Marantz Owner Thread...

Anyone can help with Marantz 5010 calibration ? Not getting desired output

When I calibrated the system with audy, levels were assigned different for FL n FR as well as SL SR and cross overs is 40 for fronts and 60 for surrounds, LFE is set to 90

Now when we say crossover which means below that set it will route to woofer, so when speakers are at 40-60 and LFE is 90 so what exactly outputs through woofer ?

Today was watching Exodus Gods n Kings and in last storm effect did not enjoyed the overall effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Whatever is 90 and below goes to the sub....speakers may be capable of outputting 40 / 60 etc...to enjoy this....go to bass management and select 'LFE+MAIN"

Next if you feel the levels are low, tweak adjust them+1dB and check....

Manually set the EQ......

You will then enjoy the performance.....SR series is a master piece.

Hi

Dyna audio speakers are IEC 150 watts max @ 4 ohms load.

The 6005 is capable of delivering continous 60watts @ 4 ohms...

Don't see any challenge there unless you want to crank up the volume further....
thank you! i will mostly be listening to classics at low volumes, so no issues i guess!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For me too the fronts showed as 40hz but manually I changed sub to 120hz.
When selecting LFE+main both fronts and sub comes active where our lows are overlapping and a booming sound occurs
So to my knowledge keep LFE alone.
My AVR-x3100 denon

TT

When I connect my AVR with my NUC with Windows 10, the screen overshoots. Even after the Intel driver installed, when in full resolution the screen gets cut from all the side. What do I need to do? Is there a fix for this?

Cheers!

Hi Nice to have ownership thread of Marantz .I have thought to start this last month after purchasing pm6005 from HiFi mart.
Very happy with the sound and build quality of Marantz.

Anyone can help with Marantz 5010 calibration ? Not getting desired output

When I calibrated the system with audy, levels were assigned different for FL n FR as well as SL SR and cross overs is 40 for fronts and 60 for surrounds, LFE is set to 90

Now when we say crossover which means below that set it will route to woofer, so when speakers are at 40-60 and LFE is 90 so what exactly outputs through woofer ?

Today was watching Exodus Gods n Kings and in last storm effect did not enjoyed the overall effect

Try setting the crossover of all the speakers to 80, LFE to 120 and tweak from there. For now dont bother about the levels. If it is still not to your taste, run audyssey again, disconnect all other electronics from the power point. When i had my videocon hd set top box on, audyssey was not getting the sub distance right. After running audyssey set all speakers to small if you have a sub

Hi

Best settings are LFE + Main...you will need to tweak the frequencies till you get the right blend.....some little overlap ensures that no frequencies are missed out....

Best music to do this setting is something instrumental..or .."Hotel California" "Money for Nothing" "Summer of 69" etc.....

Then check movies performance (action scenes from Fast & Furious, Die Hard, Transformers, 2012 etc.)

Accordingly you will find the bliss match and save those settings....

Hi All,

How do I Upscale a 1080p/720p movie using NR1606? Actually, I want remove the black strip from each of the movie?

I didn't find much in the manual.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

I am back to music with my new pm6005 and feeling like kinda blessed with Marantz sound with wharf's. What a bliss....
Since my sr5008 is under service I paired these with Norge 1000. Wharf's are back to life.

I am back to music with my new pm6005 and feeling like kinda blessed with Marantz sound with wharf's. What a bliss....
Since my sr5008 is under service I paired these with Norge 1000. Wharf's are back to life.
So can you say that Marantz signature significantly improves from SR series to stereo receiver for music listening?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Yes I can feel it and the loudness in stereo is pure direct in SR. Again this is my initial impression with pinch of salt as I am away from Marantz taste for a brief period.
So SR 5008 will be ready by next month hopefully.
But I definitely sense the difference and it is better for sure

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

How do I Upscale a 1080p/720p movie using NR1606? Actually, I want remove the black strip from each of the movie?

I didn't find much in the manual.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Can anyone help me in this? A little direction would also help to understand it.

Also, how do I do the calibration to get the best performance out of BA and Marantz combo?

:)

Can anyone help me in this? A little direction would also help to understand it.

Also, how do I do the calibration to get the best performance out of BA and Marantz combo?

:)

Upscaling does not change the aspect ratio
The reason you get black bars in movies is because they were shot to be displayed on a 2.2:1 ratio screen
A typical TV has a 1.78 ration screen which is why the black bands on the top
The only way to remove the bands is through overscan which will crop out the video edges (which is not something you want)

Hi

I managed to arrange a deal with one of my sources for Stereo amp Marantz PM 7005 series....

Obviously includes official warranty and shipping to anywhere in India....rate is much much less than what we see from online sources.....

PM me for further details......

I'm getting sr5010 at ?87000. Is it a good deal? Actually after my previous AVR 5007 troubled me twice, once with HDMI board issue and recently with audio issues. I am quite apprehensive about Marantz. After going through experiences of many FMs It seems Marantz receivers are quite unstable, especially Sr 5007 series. I have sent my sr5007 for repairs. I will probably keep that as back up AVR or ask dealer to sell it in my behalf after repairing. So what you guys suggest about this offer? Is ?87000 good deal for sr5010?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

The rate sounds good, check if manufacturer warranty is covered. I am sure there could be other places where it could be purchased within the 80 segment.

I'm getting sr5010 at ?87000. Is it a good deal? Actually after my previous AVR 5007 troubled me twice, once with HDMI board issue and recently with audio issues. I am quite apprehensive about Marantz. After going through experiences of many FMs It seems Marantz receivers are quite unstable, especially Sr 5007 series. I have sent my sr5007 for repairs. I will probably keep that as back up AVR or ask dealer to sell it in my behalf after repairing. So what you guys suggest about this offer? Is ?87000 good deal for sr5010?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Price 87k for SR5010 is pretty high, you should get it around 65-68k with bill n warranty in Mumbai.

Recently the prices for Marantz prices are touching the sky. How is it possible that they made the prices more than double.
For instance I purchased sr5008 in nov2014 at 56700/- before that month it was 54xxx and December it was 68xxx and every two months they are hiking now just for software upgrade which made it as SR5010 they are selling at 92xxx.
And the sr700X series 1.5 years back was near to One lack now it is two lacks. But I don't see much difference in rupee value and

QUITE FRUSTRATING THING IS U.S PRICES ARE SAME FOR PAST TWO YEARS BUT HERE

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back