love instead of study..

And am sure they are pricey too. Someone told me each Run Flat costs about 40K !!! and are not available at the regular tyre shops in bbay so one has to keep going back to BMW.
Problems problems problems. Guess its safe to stick to the Honda s for a while
Rgds

Very true, I dont think you get at regular tyre shops unless some person has started importing them. But still they wont be cheap at all
I even went through the specs of 3 series on the BMW India site. The front and rear tyres are same which i thought otherwise. Then what is stopping BMW from giving normal tubeless tyres. I know its a step back but our road conditions are not fit for run flats
When you go to for a spin in your uncles 7 series just check out the size of the front and rear tyres if you can

i do not believe this - you were in kannur and you did not visit me?:eek::confused:

Hi Suri,

Next time i come to Kannur surely will give you a visit(definitely to see all your DYI stuff). I was there for Onam. Kannur is my wifey's native. One interesting thing happened during the trip. Got talking with the relatives and people was talking about how Bose is the best and all. So i couldnt resist a lengthy monologue on hifi stuff. My wife called me aside and told me no one at kannur would know all this stuff so stop boring them(that too in english-i dont speak Malayalam so well :p). And i mentioned that there is a person from Kannur who is big time into audiophile stuff and she was quite surprised when i told you make most of the stuff yourself.

OT-But its a charming place.. I was there for 2 days and time was moving slowly. I went to the local exhibition, was bustling with people. Got flowers and stuff. Went near Mascot beach resort and had some burgers @ hot grillzz. It was a nice getaway.i drove all the way from chennai just to be there for Onam for 2 days so it was quite hectic. but the road was fantastic near wayanad.

Cheers
Sushanth

@ Dinyaar nice to know about your next car. But the skoda laura 1.8tsi is faster than a 325i in straight line although things get different when it comes to corners. The run flats is a big problem with the BMW esp on indian roads i'm yet to meet a BMW owner who hasnt had a damaged tyre.

Dint even know bulls that size existed :eek:

Found its other half !

bigcowBNS_468x577.jpg

Whoa! Nice :)

Have you guys seen the Mithun ? Its another magnificent creature. I recall seeing one in Trivandrum Zoo ..

spaceball.gif

When you see them in real life, it feels like a treat!!

Cheers

did you know that the Mithun (the animal not the actor) is a kind of a status symbol in arunachal???..it is a unit of wealth...though its only use is when it lands up on your table...anyway here is celebrating the diversity of our country....

did you know that the Mithun (the animal not the actor) is a kind of a status symbol in arunachal???..it is a unit of wealth...though its only use is when it lands up on your table...anyway here is celebrating the diversity of our country....

I would love to keep one someday :)

Regards

@ Dinyaar nice to know about your next car. But the skoda laura 1.8tsi is faster than a 325i in straight line although things get different when it comes to corners. The run flats is a big problem with the BMW esp on indian roads i'm yet to meet a BMW owner who hasnt had a damaged tyre.

Hi Nirav/rikhav,
Nirav have always liked a BMW so if i can afford it sometime soon i would like to buy one. Not for the next two years as i have just bought a car for myself. Maybe in 2 years my old city will be 'ready' for sale. I did not know that the Laura was 'fast' at all. Any way i dont like the laura or the superb, like the old octy though. Did u finally swap the tyres on your VW? Well actually a few friends have the 325 and i quite like the feel/performance of the car. The Co is being pig headed about the run flats till now and i hope they adapt their thought process to our roads!!!
Rikhav tom at noon the dealer has arranged a TD for the 740 i so will definately check the size and revert back.
Rgds

As far as the spec sheet goes 740Li has 245 18 inch tyres both at front and rear. There is no option of 245 19 front and 275 19 rear which is an option in 730LD and standard in 750 Li
Interesting thing is that 245 18 inch tyres are there as option on 750 Li. :)

Hi,
No BMW TD today as the 740i did not show up. Have already driven the 730 so fixed for sometime midweek. Asked the lady on the telephone and she said it depends on what wheel is chosen. If its 18 " then all tyres are the same size, if its the classic multi spoke 19' then 275/40 at the rear and 245/45 as the fronts.
Will confirm when i get my hands on the car though.
Since we were all present we went to check out the Jaguar and checked out the XF and the XFR. Lovely looking machines, big beefy engines, typical understated(but brilliant) british build. Sales staff are extremely co operative and reasonably well informed. Now that the initial craze is over u can get a longish TD and the car did not seem to be on a 15 minute 'leash' as when we checked it out a few months earlier.
Drove the XF at Worli seaface in minimal traffic and it is a beast. Feel of the car is wonderful and i did not even dare try sports mode. Am just wondering what the XFR with over 500 horses will be like to drive with its supercharger and those uber cool 20 " alloys and intakes!!!!!!!!! Was told that its been raised a bit for our roads and this TD car easily went over the largish speed breakers at Worli with 5 adults in the car. If only they would assemble this here, they could sell on road for about 60/62 as against the current 80+ and for car freaks this would be a great naturally aspirated 5 litre V8 with enough space and big 'X' factor.
Rgds

PS - ICE is 14 B&W speakers!!!! No comment on quality as local FM stations can hardly reveal a systems quality. In dash 6 cd changer and claimed 440 WPC. Guy mentioned Dolby 3 stereo and pro logic but i thought pro logic was a term used only for a an A/V set up and this is simply an audio system.

Last edited:
Hi Dinyaar
Truly the Jag is really tempting but the price is too high. I remember one other guy from Tbhp writing about his TD of XF at Worli sea face. He was also thrilled with the engine and wondered how would XFR perform with 500 horses under its hood
The Audi showroom is not far away from the Jag showroom if i am not wrong. Why not convince your uncle to have of TD of A6 or A8 even if he is not planning to buy it :D

Not many unless you are a celebrity who can go over countless waysiders without getting punished :D

The road where Dinyaar mentioned he had a TD of the Jaguar (Worli Seaface) was known for being used for high speed runs by car enthusiastics. Even if police kept a vigil they managed. But after the sea link opening the traffic on the road has increase by three folds

How many times one can do it on indian roads is a big question mark :)

entirely possible on many roads in kerala and on roads between kerala and karanataka.

and it is only in india that there are no rules. you go dangerously fast and all you get are angry glances and gestures, until you damage property or lives.

probably pay a lot in fines and get your license suspended if you tried this anywhere else (exception would be the somalia and african countries):)

Hi
Its not just the numbers that the car can rake up.
It feels wonderful and there is a surge as u push the pedal. Plus the big factor of the roar of the V8!!! That counts for something too.
Actually u now should be careful speeding at worli as there are lots of cops and they are very quick to book u for rash/negligent driving.
Rgds

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back