Making LP cover our self

Selvin

Many times we are finding our favorites albums without good cover and worrying to preserve them. Buying few covers is difficult and price also seems high. This thread is how to make LP cover our self. This is purely based on my experience and may be useful.

1. Buy 28 x 22 inch size standard chart paper. The chart paper usually one side has smooth surface and other side is coarse. Do all making in coarse surface.
2. Mark and cut a 630 x 340 mm size rectangle sheet from the standard chart paper.

3. In the sheet, both long sides mark a line which are 16mm from side edge. (Fig-A)
4. Just fold the sheet in the middle in such a way the smooth surface comes on outer side.(Fig-B)
5. Open the fold and just cut along both sides 16mm width marked lines up to the folding point. (Fig-C)
6. Do a tapper cut on the other side edges as shown in Fig-D (circled).

7. Just fold inwards along the line on the uncut side with help of a scale as shown in below fig.
8. Just apply Fevicol on both small folds and flap the other side over Fevicol applied surface.
9. Simply apply light pressure and wait few minutes.

10. The LP cover is now ready to use.
The covers can be made different color as desired and even download album pictures, print and paste.
The unused cut sheet can use for making EP covers and other damaged album art cover repair. Refer few of my repair work.

This is very simple and even our kids can help us. Last summer holiday I bought 20 sheets and my son done some excellent finish covers for me.

Last edited:
I also used to make these type of covers for the those records which are in mint condition but without cover or badly ripped off cover. here some.. kashmir ki kali only had orignal front but no back

2s9yo20.jpg

But now i found these cover

vgkfh3.jpg

its same looking as some original covers and are good quality than chart paper as well so i now i make them like these

10zcu85.jpg
291yxj7.jpg

Only If i had A3+ format printer i can take full size prints.

Last edited:
^^Where did you found these covers? More information please...

Invitation card makers can make these for Rs 7-10 or even less but then you have order in large quanity you can buy this from the links below they have three types of lp cover.
78 RPM Columbia Cover () vinyl lp record

To making these type of cover the hectic work is to find the very clear picture of actual LP cover both front and back ( though finding front is competitively much easier) and make them more clear and print efficient with Photoshop. if anybody making these type of cover and request other members for the original cover picture i request you to please share here the pictures for other also.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back