Lyrita Audio's New Amity Speaker

was @lyrita yesterday l8 evening. the spkrs hav undergone a cosmetic design upgrade and now look stunning.

did not hav a decent camera or i'd hav posted pix.

they look so good. I am undecided between amity and harmony, but one of those shall be in my home some time soon.

Viren - the new Amities look lovely! What do you call the veneer that is pictured in the photograph? It looks lush, warm and appealing.

Hi,

Viren, Surely this looks fabulous :) !! Very very elegant and rich,I also would like to know whats the name of that finish (also what material) !

On a side note I see that at the back volume is more,is it so or its just the side for the looks ?? the step is what Am referring to at the sides,is it just the sides or infact the boxes have been made that way ?

Also kindly do let us know how is the sound of this new one compared to the old !!

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards.

Nice looks this finish is certainly more elegant than the earlier one. But I think you should try giving it nice curves at the back rather than make it look like a speech podium box married to a open baffle ... just an idea, don't mean it in a negative way at all ... :)

Cheers

vol required for large 12" is high. it looked quite bloated earlier, but with this new look, the speaker cabinet has same volume, but looks much slimmer.

It's all to do with proportions. When you get them right, the result is very appealing visually. It's difficult to show that in two dimensional photographs. The speakers don't look that large, really.

The cabinet volumes haven't changed, just the looks. The drivers have broken in, giving a smoother sound. Some crossover adjustments have also given better integration between the drivers.

The veneer shown is red cedar, with a linseed oil slightly glossy finish. Has that nice "warm wood" feel to it.

Viren

Viren, I still remember the day, when you had shared your plan to transform Amity to its new reform. Thanks to Mr. Mukherjee for his architecture and product design acumen. It came out much better than the sketch you had shown to me. I feel tempted to have a listen to these beauties pairing with my Leben. But... no I will take a call once I purchase my CDP.

had a query .. do these speakers perform well with integrated amps like denon ? or do they require low powered amps only ?

Hi maniac 2004,

There should be no problem playing the Amity's with your Denon amp.

It's best for you to try the combination though. If you're in Delhi, just bring your amp over, and we'll hook it up to the Amity's.

Regards,
Viren

Hi Viren,

what is the power handling bandwidth of Amity speakers,i have 200w @8ohm Rotel power amp.

Regards
sanj

Hi Viren,

what is the power handling bandwidth of Amity speakers,i have 200w @8ohm Rotel power amp.

Regards
sanj

Amity's being high sensitivity speakers pair well Lyrita SET amps or some other low powered amps.

The tech specs on the site say its power handling is 50 watts

Hi,

Those specifications don't really explain anything. Your amp will be coasting along at, say, 10 watts output giving sound levels from the Lyrita Amity's to satisfy anyone. The extra power will be held in reserve for peaks in music.

Regards,
Viren

@viren - isn't there a gap there. When an amp publishes 200w as its power and when someone sees the speaker rating as 50w, an inexperienced soul would assume it wont match and probably skip these.
Please educate us with your valuable knowledge - So is the 200w only for peaks and that too when the volume is turned max? SO what does one infer from this 200w - that the amp can deliver high currents?

Virenbhai, Congratulations!!
Coming from you, the speaker would truly be a great oe!!!

higher powered amp is not going to damage your speakers, but a lowered powered solid state amp may. Sounds strange, but true. A lower powered amp can clip, and send out DC to speakers.
This may not apply to valve amps but Viren can answer this better.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back