Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi,

Price 87k for SR5010 is pretty high, you should get it around 65-68k with bill n warranty in Mumbai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a deal from a seller from Mumbai. He is offering me SR 5011 at 88K. It seems SR 5010 is discontinued now. Another dealer is ready to give at 79K, shipping excluding. Kolkata dealer is asking 90K for SR 5011. Its very confusing. I don't know how to decide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a deal from a seller from Mumbai. He is offering me SR 5011 at 88K. It seems SR 5010 is discontinued now. Another dealer is ready to give at 79K, shipping excluding. Kolkata dealer is asking 90K for SR 5011. Its very confusing. I don't know how to decide.

Hi..

Frankly there is no much difference between 5010 and 5011 except the dac and wifi which supports 5ghz, rest all specs are same it's as good as Apple vs apple

You can check at mz audio bandra who are importers of Marantz or Alfa or fairdeal and you should get 5010 and should be able to save good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I checked the specs. There's not much of difference between the two. But since I'm getting both at almost same price from Kolkata dealer and also sr 5010 is being discontinued, so I'm going with sr 5011. Just getting tempted at Mumbai dealer's offer who's giving at much lesser price. The difference is about 15k.

And the sr700X series 1.5 years back was near to One lack now it is two lacks. But I don't see much difference in rupee value and

Yes.. You are right.. Think 7008 was retailing around 1 Lac 2 yrs back.. Rest is history :lol:

QUITE FRUSTRATING THING IS U.S PRICES ARE SAME FOR PAST TWO YEARS BUT HERE

The superseding models are always launched in US & Europe for almost the same price (or) little more price..

An other thing is, when a newer model is launched, the older model is heavily discounted.. You never see that happen in India :eek:hyeah:

Have owned a sr5007 for the past 3 years and never stepped into a commercial theater after that. Had to get the right channel amp looked into by MZ audio once. The best part about Marantz AVRs is the pre out option by virtue of which you can keep adding power amps in case you get the urge to upgrade. For stereo listening there is no match for a dedicated stereo amp though. Last night tried the upscaling option in the AVR to upscale a BR rip of saving private Ryan to 4k. The results on my PhiLips 4k TV were phenomenal - could almost see every grain of sand.

Yes.. You are right.. Think 7008 was retailing around 1 Lac 2 yrs back.. Rest is history [emoji38]

The superseding models are always launched in US & Europe for almost the same price (or) little more price..

An other thing is, when a newer model is launched, the older model is heavily discounted.. You never see that happen in India :eek:hyeah:
Here distributors are gambling with customers. It seems good business compare to IT where value of the product is almost 4 times the manufacturing. But here no manufacturing but getting huge lump sum. Need to do something about though. [emoji35]

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Here distributors are gambling with customers. It seems good business compare to IT where value of the product is almost 4 times the manufacturing. But here no manufacturing but getting huge lump sum. Need to do something about though. [emoji35]

Don't know what exactly the reason is.. Most of the time it is blamed on US dollar price, then import duties and then VAT and then dealer margin & pricing.. Too many variables...

Anyways, there is always a solution, better competitor products..

Have owned a sr5007 for the past 3 years and never stepped into a commercial theater after that. Had to get the right channel amp looked into by MZ audio once. The best part about Marantz AVRs is the pre out option by virtue of which you can keep adding power amps in case you get the urge to upgrade. For stereo listening there is no match for a dedicated stereo amp though. Last night tried the upscaling option in the AVR to upscale a BR rip of saving private Ryan to 4k. The results on my PhiLips 4k TV were phenomenal - could almost see every grain of sand.

How did you upscale this? Could you share some details?
Marantz NR1606 also has upscaling option, but I am not able to find the option for it?

@Other FM Member's: Have you tried upscaling with Marantz NR1606? The max resolution I am getting is 1080p.

Cheers!

The best part about Marantz AVRs is the pre out option by virtue of which you can keep adding power amps in case you get the urge to upgrade. For stereo listening there is no match for a dedicated stereo amp though. Last night tried the upscaling option in the AVR to upscale a BR rip of saving private Ryan to 4k. The results on my PhiLips 4k TV were phenomenal - could almost see every grain of sand.[/QUOTE said:
How do you add power amps and upscale BR rip movies? could you please shade some light on it?

The SR5007 has options called pre outs at the back for all channels. This is where your subwoofer connection is located. So if you have a power amp just connect the speakers such as FL and FR to the power amp and the power amp to the AVR using RCA cables. Hope this helps.

For upscaling go to the AVR settings- output settings- hdmi- I/p scaler and select the resolution of your display. It will give you options like 480, 720, 1080p, 4k etc.

Note - keeping the scarler ON generally leaves the AVR run hot. Generally people keep it off and let the TV do it's duty.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Hi

SR models like xxx6, xxx7 and xxx8 should be avoided if being sold by a dealer unless its a too good to be true deal.

The latest SR series models to be considered are xxx9, xx10 and xx11.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back