Looking for suggestions for New Floorstanders in INR 1-1.5L

I have heard the Wharfedale Diamond Bookshelves.. 10 or something.. in hindsight, even they appear to be just a tad bit too detailed to me.
Dali hits the nail perfectly.

Then if you can stretch your budget a little, do consider the Dali Opticon 8 which i mentioned.
They are new in the box.
Cheers

Hi Guys,

I currently have Mission M34i Floorstanders which i quite like . I wish to upgrade them now after using them for 14 years or so.
I also have Mission bipole surrounds and a SVS PB-100 Sub. Using my Marantz SR6013 as the AVR doing both Movie & Music duty.
Crossover is set at 80Hz for the Floorstanders.

My usage is Movies (70%) & Streaming Music (30%) (YoutubeMusic, Spotify, Amazon prime etc)

The only gripe I have with my MIssion is that they seem a bit bright- almost as much as I find the Qacoustics to be warm.

My main requirement is to have a better experience while listening to Music and I am not sure which component will have a profound/substantial effect on the SQ. Is it the Speakers, adding an Integrated Amp into the chain, better room acoustics ( even in spite of using Audyssey MultiXT32) ?? Not sure

I have heard a few brands and find the Elac, Focal & Dali sound signature to be closest to what I want , even Qacoustics (bit warm) & Wharfedale (bit bright) also to my taste. (at least, when I demo'ed them at the Dealers)

Budget : 1-1.5 Lacs

I would like your suggestions on the brands and specific models.

Thanks in advance !

P.S : I also wonder what is it that makes speakers less or more expensive ?? Surely the MDF costs the same, the drivers could hardly be that costly ?! heh heh

Check with Anil, Hifimart on the Castle Avon 5. At the upper end of your budget. I’ve auditioned them. Dry wine kind of luxurious sound and excels with bass definition. And a solidly made classic beauty.

Check with Anil, Hifimart on the Castle Avon 5. At the upper end of your budget. I’ve auditioned them. Dry wine kind of luxurious sound and excels with bass definition. And a solidly made classic beauty.
Dont know how these speakers sound as I haven't had any audition with the Castle brand, but these speakers are beautiful!

Dont know how these speakers sound as I haven't had any audition with the Castle brand, but these speakers are beautiful!

You can read my audition impressions here:

Since you are not looking for bright speakers, you can consider
Sonodyne Avant T2 towers
KEF Q750
XTZ 95.44

If you happen to come to Bangalore, check out a brand called Blumenhofer - they have a speaker called Fun 13, which may be in the price range.

Dear sir,

I saw your reply on this thread and was very interested to know where I could audition/demo these speakers.
I'd appreciate any information about the same.
TIA,
AG

The only gripe I have with my MIssion is that they seem a bit bright- almost as much as I find the Qacoustics to be warm.

Hi, I feel AVR are not good enough for music.
You can try putting a FX Audio tube buffer in between your dac and marantz, I feel that it gives 3 dimensionality and warmness without losing the details. A reasonable solution for around 5K.

OK.. So my list of shortlisted loudspeakers

(To be auditioned)
  • Dali Opticon 6 , maybe 8 too
  • Focal Aria 936, Chorus 826
  • Jamo D950
  • KEF Q750 , 950
  • Zu Audio WE
  • Montor Audio Bronze 6
  • Golden Ear Triton 7
  • Paradigm Premiere 700f
  • Revel Concerta2 F36
  • B & W 603 ( out of budget )

(Used) :
  • Emotiva T2
  • Dali Opticon 8
  • Any other offers ?

Can't audition, won't buy :
  • Castle Avon 5
  • Wharfedale Linton , Evo 4.4
  • XTZ 95.44

Hi, I feel AVR are not good enough for music.
You can try putting a FX Audio tube buffer in between your dac and marantz, I feel that it gives 3 dimensionality and warmness without losing the details. A reasonable solution for around 5K.

I can try that .. Where can i get one ?

^ the 800f MRP seems out of budget (any idea abt street price?) , have included the 700f in my list though

Revel f35 or f36
Get either of these.

yes, I am in touch with the Harman Luxury Audio ppl regarding this. But still no luck tracing which dealer has this.
It seems to be the ONLY Harman Lux speaker model that I am even a bit close to affording.

yes, I am in touch with the Harman Luxury Audio ppl regarding this. But still no luck tracing which dealer has this.
It seems to be the ONLY Harman Lux speaker model that I am even a bit close to affording.
What are they quoting ?

^^ I have no idea on the India pricing .. I am just taking the US price as a ballpark figure.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back