love instead of study..

OT- Just came back from Kannur...went by car and it was raining for the last few days. I somehow felt it was better driving in Kerala in the rains than in chennai..and yes the drive was great

OT- Just came back from Kannur...went by car and it was raining for the last few days. I somehow felt it was better driving in Kerala in the rains than in chennai..and yes the drive was great

This I totally agree with! I hate it when it rains in Chennai! I somehow feel it would be still worse in Bombay when it rains...

Hey REM i too live too damn close to the Porsche outlet in bbay:mad::mad: I pass it at least twice everyday and my desire just hits the roof!!!!
I too love driving and cant even dream of being driven and most weekends we leave the city and drive to a place called Alibag which is a 3 hour drive from bbay. Most guys will take the ferry as it takes only an hour but lunatics like me drive!!!

I dont like being driven Dinyaar I get the jitters gets really scared sitting beside when someone else drives.

The BMW 3series already has 16inch wheels what do you plan to change it into

Susanth/Gruby

In chennai I had some really bad experiences when it rained especially in Numgambakkam its gets flooded and its mostly drainage water imagine that getting into your car yuk :eek:

I dont like being driven Dinyaar I get the jitters gets really scared sitting beside when someone else drives.

No i dont get scared sitting with anyone, its just that i like to drive. I am a poor pillion on a bike though, that sometimes scares.
REM not the 16 " rims which i really like its the Run Flats that are a problem on uneven/potholed roads. Very hard ride and u feel everything

Susanth/Gruby

In chennai I had some really bad experiences when it rained especially in Numgambakkam its gets flooded and its mostly drainage water imagine that getting into your car yuk :eek:

I was being polite and didn't want to go into the details of why I hate it, but yeah, that's one of the main reasons! :eek:hyeah:

No i dont get scared sitting with anyone, its just that i like to drive. I am a poor pillion on a bike though, that sometimes scares.
REM not the 16 " rims which i really like its the Run Flats that are a problem on uneven/potholed roads. Very hard ride and u feel everything

Oh ok I thought you were going to change the whole thg.

As far as pillion riding on a bike is concerned I dont have any problem coz I dont know how to ride so m better off letting others do it.

@ Gruby

Sorry tht i went into the details
I just cannot forget Koovam when I thk of Madras :D

Run flats even get damaged with our roads. I read in Autocar that one guy destroyed the tyres while driving his brand new 3 series after taking delivery from Bangaore to some nearby town. He was asking for replacement but BMW argued that he went too fast on uneven roads and that damaged the tyres

Run flats even get damaged with our roads. I read in Autocar that one guy destroyed the tyres while driving his brand new 3 series after taking delivery from Bangaore to some nearby town. He was asking for replacement but BMW argued that he went too fast on uneven roads and that damaged the tyres

And am sure they are pricey too. Someone told me each Run Flat costs about 40K !!! and are not available at the regular tyre shops in bbay so one has to keep going back to BMW.
Problems problems problems. Guess its safe to stick to the Honda s for a while
Rgds

+1 to that. I too get scared with others driving. I see their point when they mention how they have to put up with my driving, but still....

As for bikes, sitting pillion is out of the question. With cars, yes I can adjust. But not with bikes.:)

Suri ,Liked the great dane cross is he as tall as a great dane

hi rem,
he is 6 months old now, should reach his full height in about 12 months time, but he will not be as big as a great dane - probably 3/4 as tall as a small great dane and 1/2 as big as a big great dane!:)

i do not believe this - you were in kannur and you did not visit me?:eek::confused:

Gobble got one special one for you :p

punganur-bull.jpg

Whoa! A mini cow!!

Here is a brief about Ongole:
http://www.fao.org/ag/aga/agap/FRG/FEEDback/War/v0600b/v0600b04.htm

ongole15.jpg
ongole19.jpg

ongole13.jpg
ongole12.jpg

It is said to have come down from the Harappan times through indigenous methods of selective breeding usually also celebrated in village festivals and rites (Brahmani Bull ritual). The 7 to 8000 years of nurturing this breed has resulted in a very hardy and resilient livestock prized the world over. Its genetic stock has been exported to most of South America and Africa and majority of cattle in the USA used for meat comes from this bull.

Ongole is the world's oldest, tallest and hardiest cattle breeds, and has been around since the early days of Harappan civilisation. The sculptures on the walls of our ancient temples all show Ongole bulls. Lord Shiva's bull Nandi is an Ongole.

Just FYI ... :)

Regards

Last edited:
Gobble,

You were serious abt this :) I thought you were kidding.

I am a serious admirer for sure!! :)

Edit: When I think about an alternative lifestyle, breeding Ongoles, cats and having a mango and guava orchard is what comes to my mind ... a far cry from being an I.T professional :)

Cheers

Last edited:
that man in the pic is a dwarf!

Whoa! A mini cow!!

Here is a brief about Ongole:
The Ongole cattle: A versatile resource for the tropics

ongole13.jpg
ongole12.jpg

It is said to have come down from the Harappan times through indigenous methods of selective breeding usually also celebrated in village festivals and rites. The 7 to 8000 years of nurturing this breed has resulted in a very hardy and resilient livestock prized the world over. Its genetic stock has been exported to most of South America and Africa and majority of cattle in the USA used for beef comes from this bull.

Regards

Here is a pic of the Ongole you will likely see in ancient temples:

img_0421.jpg

This one I took In Halebidu

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back