Looking for suggestions for New Floorstanders in INR 1-1.5L

F36 : 1.88L MRP

Just a quick update:

I was surprised by playing with the Marantz settings and the change in SQ that I got.

I used Music Stereo mode, Audussey L/R Bypass, Sub : ON . This is equivalent to the Pure Direct mode, but with Sub ON.

The Mission now sound exactly like how I wanted them to. That mild shrillness is gone, they can play loud without losing control.

To me it seems while Audyssey is good for movies, it is not so nice for Music..

Of course better speakers will sound even better I am sure.

Just a quick update:

I was surprised by playing with the Marantz settings and the change in SQ that I got.

I used Music Stereo mode, Audussey L/R Bypass, Sub : ON . This is equivalent to the Pure Direct mode, but with Sub ON.

The Mission now sound exactly like how I wanted them to. That mild shrillness is gone, they can play loud without losing control.

Any idea on the F206 pricing ?

I know i might be throwing the OP on a railway track with this comment, but it would be wrong not to ask the questions.
What is the room size?
Any reason for floor standing speakers?
What are the foreseeable upgrades expected?
What is the current crossover used for speakers/woofer?

I am asking these questions because honestly from what I can see, the source of audio isn't HQ. YouTube etc compress music and well don't really need FS speakers. You have a good woofer. Ask an expert about home theater setup and they want you to set the crossover of speakers at minimum 80Hz and let the woofer handle the rest. They even recommend setting all speakers to small regardless of size and drivers. You have SVS Pb1000, great, make it rock the house. Instead of pure direct (which anyways works awfully with most online sources) use straight mode. I personally use the kef T series speakers which are 35mm in thickness and trust me they are enough for a 3000cuft room with 2 Rythmik fvx12 covering for bass.
If I may suggest, get nothing more than bookshelves (wall mounted should also work fine) and from the money saved buy another svs for a better (even) bass response.

What is the room size? 16' * 12' * 10'
Any reason for floor standing speakers? I just like the ease of installing them, plonk them on the floor , plus they DO seem to give a more fuller sound than BS.
What are the foreseeable upgrades expected? Not for another 15 years!
What is the current crossover used for speakers/woofer? 80HZ for front, 110Hz for Bipole suroounds, 150Hz for the upfiring Sonodyne Bookshelves . Speaker set to Small, LPF : LFE only.

But for now, the setting I just described in my post seem to be working fine.. I will see how this goes for sometime ( lockdown anyways)

What is the room size? 16' * 12' * 10'
Any reason for floor standing speakers? I just like the ease of installing them, plonk them on the floor , plus they DO seem to give a more fuller sound than BS.
What are the foreseeable upgrades expected? Not for another 15 years!
What is the current crossover used for speakers/woofer? 80HZ for front, 110Hz for Bipole suroounds, 150Hz for the upfiring Sonodyne Bookshelves . Speaker set to Small, LPF : LFE only.

But for now, the setting I just described in my post seem to be working fine.. I will see how this goes for sometime ( lockdown anyways)

I'm in a 23x13x10 room with kef T's and I found them easy to manage too. As far as other things go, since you're crossing them over at 80,which is the right thing to do, you'll be wasting the 2-3 woofers that come with it. Most woofer tweeter single driver each setup can very easily hit 80HZ.The extra bass drivers (mostly) are given for lower frequency extension. I'd say you don't need to buy a Ferrari for traveling at 40 kmph.

Just a quick update:

I tried listening to music with the L/R bypass & did find it noticeably better , more natural & open sounding. It also felt more warmer which may be due to the dac of the cd player. Earlier had tried Flat & Reference but it felt as if the sound was digitally manipulated affecting the bass & sounded more brighter.
Thanks for the tip Buxx.

Regards.

I tried listening to music with the L/R bypass & did find it noticeably better , more natural & open sounding. It also felt more warmer which may be due to the dac of the cd player. Earlier had tried Flat & Reference but it felt as if the sound was digitally manipulated affecting the bass & sounded more brighter.
Thanks for the tip Buxx.

Regards.

Exactly what I felt too ! In fact I am using these now not only when using Heos/BT but also when I play music on my HTPC. YouTube & other streaming App sound SO much better.

And I have the settings saved as Smart Select, so I can switch to normal Movie mode( With Audyssey ON) at the flick of a button . Works great !

Exactly what I felt too ! In fact I am using these now not only when using Heos/BT but also when I play music on my HTPC. YouTube & other streaming App sound SO much better.

And I have the settings saved as Smart Select, so I can switch to normal Movie mode( With Audyssey ON) at the flick of a button . Works great !

The smart select on the remote too is a good idea. Was curious how Audyssey treats the Subwoofer in the L/R bypass mode. Does it apply the room correction settings or leaves it untreated. Since I felt the bass increased a bit in this mode( since it sounded fuller) & had to tone it down a little bit.

How about Whardedale Evo 4.4 per hifimart it would be around 1.4L including taxes or Castle Knight Avon 5 for 1.5L..

The smart select on the remote too is a good idea. Was curious how Audyssey treats the Subwoofer in the L/R bypass mode. Does it apply the room correction settings or leaves it untreated. Since I felt the bass increased a bit in this mode( since it sounded fuller) & had to tone it down a little bit.

I am assuming the Sub is still EQ'ed by Audyssey. Maybe since the fronts are non-EQed, the entire experience is a bit bass-heavy.

How about Whardedale Evo 4.4 per hifimart it would be around 1.4L including taxes or Castle Knight Avon 5 for 1.5L..

They are surely good, but since I cant audition them locally, I wont be considering them..

I have heard the Wharfedale Diamond Bookshelves.. 10 or something.. in hindsight, even they appear to be just a tad bit too detailed to me.
Dali hits the nail perfectly.
Rethm BHAAVA SPEAKERS ... they open doors to a NEW WORLD OF MUSICAL HEAVEN.
I have them for sale as I am moving up the ladder in Rethm
Feel free to contact.
can give you within your budget

Madhu Gopi Joshi
Mob.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.. So my list of shortlisted loudspeakers

(To be auditioned)
  • Dali Opticon 6 , maybe 8 too
  • Focal Aria 936, Chorus 826
  • Jamo D950
  • KEF Q750 , 950
  • Zu Audio WE
  • Montor Audio Bronze 6
  • Golden Ear Triton 7
  • Paradigm Premiere 700f
  • Revel Concerta2 F36
  • B & W 603 ( out of budget )

(Used) :
  • Emotiva T2
  • Dali Opticon 8
  • Any other offers ?

Can't audition, won't buy :
  • Castle Avon 5
  • Wharfedale Linton , Evo 4.4
  • XTZ 95.44
Spendor legendary series S3/5 book shelf speakers Rs.65K
Totem arro ... mint ... original box ... Rs.95K
Planning to upgrade to HARBETH M 40.2
Hence these are all gets clearing
Lovely speakers very very hard to find such sweet sounding speakers

Madhu Gopi Joshi
Mob.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Music Madhu , this is confusing. Are these two separate setups?
It is also not permitted to post your mobile number on the forum. Please refrain, thanks

These are great suggestions.. Please do keep them coming.. I will go for demo-ing as soon as things improve

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back