MA Bronze 2 or Q Acoustics 3030i?

Mayank Shah

As the title says, I am having a hard time deciding between Monitor Audio Bronze 2 and Q Acoustics 3030i. Leaving aside the prices, port design, and specs, which of these 2 would be generally better for a wide genre of music? Initially, these would be in a 2 ch setup but will add a sub later. Thanks. Stay safe.

alladinkachirag

I have been using the MA Bronze series, both in Bookshelf (BX2) and Floorstanders BX5 for over 8 years now, and have been very happy with those. In my experience, I have not found anything lacking in any genre of music - I enjoy these a lot. While I was auditioning back in 2012, the only other speaker I liked was ATC SCM11 but which was so much more expensive.
Not sure about the Q Acoustics though. Stay safe.

irv

Enjoy the new speakers. Let us know how it has improved after burn in.What did you upgrade these from?

Nitin K

As the title says, I am having a hard time deciding between Monitor Audio Bronze 2 and Q Acoustics 3030i. Leaving aside the prices, port design, and specs, which of these 2 would be generally better for a wide genre of music? Initially, these would be in a 2 ch setup but will add a sub later. Thanks. Stay safe.

Pls also try to audition Elac Debut Reference 6.2 & Dali Oberon 3 along with the others.

Nitin K

Congrats, that's also a good speaker. Just curious about what you had found lacking in the Dynaudio emit 20.

Last edited:

Mayank Shah

Congrats, that's also a good speaker. Just curious about what you had found lacking in the Dynaudio emit 20.
Nothing at all Nitin. M20 are great speakers per se. Wanted to setup a 2.1 for my kid but my wife wouldn't have anything to do with it. Tried to build a HT around it, but other Dynaudio components are expensive and the 4ohms 86 db wasn't going to cut it for the AVR anyways. I'll buy them again without hesitation if I had to. Got some Monitor Audio In walls for LCR which saved a lot of floor space. Wife is mighty pleased and I got a fully matched MA setup now.

Mayank Shah

Speakers have burnt in nicely. Very impressed with the SQ. Great clarity, separation, heft and weight. Handles all genres wonderfully. Needs a good amp to truly shine. Front port, dual binding posts, great build and finish. Packs quite a punch. Above all....Iron Maiden sounds wonderful. Ticks all my boxes.

Enhance your CD Listening with the versatile and amazing Audiolab 6000CDT Transport.