Manual missing from packaging

Roger_123

Good Day,
This is my first post on Hifivision.
I had recently ordered a REL T5X sub from avstore.
The package was sent by Bluedart and was neatly packed. Original cartoon + another cartoon+ bubble wrap + canvas cover.
Upon opening the original REL box, I found the SUB upside down with feet facing up. Also the user manual was missing.
Upon closer inspection, I found the cellophane tape was fixed above the original tape making it hard to believe that's its re-sealed.
I have reported this to the store and they have said that they would update me on it. But no updates since 2 days.
When I pay for a item, I expect to get a sealed box with all items intact.
They sub is working but I do not know why the box was opened and if the product received is a used one if any repair was done on it.
Kindly advise how to go about this situation.

Good Day,
This is my first post on Hifivision.
I had recently ordered a REL T5X sub from avstore.
The package was sent by Bluedart and was neatly packed. Original cartoon + another cartoon+ bubble wrap + canvas cover.
Upon opening the original REL box, I found the SUB upside down with feet facing up. Also the user manual was missing.
Upon closer inspection, I found the cellophane tape was fixed above the original tape making it hard to believe that's its re-sealed.
I have reported this to the store and they have said that they would update me on it. But no updates since 2 days.
When I pay for a item, I expect to get a sealed box with all items intact.
They sub is working but I do not know why the box was opened and if the product received is a used one if any repair was done on it.
Kindly advise how to go about this situation.
The personnel from store got in touch with me today and has told me that the box may have opened by customs.
Since the product is ok. I am accepting the product.

The personnel from store got in touch with me today and has told me that the box may have opened by customs.

Pls don't believe them as the user manual is also missing. Assuming that it is being couriered domestically, then where is the question of customs ? It could be a possibility of opened box too for another customer.
Pls remove a photo of the serial no. too just in case you have to send it back so they don't resend the same sub back to you with the manual.

It's your prerogative in the end whether to return it or not.

Last edited:
Do check with REL if they still give user manuals. Very often these days they might have a QR code or expect a download as well.

Do check with REL if they still give user manuals. Very often these days they might have a QR code or expect a download as well.
I had received a quick start manual from Rel although they don't give the comprehensive one which can be downloaded from the website.
I am assuming this quick start one is missing.

Every Rel sub is opened by the distributor over here as they change the UK plug to an Indian plug, also it's normal for the sub to be upside down, its standard with all Rel subs. Did you remove all the styrofoam from the box? The manual must be hidden underneath it.

Cheers.

My REL sub was shipped upside down; so I guess that’s how the packaging is (I presume it’s easier to turn over the sub on to its feet with this arrangement). It had a quick start guide too; no lengthy user manual booklet.

On another note, when I had bought a pre-amp from a local dealer a few years back, it had an altogether a different user manual for a different amp! I had to write to the distributor with pics and fortunately the unit was replaced (it was a used one, was most likely a demo unit, repackaged several times with old packaging tape marks, but was blatantly shipped as new).

Whatever the reason, I would not accept a package without its official contents - when you have paid in full.

There is a blue Rel tape on the carton which I had received which seals the carton.
Rel themselves advise not to accept if the seal is broken

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_154247.jpg
    IMG_20210412_154247.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210412_154300.jpg
    IMG_20210412_154300.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
There is a blue Rel tape on the carton which I had received which seals the carton.
Rel themselves advise not to accept if the seal is broken
Did you get an India plug with your Rel sub? If so the box must have been opened by the distributor from down to change the plug.
If you got the UK version plug then could be it wasn't opened to change.

Did you get an India plug with your Rel sub? If so the box must have been opened by the distributor from down to change the plug.
If you got the UK version plug then could be it wasn't opened to change.
I think mostly it's a flat pin plug. But I am sure that it was not opened.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back