Marantz Owner Thread...

Have anyone tried comparing onboard DAC of Marantz SR series with any dedicated DAC? If so please rate them where they are standing at?
I tried my sr5008 with USB straight with and meridian explorer. I felt meridian explorer is very detailed but lacking sound stage.
How about others?

Congrats on your purchase.
Keep enough breathing space around it if you are running floor stands with it for proper heat dissipation.
It's DAC is very good for listening in pure direct stereo listening.

Have a blast for this Diwali with tons of music

Congrats on your purchase.
Keep enough breathing space around it if you are running floor stands with it for proper heat dissipation.
It's DAC is very good for listening in pure direct stereo listening.

Have a blast for this Diwali with tons of music

Thanks a lot. I have about 10cm space on the sides and more than 15cm on top. Hope that should be enough. Yeah it will drive FS Q Acoustic 2050i. I'm planning to put laptop cooler fan on top of AVR. Has anyone done this? I have not tested yet. I will test it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot. I have about 10cm space on the sides and more than 15cm on top. Hope that should be enough. Yeah it will drive FS Q Acoustic 2050i. I'm planning to put laptop cooler fan on top of AVR. Has anyone done this? I have not tested yet. I will test it tomorrow.

I have done that but I fear it may force some dust inside the cabinet.
Best solution is try to keep it on the top of the table if possible.
Let me know how much volume you put on the scale of -78db to +20db for usual listening to music(direct mode) through USB. I used to put -20 db to -18 db for regular listening and on-16 db for loud and many times I don't need to run the sub, wharf's will take care of it (giving enough bass ).
It many depends on source also.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

I have done that but I fear it may force some dust inside the cabinet.
Best solution is try to keep it on the top of the table if possible.
Let me know how much volume you put on the scale of -78db to +20db for usual listening to music(direct mode) through USB. I used to put -20 db to -18 db for regular listening and on-16 db for loud and many times I don't need to run the sub, wharf's will take care of it (giving enough bass ).
It many depends on source also.

What about keeping laptop cooler upside down? I mean keeping exhaust facing upwards. This will work as exhaust n pull out hot air.

What about keeping laptop cooler upside down? I mean keeping exhaust facing upwards. This will work as exhaust n pull out hot air.

It wasn't much effective that way. Even if you do think so Logically it draws air from sides to have flow.

It wasn't much effective that way. Even if you do think so Logically it draws air from sides to have flow.

Yeah that's true. My place, Darjeeling, is relatively cool place. But it gets hotter in summer nowadays. Temperature touches nearly 35 degrees at times. Any other solution to keep it cool? I can't install AC in my HT.

Yeah that's true. My place, Darjeeling, is relatively cool place. But it gets hotter in summer nowadays. Temperature touches nearly 35 degrees at times. Any other solution to keep it cool? I can't install AC in my HT.

Samething I have discussed with Hifimart anil.he is insisting me to install AC. Already my wife is torturing me on spending money on AV equipment. If I say this [emoji15] [emoji15]
Give some break for every half an hour if you are listening at loud volumes but it is not possible [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]
We are addicted...

So can you say that Marantz signature significantly improves from SR series to stereo receiver for music listening?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Past few days i have done some critical listening to my pm6005 with wharf's and felt the that bass was sufficient that iam turning off the sub. I definitely say that it got more muscle than sr5008 in terms of both punch and quality.

Samething I have discussed with Hifimart anil.he is insisting me to install AC. Already my wife is torturing me on spending money on AV equipment. If I say this [emoji15] [emoji15]
Give some break for every half an hour if you are listening at loud volumes but it is not possible [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]
We are addicted...

Its not possible to stop at every half an hour while watching movies. I listen at -16 to -20db volume. Are you using 5011? For how many years or months? I guess this series launched recently and replaced 5010.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is sr5008 using for almost 2 years And for movies it won't be a problem as throughout the movie dynamics won't be there.

Mine is sr5008 using for almost 2 years And for movies it won't be a problem as throughout the movie dynamics won't be there.

I will be using it mostly for movies. I may watch music videos on YouTube at times. I have used SR 5007 for 2 years but didn't have much pleasant experience to share. I had to send it to technician twice. That's the reason I had to buy a new one. Its was not a planned purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even me too and currently it is at service centre. But the first 6 months was superb experience.
I have shared these details earlier in my threads. I came to know that from sr5008 all are upgradation. Any how mine is a small problem which is happening constantly that's why I turned to pm6005. It's pleasant experience as of now.

Even me too and currently it is at service centre. But the first 6 months was superb experience.
I have shared these details earlier in my threads. I came to know that from sr5008 all are upgradation. Any how mine is a small problem which is happening constantly that's why I turned to pm6005. It's pleasant experience as of now.

What kind of trouble did your sr 5008 give you? I understand you are using PM 6005 now but as far I know pm 6005 is a stereo amp. How you using it as surround amp for watching movies?

Hi All,

What one has to ensure in the settings to get the best output for the combination of :
Marantz NR1606 and Boston Acoustics A26.

Most of time I notice that I end up changing the volume based on the content; is there some sort of automatic volume adjuster which is there?

Cheers! :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back