Lyrita audio's new GM70 SET Amp

A few day's back I received Virenbhai's new GM70 SET Amp and
was simply amazed with the very first note it played.

The SET amp is simply brilliant and the GM70 tubes are truly magical.

I am using these superlatives as I have multiple amplifiers in my system
which i keep on switching. The GM70 SET beats my Bryston BP25 pre and 4bsst power combo and the Mcintosh in terms of musicality.

The GM 70's overall balance is very smooth, the highs and midrange are superb, vocals outstanding and the best part is that the Bass really
goes lower and is well controlled. And mind you, I am driving the Cadence
Amayas which are difficult to drive.

I have heard other Lyrita SETS but to me this one is the best.

I am not very good in describing the GM70 but you must give it a listen.

Virenbhai, a big thanks for this brilliant amp.

Hi,

Thanks for starting a very interesting new thread. It seems to be an outstanding performer which many of us would love to listen to. Viren Bakshi must be an outstanding designer of valve amps / pre amps. Also speakers.

Have you heard the Cadence Amayas with the Cadence VA1 amp? What are the areas of difference in performance compared with the Lyrita GM70? Is the bass better with the new Lyrita?

Does the GM70 have a phono pre amplifier stage? If so, its a plus point over the VA1.

Regards.

Super setup Sumant...the amps are looking fabulous and am sure they sound like that too....I wanted to know where did you get the speaker stands from as I am also looking for a pair.... Also what is the size of the base on which the speakers are kept?

Great setup ...enjoy your music...

We heard the GM 70 amps at the last meet coupled with the PMC as well as the Tannoy speakers and we are sure that this amp would turn out to be a fantastic piece of equipment at the level it is priced at.

@heliumfight: congrats on the new acquisitions. Looks awesome. And good to know that they sound real good. BTW, those tubes look huge! Are they even bigger than 845s?
Joshua

We heard the GM 70 amps at the last meet coupled with the PMC as well as the Tannoy speakers and we are sure that this amp would turn out to be a fantastic piece of equipment at the level it is priced at.

Can you share how it sounded with Tannoy?Which one, V1?

@heliumfight: congrats on the new acquisitions. Looks awesome. And good to know that they sound real good. BTW, those tubes look huge! Are they even bigger than 845s?
Joshua

They are massive! The GM70 tubes are thicker in width than the 845. They have an their top head shaven like the military men, just look mean as the dobberman. The heat emanciated is enormous and will make the Delhi withers warmer.:rolleyes: and the sound is totally radical!:)

Super setup Sumant...the amps are looking fabulous and am sure they sound like that too....I wanted to know where did you get the speaker stands from as I am also looking for a pair.... Also what is the size of the base on which the speakers are kept?

Great setup ...enjoy your music...

Thanks for your kind words. These are Lyrita's stands. I have filled sand in them. I will measure it tomorrow and give you the information or else you can ask Virenji and he will guide you in the right direction.

BTW you have me hooked to Smooth Jazz Cd's you've given me- PeterWhite, Paul hardcastle, Larry Carlton, Elan Hewitt, Chirs Botti.

Now it's my turn to reward you, Come over;)

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET GM70 + PMC TB2/ Vintage highly modified B&W DM4 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

Can you share how it sounded with Tannoy?Which one, V1?

Even I would love to know that, as I was unavailable in the meet. If someone could enlighten all the combinations with GM70, PMC and SS (just for sake).

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET GM70 + PMC TB2/ Vintage highly modified B&W DM4 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

Yes dillihifi, if we can come out of the brand game, we all will be well rewarded, and what can be better than a product from our own Indian stable.

I can vouch for this- 100%.

Listen and realize the difference!

--
helium

Yes I also have the VA1 (pure classA) Cadence driving the Amayas besides the Bryston Combo and the solid state Macintosh pre power.

Yes, Virenbhai's GM 70 tube beats the Cadence amp.

The overall balance across the frequency range and the presentation is outstanding.

Eversince I have the GM70 now almoost over a month, I have not gone back to the
other amps. the GM 70 is that good.

Please dont get mis lead by prices.

Expensive gears may not be better. This is want i have learnt over the years.

Yes I also have the VA1 (pure classA) Cadence driving the Amayas besides the Bryston Combo and the solid state Macintosh pre power.

Yes, Virenbhai's GM 70 tube beats the Cadence amp.

The overall balance across the frequency range and the presentation is outstanding.

Eversince I have the GM70 now almoost over a month, I have not gone back to the
other amps. the GM 70 is that good.

Please dont get mis lead by prices.

Expensive gears may not be better. This is want i have learnt over the years.

Hi Dhiman,

Thank you for a very categorical and clear cut endorsement of the GM70 amplifier.

I had been toying with the idea of investing in a VA1 but was not very sure
about it without an audition. I believe Cadence is based in Pune. Does anyone have their address and phone numbers?

A VA1 user mentioned that it doesn't have a phono stage. He said that he had been using his VA1 with Avitas which are 86db sensitive in a 24 x 17 feet room without any problem. He felt that the combo was best suited for jazz and classical. It didn't sound bad with rock but lacked that last degree of bass punch.

You have particularly praised the rendition of bass in your opening post on the GM70. Does it have a phono pre amplifier stage?

Regards.

Hi sumant fully agree with you, well I am an out and out Viren fan since 2005 when I first met him. Well in the meantime he has introduced several new components which will beat several components more than twice/thrice the price it retails for.

Last edited:
You have particularly praised the rendition of bass in your opening post on the GM70. Does it have a phono pre amplifier stage?

Regards.

Miroflex,

It won't have a phono section. But Viren makes a very good phono amp. You can check it out. Where are you located? If Bangalore, you're most welcome over! I've got Viren's 2A3 amp and his phono, along with the single driver speakers. A few other people have his phono too. I prefer Viren's 2A3 amp over the Cadence VA1. Viren's amp's far more musical to my ears. I was in your place years back. But I prefer the 2A3 amp with 45 tubes though. And in fact there's another convert to the 45 tube in Bangalore today. Just spent a good morning at his place rolling some tubes...

Regards

Miroflex,

It won't have a phono section. But Viren makes a very good phono amp. You can check it out. Where are you located? If Bangalore, you're most welcome over! I've got Viren's 2A3 amp and his phono, along with the single driver speakers. A few other people have his phono too. I prefer Viren's 2A3 amp over the Cadence VA1. Viren's amp's far more musical to my ears. I was in your place years back. But I prefer the 2A3 amp with 45 tubes though. And in fact there's another convert to the 45 tube in Bangalore today. Just spent a good morning at his place rolling some tubes...

Regards

Hi Stevieboy,

Thank you for a very informative and welcoming post. I am in Allahabad but had been toying with the idea of gatecrashing the Bangalore meet which was a resounding success by all accounts. I wish I could have been there to meet everyone present and listen to the fabulous equipment showcased.

I have warm memories of listening to valve equipped radiograms in my childhood. My cousins had assembled a system with a Garrard record changer, a Siemens amplifier and I forget which speakers in the 1960s. They were all great Beatles fans, who were then at the top of the pop charts. The lyrics were beyond me but the sound quality and power were overwhelming. I have not bought any valve based amplifier, except for a few valve radios that I have collected, but am testing the waters.

Cadence speakers are reputed to be difficult to partner except with Cadence amplifiers and I am glad that the new Lyrita has broken the myth. May it go from success to success! I will try to audition it when I am in Delhi next.

Thank you once again for your cordial invitation to Bangalore. I will certainly drop in and meet you and your system when I am there.

With warm personal regards.

Hi Dhiman,

Thank you for a very categorical and clear cut endorsement of the GM70 amplifier.

about it without an audition. I believe Cadence is based in Pune. Does anyone have their address and phone numbers?

this is in Mundwa (72-76, near Bharat Forge), 26813085.

A VA1 user mentioned that it doesn't have a phono stage. He said that he had been using his VA1 with Avitas which are 86db sensitive in a 24 x 17 feet room without any problem. He felt that the combo was best suited for jazz and classical. It didn't sound bad with rock but lacked that last degree of bass punch.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Dhiman,

Regards.

Doesn not have a phono but I am sure Virenbhai can help
you on this.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back