Lyrita Audio's New Amity Speaker

Hi,

Those specifications don't really explain anything. Your amp will be coasting along at, say, 10 watts output giving sound levels from the Lyrita Amity's to satisfy anyone. The extra power will be held in reserve for peaks in music.

Regards,
Viren
Hi Viren ji,

can you explain me if i can use my amp with Amity speakers.

Thanks & Regards

sanj

Hello sanj,

Yes, you can use your amp with the Lyrita Amity speakers.

There is a lot of misinformation about power ratings, and of matching components based on these ratings. What the user is, or should be, concerned with is how the combination sounds, and how loud it can play without distortion.

This is where speaker sensitivity comes in. To play at the same loudness levels, a speaker with a lower sensitivity of 3dB requires double the amplifier power. For a lower speaker sensitivity of 9dB (which is the difference between the Amity's and common bookshelf speakers), requires 8 times the amplfier power.

That is why the Amity's play happily with a 3-watt amplifier. All you have to do with your 200-watt amplifier, is run it at a similar power level. Just turn up the volume control a little. Of course, you can play them louder as long as you don't hear the speakers distort. Then, back off a bit. You'll not get there at the levels you normally listen at.

Regards,
Viren

Thanks @ Viren for your valuable info,want to come to have audition of Amity speakers with my pre/power amp from Meerut some day.

Thanks &Regards
sanj.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back