love instead of study..

and petrol version is just too awesome!

As expected for a car in this price range, the spares are expensive, for the service I have a 3 years all inclusive package (Service, synthetic oils, service consumables etc.) which should do me good. I have had good experience so far for the warranty related repairs, got a tyre changed w/o any issues, fixed the stereo system (Even when my little one had tried to play a coin in the CD player :)).

I agree, the ride is too good and if you stay lucky on the service cost front, it is a huge VFM over others in the league.

On that note I strictly prefer the purebreed ISD (Indian Street Dog). Particularly the redcoat skinned pedigree. I strongly feel foreign breeds of cows and dogs do not deserve a place in my home, but thats a personal philosophy. Except that I cant help finding Dachshunds so infinitely cute. I also love Nellore Ongole Bulls too much. Really admire them, I might own a pair someday -atleast I dream about it.

Cheers

If you are talking about Indian pariah dogs, there is no pedigree to them:). But they are hardy and loyal to the extreme. I am sure you would be happy with them.

But a point to note is that they are more natural dogs. They may not obey every one of our 'commands' instantaneously. I have grown to like dogs with a personality.

The catch is though, that you cant have the cake and eat it too:). If you like a dog with personality then one has got to be ready to be disappointed when your dog disagrees with you in the least expected of times!

Yeah the pedigree was meant to be a joke. Its just that ISDs feel closer to home and heart. :)

Cheers

Yeah the pedigree was meant to be a joke. Its just that ISDs feel closer to home and heart. :)

Cheers

Considering you love Dachsunds, have you seen Basset Hounds? I like the latter far more than the former. :) Better and steadier temperament as well as the fact that they are bigger dogs overall, sort of seems to influence me.

Hi Guys,
Suri I like a BMW and a Honda too, brilliant engines. I guess my next car should be (can hope it will be) a simple 325 BMW. Bigger than what i need actually and the 'feel' of the car is something i like. If only i can solve the issues with the run flats. Actually have a lovely book on B&W tracing the history of the Co and the problems after the war. They were making V8 engines in the 40s!!!!!!
Am on no car forum so will shoot the question here. If i buy a BMW and swap the tyres u guys think they will hassle me on the warranty?
Just yesterday vortex and i were discussing dogs!!!!
I too love them but wont have them anymore for sure. They pre decease u and its like losing someone in your family again & again. So i make do with the stray dogs that have a permanent home in our housing society. We only had german shepherds and my last dog died in 95 and have not had one since. The unselfish affection that an animal bestows is difficult to do without but its a choice.
Rgds

Last edited:
Yes, its hard when they pass along before you. The pain is always round the corner. But I have gotten hooked on dogs and find it very hard to live without them. Also in their small lives, they do quite a lot to almost make us believe that this will last a long time, if not forever.

Personally though there can be few more painful occasions than seeing an active, alert and joyful companion lying inert and quite dead. They are no lesser than a family member. So, I understand where you are coming from, Dinyaar.

On GSD's was there any particular line you preferred?

Considering you love Dachsunds, have you seen Basset Hounds? I like the latter far more than the former. :) Better and steadier temperament as well as the fact that they are bigger dogs overall, sort of seems to influence me.

I'm actually a cat person. Adore them no end, love raising them like a parent would raise his own child ... :)

Cheers

I'm actually a cat person. Adore them no end, love raising them like a parent would raise his own child ... :)

Cheers

Oops - I am not a cat person at all. Pardon me. Somehow with the way I view things I find it hard to understand if somebody says they like dogs as well as cats. They are just too different! Completely, radically different.

Reminds me of an old joke I read:

A dog thinks - this guy tends to me, he feeds me, he takes me out and fusses over me. He must be God.

A cat thinks - this guy tends to me, he feeds me, he plays with me and cuddles all the time. I must be God

:)

Hi Dinyaar
I guess the guys at BMW will be in the best position to answer about the warranty issue. I am not sure but i think i read some time back that they started higher profile tyres after many complaints. But I would advise you to also TD the Audi A4 specially because you drive yourself. Both BMW 3 series and Audi A4 are driver's car but who knows you might like the A4.

@Dinyaar

Lucky u Din that you got a frnd like that. I love driving especially in the rain and there is plenty of it in the place where I come from.

The biggest and costliest car/SUV that I have ever been able to drive was my bro's Prado but I donot like SUV's that much.

My love for Ferraris started ever since I started following F1 back in 1994 though Ferrari was not doin well at that time. It also helps that most of the Ferraris spot my favorite color.

I also happen to live pretty close to a Ferrari showroom for a few months that is when I fell in love with the F430 spider :yahoo:

Hey REM i too live too damn close to the Porsche outlet in bbay:mad::mad: I pass it at least twice everyday and my desire just hits the roof!!!!
I too love driving and cant even dream of being driven and most weekends we leave the city and drive to a place called Alibag which is a 3 hour drive from bbay. Most guys will take the ferry as it takes only an hour but lunatics like me drive!!!

Hey REM i too live too damn close to the Porsche outlet in bbay:mad::mad: I pass it at least twice everyday and my desire just hits the roof!!!!
I too love driving and cant even dream of being driven and most weekends we leave the city and drive to a place called Alibag which is a 3 hour drive from bbay. Most guys will take the ferry as it takes only an hour but lunatics like me drive!!!

For somebody so passionate on driving as you, Dinyaar, what is your take on our roads and the traffic sense, or the lack of it, exhibited by so many of the people?

Oops - I am not a cat person at all. Pardon me. Somehow with the way I view things I find it hard to understand if somebody says they like dogs as well as cats. They are just too different! Completely, radically different.

A dog thinks - this guy tends to me, he feeds me, he takes me out and fusses over me. He must be God.

A cat thinks - this guy tends to me, he feeds me, he plays with me and cuddles all the time. I must be God

Thats a really good one!! :lol:

See you have to look at cats like the way you look at children - they have the same egos as children do. If you ever observe cats closely you will see the same attitudes and behaviors as in Children. Those that have only seen stray cats foraging garbage bins will not appreciate them I guess.
You have to grow up with one to learn to love them. :licklips:

Cheers

hehehehehe!!!!

i love all living creatures, and i try not to kill ants if I can help it.

but i really cannot relate to cats.

have gone thru many tragedies with my dogs dying on me, but cannot do without them by my side- probably a raison d'tre for me (and my wife).

have three of them - kunhi (a cross between a daschund and a welsh terrier),
swamy (road retriever = indian street dog = adopted at about 6 weeks from the highway), and appu (cross between a great dane and german shepherd).

here they are, listening with me, to Diana Krall (girl in the other room)!

Last edited:
Thats a really good one!! :lol:

See you have to look at cats like the way you look at children - they have the same egos as children do. If you ever observe cats closely you will see the same attitudes and behaviors as in Children. Those that have only seen stray cats foraging garbage bins will not appreciate them I guess.
You have to grow up with one to learn to love them. :licklips:

Cheers

No, Gobble. My thought process did not evolve after seeing street cats. At any rate there are a lot more street dogs foraging on muck than cats:).

Just my personal thoughts based on observation of domestic cats...Call it subjective.

For somebody so passionate on driving as you, Dinyaar, what is your take on our roads and the traffic sense, or the lack of it, exhibited by so many of the people?

Ok here goes.
There is no traffic sense!!!!!! There are rules but nobody cares to follow them. There are just too many cabs in bbay and most of these cabbies are from either UP or Bihar. While I dont have a problem with people from other states coming here to earn a living as this is supposed to be 'the mega city' i do have a problem with their attitude, behaviour and lack of discipline. They add to the woes of the city motorists with the 'chalta hai' attitude. And all this is coming from a guy who is from south bbay where 3 wheelers are not allowed to ply. The state of our suburbs is even worse where the 'auto' tries to squeeze into spaces that are not there!!!!!!
Scratches, dents, broken mirrors, cracked fenders if u are lucky, missing/disfigured limbs/bodies if u are not.
It is so easy to get a license to kill in bbay!!!!!!!! Untill that is changed, nothing will.
Regarding the traffic and overuse of our ancient roads. Every suggested measure to ease congestion always faces stiff opposition and nothing is done. There was a plan to charge extra during certain busy hours in the CBD (a la london) but that too was scrapped. Hawkers, double parking, parking in no parking zones leaves too little road for so many vehicles to ply on.
The PUC certificate is a joke when u have ancient vehicles(15 year old ill maintained cabs etc etc) that pollute endlessly and shamelessly.
I could go on and on but .................... nothing will come out of it.
Am only referring to bbay in the above and am sure other guys can chime in with their respective cities.
Rgds

Ok here goes.
There is no traffic sense!!!!!! There are rules but nobody cares to follow them. There are just too many cabs in bbay and most of these cabbies are from either UP or Bihar. While I dont have a problem with people from other states coming here to earn a living as this is supposed to be 'the mega city' i do have a problem with their attitude, behaviour and lack of discipline. They add to the woes of the city motorists with the 'chalta hai' attitude. And all this is coming from a guy who is from south bbay where 3 wheelers are not allowed to ply. The state of our suburbs is even worse where the 'auto' tries to squeeze into spaces that are not there!!!!!!
Scratches, dents, broken mirrors, cracked fenders if u are lucky, missing/disfigured limbs/bodies if u are not.
It is so easy to get a license to kill in bbay!!!!!!!! Untill that is changed, nothing will.
Regarding the traffic and overuse of our ancient roads. Every suggested measure to ease congestion always faces stiff opposition and nothing is done. There was a plan to charge extra during certain busy hours in the CBD (a la london) but that too was scrapped. Hawkers, double parking, parking in no parking zones leaves too little road for so many vehicles to ply on.
The PUC certificate is a joke when u have ancient vehicles(15 year old ill maintained cabs etc etc) that pollute endlessly and shamelessly.
I could go on and on but .................... nothing will come out of it.
Am only referring to bbay in the above and am sure other guys can chime in with their respective cities.
Rgds

Replace the city name to any other major city in India, Dinyaar and your statements will ring true!

Inspite of all this if you still enjoy your driving, I guess one would have to raise a toast to you and wish you well on all your journeys:). Well, somebody do the same for me as well, as I too am of the same ilk!

Replace the city name to any other major city in India, Dinyaar and your statements will ring true!

Inspite of all this if you still enjoy your driving, I guess one would have to raise a toast to you and wish you well on all your journeys:). Well, somebody do the same for me as well, as I too am of the same ilk!

I'll surely raise a toast to u vortex and would love to meet sometime in the future as we share quite a few passions!!!
I dont drive too much in the day, I ride!!! That helps me pack my day a little bit more. Certainly drive at night when there is less traffic but there are more 'kimis or rossi s ' around.
Actually drinking and driving was a huge problem here. Now that the cops have finally cracked down for whatever reason the situation is improving. Guys who are going to tank up:p now retain the driver for the nights too or take a cab home which is good.
Rgds

Drive in the rain drive and at night when it drizzles there is nothing more romantic. :p

it pours in kerala and its a real challenge driving in the highway during those times but one good thing roads does not get flooded as fast like in Bangalore or chennai or as much as in bby as seen on tv :)

Worship Schumacher (F1 rain God)

Gobble got one special one for you :p

punganur-bull.jpg

Suri ,

You look completely different from the image I had of you totally different :D

Liked the great dane cross is he as tall as a great dane

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back