LP's - The Great Composers and their music

srinisundar

My recent decision to taste the vinyl has made me to Purchase these classical LP collection totaling to 53 no's - The Great Composers and their Music - LP's and Magazines. Bought from UK and shipped thru TNT. Very nice seller from UK made me comfortable by packing the LP's fantastically for safe journey from UK to India. All Lp's are Mint condition and most LP's were never played. Total shipping weight is 18kg including magazines related to the LP's.

Planning to take these to Mr.Rajiv house one day for evaluation and for an small hearing session and expecting to get an TT from Santhosh.:cool:

503The_Great_Composers.jpg

696The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

292The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

727The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

625The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

411The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

605The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

247The_Great_Composers_co.jpg

Posted here too : The Great Composers and their music

Good going Srini. Looking forward to your TT arriving ASAP.
Meantime you can enjoy the LP's on Rajiv's deadly Linn LP12 /LyritaTube Amps/Altec Horns combo! Just mindblowing :licklips:

Enjoy!

It seems Kollywood, Bollywood or Hollywood is likely to get a new music maestro, sooner or later, and the best of it, that he is from Chennai :)

Regards
Gopinath J

Good going Srini. Looking forward to your TT arriving ASAP.
Meantime you can enjoy the LP's on Rajiv's deadly Linn LP12 /LyritaTube Amps/Altec Horns combo! Just mindblowing :licklips:

Enjoy!

Yes, no rival for that system that as such..:)

It seems Kollywood, Bollywood or Hollywood is likely to get a new music maestro, sooner or later, and the best of it, that he is from Chennai :)

Regards
Gopinath J

Enna gopinath.. I think you are not enough done with your office collegues today, so :p

Rajiv
Nice to know you have an LP12... You have it with external power supply? Which one?

Srinisundar, that seems quite a swell haul. Congratulations.

Hi srini,

Congrats on your purchase, and I am also open for any help that you may require in respect of Vinyl, of course with my limited knowledge.

N.Murali

srinisundar

Great collection! I would love to listen to the Debussy, Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Orff records on a good set up!

Rajiv
Nice to know you have an LP12... You have it with external power supply? Which one?

Srinisundar, that seems quite a swell haul. Congratulations.

Thanks....

Here in chennai members like Rajiv and Murali seems to have good number of collection suiting my taste, so can borrow them too + have good knowledge in-case i land up with any problem.

Srini anna, which TT are you getting?

Santhosh has promised to give me one, so no idea which he is going to part with..

Hi srini,

Congrats on your purchase, and I am also open for any help that you may require in respect of Vinyl, of course with my limited knowledge.

N.Murali

Sure sir you do have wide knowledge i know, love to hear the old classical and illayaraja of your collection in Thiel.

srinisundar

Great collection! I would love to listen to the Debussy, Stravinsky, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Orff records on a good set up!

Thanks Ajay,

I can tell your listing of classical collection is my reference to enter into this segment. I started hearing few by downloading in net and few collection thru our forum member mohdnasser and thought of entering TT in this way. So this package was bought on inspiration and reference from you.

WoW amazing haul Srini. If you dont mind can I know where you sourced this from in the UK? Was it online or you were there in person?

You are most invited to drop into my place if you want to listen to those LPs before you get your own turntable. We can listen over a drink on a weekend.

B Rgds,
Raj.

Hi,

Rajiv

I use the Vallhalla power supply.For a short while I tried a DIY Naim Armegeddon,but prefered the sound with the Vallhalla. Never did try the Lingo. I think Viren uses a Lingo power supply.

Srini that is a nice haul of classical LP's:clapping:

Drop by next weekend . Give me a call . Lets see if Thad is also free ,he too wanted to listen to a vinyl rig.

Regards
Rajiv

WoW amazing haul Srini. If you dont mind can I know where you sourced this from in the UK? Was it online or you were there in person?

You are most invited to drop into my place if you want to listen to those LPs before you get your own turntable. We can listen over a drink on a weekend.

B Rgds,
Raj.

Thanks for your offer and love to drop in sometime. We will fix an convenient time.

I got it thru ebay.uk There is another set of almost same LP's( + extra 10's)on ebay with starting price of GBP19.99.. But he prefers collection and want to do local shipping. You have to convince him for abroad shipping. Mind it will be 20kgs with book( book alone 10kg)

But if you want to take it from me for hearing you are most welcome.

Regards

Hi,

Srini that is a nice haul of classical LP's:clapping:

Drop by next weekend . Give me a call . Lets see if Thad is also free ,he too wanted to listen to a vinyl rig.

Regards
Rajiv

Thanks Sir,

Mohdnasser also want to join along with his bookshelf, let us see how it goes.

Hi,

Mohdnasser also want to join along with his bookshelf, let us see how it goes.

That will be great. It is several years since I heard the LS3/5A speakers. Would love to listen to them again.

I will hook his Spendor LS3/5A to the Quad II. Quad II+LS3/5A is a classic pairing.

Regards
Rajiv

Santhosh has promised to give me one, so no idea which he is going to part with..
Hi Srini,
Welcome to the analogue world buddy and you are off to a great start with these "Deutsche Grammaphon" and other good recordings. I have two DG records - Beethoven Symphony 5 & Gustav Holst's Planets, fantastic pieces of works.

The TT that I was thinking of giving you is a JVC JLA-1 (belt drive). It was given to me by my neighbour and friend, and I have restored it - cleaning, new belt, oiling etc. Needs a new cart, buy something that you can use with your next TT upgrade too.
Link: JVC JL-A1 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

If it were a few days later, I would have given you the Pioneer PL-15 ;).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back