LPs first or TT first?

First: LPs or TT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I started this thread, I thought it will skewed one way or the other but guess what? It's a tie as of now!

The score is vertically split!

Now, this calls for a toss of a coin for the clincher.

But on a more serious note, I say start buying records since you seem bent on going the vinyl way. Records come and go, and the trick to get good titles is to be vigilant and check up with sellers every couple of weeks. Once you begin the process, it becomes automated as the seller will start calling you when he has new stock!

My first turntable (Telefunken) was bought in 1969 we then went out and bought Engelbert's 'Release Me', Tom Jones 'Greatest Hits'
First TT then LP

Hi Denzong,

I had got it second hand from Nova Audio. Around 50k or was it 45k? You'd be hard pressed to find a deal like that now. I just got lucky cos the earlier owner was upgrading to the top of the line RPM 10 and was letting this go for a good reduction. I've seen a few mid level Project TTs going for far more second hand!

regards

Lucky. Very lucky I must say. Can you pass me the no of sunil anand. I will also try my luck

Hi Stevie,

Can you provide your expertise on the following:

Rega RP1 & Project Genie

Which one is better???

Thanks!

Hi Stevie,

Rega RP1 & Project Genie

Which one is better???

Thanks!

Hi Denom, I feel the new RPM 1 is far far better than the Project Genie.

Firstly the new tonearm on the Rega is far superior. It also allows a lot more flexibility in terms of cartridge options...

The platter is superior too.

just my two cents.

Anyone wants a tt from singapore then tell me now. Pm me and I will give you options which are there and prices

Anyone wants a tt from singapore then tell me now. Pm me and I will give you options which are there and prices

Project RP1 pricing in singapore for starters would be highly appreciated:) incl of tone arm & cart

Thanks

Hi Stevie,

Rega RP1 & Project Genie

Which one is better???

Thanks!

Hi Denom!

I'd be hard pressed to come down on either side of the fence. In fact, this was the very question in my mind when Gobble asked for opinions on the Rega RP1 in the group buy thread.

Both tables have good tech going for each. The project however has a motor pod that's completely decoupled from the main plinth. Which would substantially eliminate motor vibration reaching the record. How much of an edge this offer the project over the Rega's platter and arm? Not too sure, would be tough to say without having heard either.

The best advice I can give you is to research both tables. Each table would have a unique sound signature. I think Projects aim more for the neutral and Regas aim for being more rhythmic and driven. You can't go wrong with either, but if you figure out the sound signature you're more likely to find out which one you'd have a greater chance of liking, given your individual tastes. Given the budget a potential buyer has, he would not be likely to go out and buy an expensive mc cart in the 12000 bucks range, more like the 5-8k range, so as far as cart upgrades go I think both would do decent with upgraded carts. Projects really focus all their money on no-nonsense tables, live with them and you realize there are no extra frilly parts around. They deserve their wide spread budget level domination, so tough call buddy :)

Regards
steve

Denzong, are you already in Singapore??? Pls spill the beans on the pricing of all the TT's you've checked out. PLEASE :)

Last edited:
Hi Denom!

I'd be hard pressed to come down on either side of the fence. In fact, this was the very question in my mind when Gobble asked for opinions on the Rega RP1 in the group buy thread.

Both tables have good tech going for each. The project however has a motor pod that's completely decoupled from the main plinth. Which would substantially eliminate motor vibration reaching the record. How much of an edge this offer the project over the Rega's platter and arm? Not too sure, would be tough to say without having heard either.

The best advice I can give you is to research both tables. Each table would have a unique sound signature. I think Projects aim more for the neutral and Regas aim for being more rhythmic and driven. You can't go wrong with either, but if you figure out the sound signature you're more likely to find out which one you'd have a greater chance of liking, given your individual tastes. Given the budget a potential buyer has, he would not be likely to go out and buy an expensive mc cart in the 12000 bucks range, more like the 5-8k range, so as far as cart upgrades go I think both would do decent with upgraded carts. Projects really focus all their money on no-nonsense tables, live with them and you realize there are no extra frilly parts around. They deserve their wide spread budget level domination, so tough call buddy :)

Regards
steve

Thanks Stevie, you made things tougher:) Sure, listening to both would be the best bet but where can I do so???:eek: Now for the pricing, the Trump Card deal maker or breaker ;)

Since you're in Bombay, give Sushil Anand of Nova Audio a call, Bandra he should have some Project tt for demo and see if Rega in Pune has something on demo. A Sunday volvo bus ride down to Pune should be nice :)

Back