M35i Vs Q1050i or simply the M34i

trapdoor

Dear all,

For guy owning a current sat - sub combination and with a room size about 350 sq ft ans with an AVR having about 65W RMS@8 ohm stereo set up.. please advise :-

a. Whether FS is the only way out for good sound ?
b. Any large BS that can be considered especially since i have kids at home ( wall mounting will be better )
c. The Mission M35i costs about 31K, the M34i costs about 19k and the Q1050i about 36k in Mumbai.. for a guy having a subwoofer, it is necessary to go on for a large speaker like the M35i ? what are the advantages ? cannot leave loo much room at the back of the speaker for the rear port considering the depth of the M35i.

I do have plans to go for a stereo amp which would be linked up to my AVR and speakers via a selector switch in about 1 years time..

:confused:

many thanks for your responses in advance..

trapdoor

personally i would recommend the Q1050i over your other 2 choices for any situation
however price is a factor

if you have children in the house please know that having bookshelf speakers on stands is not easy to manage especially in small houses where your childern have easy access to your equip
in these cases i really recommend floorstanders just for the reason they are difficult to topple and hence safer

another option of course is wall mounting the bookshlef speakers
if you are ok with wall mounting its the safest bet with children

Remeber some sacrifices need to be made .i have made them myself

dont find too many front ported wall mountable speakers around in the market.. that too which would run well with my HK AVR.

Not too sure if :-

Dali Lektor 1
Dali Lektor 2
Usher S 520
MA BR2

would make it as my room size is 350 sq ft. sometimes i think that BS will be hard pressed to cover the area.

trapdoor

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back