Low sound from rear speakers

great_guns

Hi,

I have a Panasonic PT75 basic 5.1 channel home theatre system (Panasonic SC-PT75 Specs - CNET). The rear speakers are connected via a long pair of wires running under my floor. The length of the wires would be around 20 feet. Is this the reason why the sound volume from the rear speakers is low or are these speakers supposed to have a lower volume in general?

My second question is whether I can do anything to change the volume of only the rear channels when playing from my laptop.

Regards
Ganesh

generally surround channels are supposed to be subtle, and not overwhelm the listener, so as long as you get some sound coming out of it, it should be fine

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately there is no way I can adjust the volume of individual channels in my receiver (its a basic home theatre system). Are there any test sounds available I can play and check whether the speakers volumes are correct?

for speakers, no, unless you are talking hundreds of meters and very thin wire
DJ7KyF

In general the rear channel speakers will play in low volume as its Sorround Speaker, If the sound card is Realtek then you can try something that worked for me. I have a desktop and had issues with low volume from the rear channel so in the Speaker Properties under Enhancement Tab tab there is an Option "Loudness Equalization" putting a check in that will make all the channels play in same volume.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back