Low cost NAS units

GeorgeO

I met someone recently who said he is offering NAS units(sourced from Taiwan, I think) here in Bangalore at significantly lower cost than Synology/Netgear. I wasn't able to get specifics from him since I wasn't interested myself, but if anyone wants to know more his name is Prathap and website: http://www.oricoindia.com/

He said all his products are yet featured on the site to please contact him for more info via the site.

I was looking for something like this but in a bit cheaper price also the website link if up and running but it does not have any prices listed. Hopefully i get some response to my email on enquiry ...

I was looking for something like this but in a bit cheaper price also the website link if up and running but it does not have any prices listed. Hopefully i get some response to my email on enquiry ...

Let me know what prices they are quoting, I may be looking for some single Bay HDD enclosures. I once had a mini enclosure of 2 bays from DLink, while they are portable and low powered devices that can run continuously, their flexibility is limited by their OS and supported Apps and performance is nowhere a DIY PC based NAS can offer although they do the job for the 90% of the situations. Also a Airy full PC cabinet DIY NAS keeps HDDs in Sub 40 degrees C temperature and these enclosures are always 55 - 70 degrees inner temperature and of the HDDs. I do accept HDDs are made to operate in variety of temperatures but this is a more of a prejudice.

You may look at the following:

Helios4
Odroid HC1
Odroid H2
Odroid N2

Let me know what prices they are quoting, I may be looking for some single Bay HDD enclosures. I once had a mini enclosure of 2 bays from DLink, while they are portable and low powered devices that can run continuously, their flexibility is limited by their OS and supported Apps and performance is nowhere a DIY PC based NAS can offer although they do the job for the 90% of the situations. Also a Airy full PC cabinet DIY NAS keeps HDDs in Sub 40 degrees C temperature and these enclosures are always 55 - 70 degrees inner temperature and of the HDDs. I do accept HDDs are made to operate in variety of temperatures but this is a more of a prejudice.

After speaking to them about the details they asked me to send email for which there is No response ..

Helios4
Odroid HC1
Odroid H2
Odroid N2

Availability is the issue in bangalore ...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back