manu4panjab

vinay

Dear Manu,

I had to start this new thread because your other thread got locked.

I think you trying to sell the product which you have got for free may not be a good idea.

V.

Vinay, Personally I dont mind Manu trying to sell something he got for free. You should see what all people sell on certain other forums!
Also he has paid 11k INR as customs duty.

But if the product is defective and its history is not explicitly mentioned before the sale, that is not right.
Backing out of a confirmed deal also is not something we expect. At the least, the buyer should have been informed!
I dont know what happened in between, but I do see the Banned tag beneath Manu's user id.

Actually what happens is under the unique circumstances for which he got free does not make a good idea to sell the item while true in other forums for what all they sell, i think we need to pick the correct values in life as far as he paid the customs duty, he can sell the product for the duty amount.

Indeed backing of the deal is not a good idea by any standards, as far as the ban goes i think the punishment should have been lighter after all he is a good member many a times.

V.

In such a situation what i would do is either i return the product or i would sell to the highest bidder and donate the proceeds because i feel that i have no right to keep such money with me, this way i would be a better human being and the seller in abroad will respect our citizens more.

If the seller in abroad continues with such generosity then the time is just around the corner when they will have floods of complains as they will expect a fresh piece for free.

V.

In such a situation what i would do is either i return the product or i would sell to the highest bidder and donate the proceeds because i feel that i have no right to keep such money with me, this way i would be a better human being and the seller in abroad will respect our citizens more.

Actually that was the intention, and that is the reason Manu thought of an auction. But of course, we were not aware that he had already committed to a buyer, nor were we aware that he was trying to sell a defective unit.

Cheers

Actually that was the intention, and that is the reason Manu thought of an auction. But of course, we were not aware that he had already committed to a buyer, nor were we aware that he was trying to sell a defective unit.

Cheers

or not a defective unit.. and he was just trying to see how far emo would stretch.

i would normally be unsympathetic, but in this case manu has got cornered from both sides.. where he thought he'd get a win-win.. it's now become a lose - lose..

emo thinks both units are fine and now refuses him support / access to online; hfv thinks units are bad and he has impaired credibility.

Given manu's somewhat unique spin on the english language and his apparent contradictions, it is impossible to ascertain what the truth on the status of the units is. Given those facts it would take a lot of courage for anyone to buy that set from him; at the price he has quoted. (of course this is moot anyway, since he has send the units back to emotiva?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back