Lyrita audio's new GM70 SET Amp

Hi Stevieboy,

Thank you for a very informative and welcoming post. I am in Allahabad but had been toying with the idea of gatecrashing the Bangalore meet which was a resounding success by all accounts. I wish I could have been there to meet everyone present and listen to the fabulous equipment showcased.

I have warm memories of listening to valve equipped radiograms in my childhood. My cousins had assembled a system with a Garrard record changer, a Siemens amplifier and I forget which speakers in the 1960s. They were all great Beatles fans, who were then at the top of the pop charts. The lyrics were beyond me but the sound quality and power were overwhelming. I have not bought any valve based amplifier, except for a few valve radios that I have collected, but am testing the waters.

Cadence speakers are reputed to be difficult to partner except with Cadence amplifiers and I am glad that the new Lyrita has broken the myth. May it go from success to success! I will try to audition it when I am in Delhi next.

Thank you once again for your cordial invitation to Bangalore. I will certainly drop in and meet you and your system when I am there.

With warm personal regards.

Micro when in Delhi you could also listen to my setup also, that would give you a fair idea with PMC

--
helium
SB Classic> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 > Lyrita SET GM70 + PMC TB2/ Vintage highly modified B&W DM4 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

Micro when in Delhi you could also listen to my setup also, that would give you a fair idea with PMC

--
helium
SB Classic> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 > Lyrita SET GM70 + PMC TB2/ Vintage highly modified B&W DM4 > Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

Thanks for the kind invitation Heliumflight. Your system seems very carefully put together. I will certainly avail of the chance of listening to it. I've sent you a PM.

Regards and thanks

Hi Stevie,

My name is Vamshi. My office is in Vasanthnagar. Where in Bangalore are you located? I would like to come and see the Lyrita Audio Tube Amp you have, if it's alright with you.

regards
Vamshi

Hi Vamshi,

Most welcome over. But will have to be in the new year. Will be tied up till then.

Regards

Hi Vamshi,

Most welcome over. But will have to be in the new year. Will be tied up till then.

Regards

Stevieboy,
I'd like to hear a Lyrita tube amp too, when you can spare the time...I am in Indiranagar. Just PM me whenever you have a moment to exchange contact details. Thanks.

Hi Stevieboy, kindly excuse me barging into this, could you please count me in for an audition.
Regards,

Hey...not for another two weeks!...I'm not around ;)

Me and stevieboy have been planning it for weeks now...but it seems to be super jinxed

Lol sure thing guys. Will let you know in Jan first week when we can meet up. If you'll are lucky you'll might be to listen to a decca cartridge also.

Arj, I don't think youve heard the garrard have you?

Regards

Good. Then you can hear the 301 and see how it sounds compared to the lenco. Although the famous three idlers in my view are superb with their own characteristic sound.

Regards

Yes that's waiting too. I did open it up recently. Seems there's no bearing for the platter at all! There was just a rod and a circular bit like a mini doughnut on top and the platter was resting on this circular bit. Will take pics and post on my dual thread.

Regards

Stevie, thats quite a party in your set up right now! Lenco, Dual, Garrard and I guess you still have your Project?

Hi iaudio,

No lenco! Just the garrard. Yes still have the project. That's a keeper too.

Regards

Slightly OT- but does anyone have pics of the Lyrita interconnects/speaker cables that have also been discussed on this thread?

Yes- wanted to know what the components are- i.e. what gauge wire, what termination (WBT, Eichmann etc.) and so on. Thought pics would be the quickest way to find out, but if you have the info, that would be useful too:)!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back