Marantz Owner Thread...

balzac

Hi All,

I didn't find any exclusive thread for "Marantz" AVR owner. So, thought of starting one where we could discuss about the feature, functionalities, availability, pricing, etc. related to Marantz AVR's.

I hope we all share some useful information and help each other out here.

:) :) :)

Cheers!

Hi,

Good initiative.

I remember a couple of years back there was a thread when I had the NR1402...not sure if it is still there...anyways... it's good we have this one now in place!

I had a bad experience with Marantz sr5008. It was fine for 3 months and started giving trouble. I sent to service center(MZ Audio) couple of times. They said that they replaced all the boards and send back but VB still the problem was there. Transportation was the problem they claim. I fed up with it and after around 6 months I have shown it to local Yamaha service man( Marantz service is not available). Finally he explained me how I was cheated by MZ Audio. They are no connector plugs. All boards are soldered together which is stopping him to sort out the issue.
Seriously this is a big addiction with Marantz sound as I couldn't be happier with other setups such as Yamaha, pioneer,onkyo,nad and even Denon.
I can't give up this AVR nor dare again to purchase one more

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Didn't you approach the dealer from whom you bought if it's under warranty ?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I had a bad experience with Marantz sr5008. It was fine for 3 months and started giving trouble. I sent to service center(MZ Audio) couple of times. They said that they replaced all the boards and send back but VB still the problem was there. Transportation was the problem they claim. I fed up with it and after around 6 months I have shown it to local Yamaha service man( Marantz service is not available). Finally he explained me how I was cheated by MZ Audio. They are no connector plugs. All boards are soldered together which is stopping him to sort out the issue.
Seriously this is a big addiction with Marantz sound as I couldn't be happier with other setups such as Yamaha, pioneer,onkyo,nad and even Denon.
I can't give up this AVR nor dare again to purchase one more

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Ohhh. You bought the Marantz AVR from MZ Audio? I too have bought it from them.

Also, one thing which was pretty strange was that they were continuously telling me that "I SHOULD NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO IT and WIFI CONNECTION IS INTERRUPTED THE FIRMWARE WOULD GET CORRUPT".

Is this something which has been experienced by others? Due to this I am avoiding the DTS:X update. :(

Why not upgrade the firmware with a lan connection and then switch back to wifi. There are some products that face issues when interrupted during update process.

I never had any issues updating through WiFi. Warranty period should be utilised by making the dealer responsible for any issues during that time

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Ohhh. You bought the Marantz AVR from MZ Audio? I too have bought it from them.

Also, one thing which was pretty strange was that they were continuously telling me that "I SHOULD NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO IT and WIFI CONNECTION IS INTERRUPTED THE FIRMWARE WOULD GET CORRUPT".

Is this something which has been experienced by others? Due to this I am avoiding the DTS:X update. :(

I was said the same on purchase of 1506.I think its correct.Warranty cannot be claimed when you damage it.Even when u buy other products like fridge...u get T&C's for warranty.

I was said the same on purchase of 1506.I think its correct.Warranty cannot be claimed when you damage it.Even when u buy other products like fridge...u get T&C's for warranty.

That is strange. How is this justifiable? I mean "Upgrade" is something offered by Marantz right? I am just applying the same.

how could this owners problem? Is there an alternate way of upgrading? I mean via a Pen-drive?

My on ongoing problem with marantz aver is in below thread.

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/64579-marantz-1504-pixelled-video-output.html

I am told that tatasky sends reverse power to avr and destroyed HD board ic.

@Ankurjbl: Is your issue resolved now? Did you get any sort of suggestions, how one can avoid any such incident? I there an official service center in Pune for Marantz?

@All other FM's: Should we use Stabilizer and Surge Protector? What precautions one should take?

Hi

Firstly the SR5008 model globally had some bugs in certain units,,,,this is a known issue where you will find countless threads on google.....

MZ Audio are straight forward people and the rest of the HT dealers get the Marantz products from MZ Audio (Dealer rates) which then is purchased by consumers like us. I know AshrafBhai (Owner) quite well.

The SR5008 was built like a delicate darling where boards are placed to close to each other...(Don't forget, I too owned one briefly for a year...eventually sold it).

Set Top box should never be connected to the AVR as the cable line which comes to your house has a tendency to carry electric current and hence frying of the HDMI board and related circuitry.

Currently I have connected the HD Set top box directly to TV and audio out (Optical) from TV to AVR....safer this way.....no issues till date.

Most of the models of Marantz I used so far was purchased without warranty and I sold my older models without any issues. All the ones which I sold are working perfectly fine without any issue till date and the buyers are very happy.

I think its more about checking all factors like electric points, connectors, wires and ensuring that the AVR is treated / handled in the right manner....follow the book...nothing can go wrong.....

Hope this helps....

@efernand1: On a lighter note. Could you share the book details?

My interaction with Ashraf Bhai and Sayeed was good too. It has been a week, lets see what happens ahead?

Thank You for the suggestion for the Set-top Box and TV connection? Please share more such ideas one should apply.

It would be highly appreciated. :)

Cheers!

Hi

Book is the operational manual (lol)

Other checks is the normal checks of surge protector, electric points....I keep my system on a separate spike guard...another one is there for the TV and set top box......

Yes, ideas will flow in.....don't worry....we are all here to guide and help each other....

That is strange. How is this justifiable? I mean "Upgrade" is something offered by Marantz right? I am just applying the same.

how could this owners problem? Is there an alternate way of upgrading? I mean via a Pen-drive?

The fault is the owners.How ?....Your net.

the board will corrupt when your net stop while updating.
I put setup box HDMI in tv & take optical out

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back