love instead of study..

Mr Venkat
NO FORM OF MOBILE COMMUNICATION ONCE ON THE DRIVERS SEAT.
No speaker phone or hands free or anything.
I dont have a problem personally as i DONT use the cell when i drive.......It irritates when people are on the phone and are driving pathetically.
I heard the interview of out traffic ACP and he also mentioned that listening to music on a phone is distracting!!! Fine do away with the car stereo too!!!!
He mentions a person takes his eyes of the road to attend to the phone, select the music etc etc etc.
A person also takes his eyes of the road to use the car stereo (at least the ones without the controls on the wheel) or even to talk to the person in the adjacent seat sometimes!!!!!
I think these rules are for bbay as there are too many accidents but am sure they will implement in other cities soon enough.
They could warn the errant driver, suspend the license if there is a repeat but cancellation on the spot is severe. Imagine how much one is willing to shell out in case one is caught!!!!!!!!to continue to drive EVER!!!
Rgds

Some points to ponder.

Excerpts:

A respected Australian research laboratory has just published its findings confirming that human sperm is damaged by mobile phone radiation, with implications regarding impaired fertility for males carrying their phones in their waist pockets or on waist belts.

Notably, as published in Apple's iPhone3G-S Product Information Guide distributed with current iPhones "...When using iPhone near your body for voice calls or for wireless data transmission over a cellular network, keep iPhone at least 15 mm (5/8 inch) away from the body, and only use carrying cases, belt clips, or holders that do not have metal parts and that maintain at least 15 mm (5/8 inch) separation between iPhone and the body...If you are still concerned about exposure to RF energy, you can further limit your exposure by limiting the amount of time using iPhone...and by placing more distance between your body and iPhone, since exposure level drops off dramatically with distance." [Apple Inc., June 19, 2009]
Source

Yes. Please never keep the cellphone strapped near your hip or crotch. You may suffer sperm deficiency after a few years. It is also claimed that Microwave/RF engineers who work near towers and dish antennae always get a girl child. I know a few cases personally about telecom engineers whose all (2 or 3) kids are girls. Apparently it also alters mitochondria and DNA.

Environmentalists have also found birds eggs that are infertile or genetically damaged and an increased pattern of disease in birds and postulate that this appears to come from proximity to/nesting near microwave/RF towers.

HTH
Regards

Yes. Please never keep the cellphone strapped near your hip or crotch. You may suffer sperm deficiency after a few years. It is also claimed that Microwave/RF engineers who work near towers and dish antennae always get a girl child. I know a few cases personally about telecom engineers whose all (2 or 3) kids are girls. Apparently it also alters mitochondria and DNA.

Environmentalists have also found birds eggs that are infertile or genetically damaged and an increased pattern of disease in birds and postulate that this appears to come from proximity to/nesting near microwave/RF towers.

HTH
Regards

hi gobble,

reading your posts about ongole bulls and farms and breeding cats, has had me thinking - how do you plan to do this?

regards

ooohhh!!cars!!caught this topic a little late.have had the pleasure of bein in a few incredible cars in india(all belonging to friends of course :p!!).
SL 55 AMG-brute of a car,and that exhaust note...
SL 200K with AMG kit
S350 L-refinement personified
BMW 650i coupe-lovely car,elegant and extremely fast
BMW 530d-lovely diesel,hate the run flats!
PORSCHE CAYENNE turbo S-definitely the sports car of all suvs

of course being abroad does give gearheads a lot more leeway in choice of machinery.my father used a BMW 518 in germany(1981,when the 5series was just launched).lovely car for the time.a cousin of mine uses an AUDI RS4(avant)in scotland.gulp.imagine taking ur entire family,dogs and shopping along for a joyride.nice.another(again in scotland)uses a HARLEY DAVIDSON VROD and LOTUS elise with janspeed exhaust,racing springs and the guy actually wants to get a TVR cerebra.lol.a mutual friend(in scotland,white boy tho) has a 'modest' ferrari collection in his garage.TESTAROSSA,F40,F50,and the classic DAYTONA.drool,drool.

the sl55 was by far my favorite.obvious.the exhaust note at full blat was truly AUTE CORONARY SYNDROME inducing!!!
in spite of being a medic,have such strange fascination for mechanical mayhem..wrc/dtm/wtcc/v8 supercars/motogp.heh.am i so ever in the'right profession' :lol:

given the choice of accumulating a collection(can dream cant i??)
1984 PORSCHE TURBO(whale tail)
BMW M3/M5,the older versions

oh so many more...these should suffice for a while.cheers

Last edited:
Some points to ponder.

Excerpts:

A respected Australian research laboratory has just published its findings confirming that human sperm is damaged by mobile phone radiation, with implications regarding impaired fertility for males carrying their phones in their waist pockets or on waist belts.

Notably, as published in Apple's iPhone3G-S Product Information Guide distributed with current iPhones "...When using iPhone near your body for voice calls or for wireless data transmission over a cellular network, keep iPhone at least 15 mm (5/8 inch) away from the body, and only use carrying cases, belt clips, or holders that do not have metal parts and that maintain at least 15 mm (5/8 inch) separation between iPhone and the body...If you are still concerned about exposure to RF energy, you can further limit your exposure by limiting the amount of time using iPhone...and by placing more distance between your body and iPhone, since exposure level drops off dramatically with distance." [Apple Inc., June 19, 2009]
Source

aahh research and finding ... take all these just for fun ....
i will give examples .... most research and findings are mainly of academic importance...

The point is what is written in the books is not real most of the times .. have you seen even most leading successful men and women spend 3-4 hrs on cell phone..
they should have lost brain cells and whatever and become less productive...but that is very rare.
like wise drinking is bad for health in theory...i see many healthy people drinking ...

The so called health conscious urban youth is many times
weaker and poor in health than a villager who just eat whatever he gets,never knowing a word about nutrition !

where these R nD papers gone wrong?

a for the cell phones , small wireless radiation damage from cell phone is easily repaired by body...

all these are personal beliefs no one can justify the claims
the ones who believes in all these gossip columns develop
some funny habits ....
i will illaborate one such habit for your reference ... imagine someone reads that post and buys a 15mm! thick pack for that iphone..while that guy visits his office ,fun begins!

@ Dinyaar! Damn i don't have a rich old uncle to convince:D But have a few friends who might be intreted in getting a jag. Why don't you ask your uncle to wait for th new XJ it might be more up his alley & yours as well.

I'm all for chaning tyres on all almost all indian cars esp marutis, hyundai's etc
Most of whom i know have found a significant difference in ride comfort with the michellin's. The civic AFAIK is shop with michellin's as OE. The PP2 are more for performance & form what i here they are one of the best around, but i've not tried them my self.
Cheers

HI NEO,
XF will do for now !!!!!!!!! XJ will be around 1.3C!!!My powers to convince are not that good.
CIVIC comes with a host of tyres from the goodyear to some rubbish BStone and the michelin MXV8 (now discontinued) in size 195/65 R15. I dont know what Michelin is now used by Honda, maybe the XM1.
Rgds

aahh research and finding ... take all these just for fun ....
i will give examples .... most research and findings are mainly of academic importance...

The point is what is written in the books is not real most of the times .. have you seen even most leading successful men and women spend 3-4 hrs on cell phone..
they should have lost brain cells and whatever and become less productive...but that is very rare.
like wise drinking is bad for health in theory...i see many healthy people drinking ...

The so called health conscious urban youth is many times
weaker and poor in health than a villager who just eat whatever he gets,never knowing a word about nutrition !

where these R nD papers gone wrong?

a for the cell phones , small wireless radiation damage from cell phone is easily repaired by body...

all these are personal beliefs no one can justify the claims
the ones who believes in all these gossip columns develop
some funny habits ....
i will illaborate one such habit for your reference ... imagine someone reads that post and buys a 15mm! thick pack for that iphone..while that guy visits his office ,fun begins!

I see where you are coming from. But relax! that post was not an endorsement propaganda.

Regarding the R&D labrats (a term my cousin -senior scientist in RCC- uses very often) I have high respect for them. Afterall we are what we are today due to the endless hours put in by the R&D teams across the world. But still, I indulge in every possible habit they advice to avoid. Most of the published papers do not make any sense to many of us due to sheer ignorance or one-life-live-it attitude. I belong to the later. Am I being smart in doing so? May be not. Do I make fun of these studies just for kicks? I do. That's a selfish gamble with life willingly taken.

And yes these personal believes do turn out to become some funny habits! A friend of mine from mba days used to have some sorta sticker thingy on his mobile phone which sparkles ridiculously like a christmas tree everytime he gets a call. He religiously believed that this would save him from possible brain damage in the future!

I'm not sure about the extent of brian damage of leading successful men and women. Nor do I think most research and findings are only of academic importance - some do get out of academics and make their way into making this world a better place. :)

Cheers.

hi gobble,

reading your posts about ongole bulls and farms and breeding cats, has had me thinking - how do you plan to do this?

regards

Hahaha its just a daydream for now. I don't plan to be a professional breeder. Just a dream that I should settle in a tier-2 city or agri area and own a pair of fine pedigree bulls. Cats do not take any effort ... :)

Cheers

Whateva it is unleash I dont take chances with my body parts mobile and all kinds of equipments emitting radio waves are definitely kept away from my heart as well as other male organs :). If I had a choice I wud have kept the mobile away from my brain as well but then thts not possible

y take a chance when there is a possibility however remote it is.

I have also read tht news which you have mentioned unleash and since then I never keep the mobile anywhere near my nuts.
I have dropped it n times cos I carry it in my hand all the time no pouch nothing for me.

Dinyaar,

I dont thk I can get near a jaguar other than the one in the zoo(even ie rare) in the near future forget abt driving one.

@Venkat

If I was in your situation I wud have felt like taking that mobile from that ladys hand and smashing it on her car itself.

Ultimate show of arrogance and total disregard for others.

And yes these personal believes do turn out to become some funny habits! A friend of mine from mba days used to have some sorta sticker thingy on his mobile phone which sparkles ridiculously like a christmas tree everytime he gets a call. He religiously believed that this would save him from possible brain damage in the future!

I believe a ferrite bead works to absorb radiation?

Ferrite bead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Edit:
http://www.mercola.com/forms/ferrite_beads.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4203077.stm

Cheers

Last edited:

I'm not sure about the extent of brian damage of leading successful men and women. Nor do I think most research and findings are only of academic importance - some do get out of academics and make their way into making this world a better place. :)

Cheers.
unleash,
I agree ..surely I have deep respect for genuine Rnd ,in fact our today's world is created by such activity
..just commenting on the 'quick believers '..feel that
we should do a little bit of Rnd to before believing "Research has shown that..." columns..wat say?

so your fren too was shaken by radiation news:)...

DIY ferrite earings for women... but
what about men..
marketing field is amazing ..ION fridges , clearview glasses...Golden eye TV,fat reducing belt..

see at the end of the mercola page they are making money by selling 0.10$ beads at 12 $

hi kaushik,

yes, the marketing field is amazing, they could sell a refrigerator to an Eskimo!

but when a good product meets up with a good, intelligent marketing team, the result is a successful (in the market) product.

That is one singular reason that one would buy an Honda Jazz when one could buy a GM product for half the price.

genius has to meet genius!:)

Mclaren has unveiled its MP4-12C. Its the first car totally developed and produced by the Mclaren group. Engine is 3.8 ltr V8 or a V12 (not sure about how many cylinder engine it is) twin turbo developing 600 bhp
Except some cutting edge technologies in the gearbox and aerdodynamics as they would have got lot of help from their F1 program
This is the first car by Mclaren and will go on sale by 2011
Wonder how soon we will see one after its launched :)

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back