a decent enough volume for Audyssey to calibrate correctly.

Try keeping the sub at around 80 dB and try running Audyssey again. (If you are using the app, this will be a red bar with a green patch in between - Audyssey will want you to keep the subwoofer's level within the green patch [75 dB] but go ahead and leave it slightly in the red)

Alternatively, since your sub is at a healthy -7 dB, you could just boost a couple of notches and see if it sounds better to you.

Doing either, if they work for you, you should even be able to dial down the gain to 12 o'clock or lesser.

Regards

When you initially ran Audyssey, what dB did you set the subwoofer at?
Audyssey tells you to keep it at 75 dB, but at 75 dB most subwoofers don't output the test tone at a decent enough volume for Audyssey to calibrate correctly.

Try keeping the sub at around 80 dB and try running Audyssey again. (If you are using the app, this will be a red bar with a green patch in between - Audyssey will want you to keep the subwoofer's level within the green patch [75 dB] but go ahead and leave it slightly in the red)

Alternatively, since your sub is at a healthy -7 dB, you could just boost a couple of notches and see if it sounds better to you.

Doing either, if they work for you, you should even be able to dial down the gain to 12 o'clock or lesser.

Regards
Hi thanks for the suggestions. Do you mean that volume should be set to 80db when running auddessey.

Yes sir, when Audyssey prompts you to set subwoofer volume before calibration.
Sorry for the confusion. I am not clear about db values.
Auddessey asks to set the subwoofer gain to 50%. Is that equal to 75db? Can you explain what should be the volume settings.

Sorry for the confusion. I am not clear about db values.
Auddessey asks to set the subwoofer gain to 50%. Is that equal to 75db? Can you explain what should be the volume settings.

Ideal scenario for Audyssey setup it needs to be kept at 50%. Audyssey versions have different settings to be done. I believe the Audyssey version on your AVR (Denon x2400h) is Multi EQ XT which prompts you to keep Sub volume at 50%. If the Audyssey version is Multi EQ XT 32 then it has the instructions to keep sub at 75db. I am familiar with all the Audyssey versions as have used most of the models.

Ideal scenario for Audyssey setup it needs to be kept at 50%. Audyssey versions have different settings to be done. I believe the Audyssey version on your AVR (Denon x2400h) is Multi EQ XT which prompts you to keep Sub volume at 50%. If the Audyssey version is Multi EQ XT 32 then it has the instructions to keep sub at 75db. I am familiar with all the Audyssey versions as have used most of the models.
What would be the volume dial setting for 80db?

What would be the volume dial setting for 80db?
You can play around with the volume dial while using a free SPL phone app, for a rough idea.
If you have an SPL meter already, nothing like it.

This video explains the issue with Audyssey telling us to keep sub level at 50 per cent, and what it results in (returning up to -12 dB after correction) (Have set it to the point relevant for this discussion)

You can play around with the volume dial while using a free SPL phone app, for a rough idea.
If you have an SPL meter already, nothing like it.

This video explains the issue with Audyssey telling us to keep sub level at 50 per cent, and what it results in (returning up to -12 dB after correction) (Have set it to the point relevant for this discussion)

Thats very useful . Thanks a lot. I don't have a SPL meter but have an app. Will give it a try .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back