Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi Rajeevkale,

If you are looking out for pre outs then SR series from Marantz would be your answer. SR6011 or SR7011 will do (depends on budget).

For speakers, would suggest to audition and decide.....look at Jamos (C series), Wharfedales, Taga, PSB, Focal, BIC America, B&Ws, Morel, Pioneer (AJ series) etc, these brands blend well with Marantz....

Got my new receiver Marantz 5011 last week, replaced Denon x1100. Both do sound similar but Marantz outperforms the model i had. I observed sound effects with audyssey settings on both receivers and found that there was difference.
With Denon there was marginal difference with Audyssey ON vs Manual settings. With Audyssey ON Denon x1100 sounded great but with Manual settings found little dull.
With Marantz i dont see much difference with Audyssey On vs Manual settings, both way sound effects are amazing. Overall very happy with Marantz 5011.

Tried various brands - Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon etc. Now a happy confirmed long term Marantz user.

Currently on the lookout for a reference series Marantz Stereo Amp.

Hi Friends,

Since this is a Marantz owners thread, I would like to get your opinion on Marantz slim series of AVRs like NR 1606. Are they powerful enough for driving HT with towers as front channels? Please give your experience as I am looking forward to purchasing Marantz NR 1606. As its for a HT set up, usage will be 80% for movies.

Hi Friends,

Since this is a Marantz owners thread, I would like to get your opinion on Marantz slim series of AVRs like NR 1606. Are they powerful enough for driving HT with towers as front channels? Please give your experience as I am looking forward to purchasing Marantz NR 1606. As its for a HT set up, usage will be 80% for movies.

I have NR1606 coupled with Boston Acoustics A26 Bookshelf Speakers. It works like a charm.

Also, when I was auditioning for AVR's I heard NR1606 with Taga & Mission (I don't remember the series name). Both of them worked great. So it should definitely drive FS speakers.

Cheers!

Hi Friends,

Yes it's more than enough for sane volumes at home for personal listening. Don't try cranking it up to 100% volume for a house party. Speakers rated at 8ohms and over 88db should thrive well.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

hello everyone!

new entrant here to the club. :)

recently got an NR1606. have to ask about a couple of issues to you gents here.

1. to test the setup (currently have only a pair of front FS; rest will arrive), i connected my HTPC to the AVR y'day via the AUX 2 HDMI IN port, while HDMI OUT went to the TV. there were a LOT of intermittent screen black-outs / 'pink'-outs during the test, esp. when scrolling a browser-window & during playback of movie-clips/YT vids. what am i doing wrong?

Yes it's more than enough for sane volumes at home for personal listening. Don't try cranking it up to 100% volume for a house party. Speakers rated at 8ohms and over 88db should thrive well.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

2. the AVR felt, a bit underpowered(?!). i mean, had to increase the vol. to about 65 to listen in a decent 'movie-watching' mode. i read up, and found that one has to use audyssey & then set a dynamic volume preset to hear the difference. this is one of the prerequisites when setting up the AVR. is that so? i just did a prelim setup y'day as have to do it once again, properly, when rest of the speakers arrive.

thanks.

@TheSeeker:

Congratulations for your purchase. :) Welcome to the owners group. :)

Yes. Try the Audessey Setup, its pretty simple and all the information is mentioned in the booklet which you would have received in the box. Give it a try, it would increase the performance.

Cheers!

Just purchased the Marantz CD6005. Hoping to enjoy music for a long time and keeping my fingers crossed.

Finally getting a marantz ud5007 Blu-ray player. Primary usage will be movies, but hoping it will perform equally good for music through USB and audio CDs...
Thank you all for your inputs.

hello everyone!

recently got an NR1606. have to ask about a couple of issues to you gents here.

1. to test the setup (currently have only a pair of front FS; rest will arrive), i connected my HTPC to the AVR y'day via the AUX 2 HDMI IN port, while HDMI OUT went to the TV. there were a LOT of intermittent screen black-outs / 'pink'-outs during the test, esp. when scrolling a browser-window & during playback of movie-clips/YT vids. what am i doing wrong?

2. the AVR felt, a bit underpowered(?!). i mean, had to increase the vol. to about 65 to listen in a decent 'movie-watching' mode. i read up, and found that one has to use audyssey & then set a dynamic volume preset to hear the difference. this is one of the prerequisites when setting up the AVR. is that so? i just did a prelim setup y'day as have to do it once again, properly, when rest of the speakers arrive.

thanks.

1. What is a Aux to HDMI IN port? Does your PC have a HDMI Out port? Connect that to the HDMI IN port on the receiver. If you could post a picture of the PC port, then things should be clearer.

2. Do run the Audyssey setup before anything else. It will level all your speakers, set the cross overs, etc. Do go through the manual thoroughly on how to setup your system correctly. The speakers would be set as Large, leave it that ways till you get a Sub. Second, switch the Volume display to Db values.

MaSh

1. What is a Aux to HDMI IN port? Does your PC have a HDMI Out port? Connect that to the HDMI IN port on the receiver. If you could post a picture of the PC port, then things should be clearer.

2. Do run the Audyssey setup before anything else. It will level all your speakers, set the cross overs, etc. Do go through the manual thoroughly on how to setup your system correctly. The speakers would be set as Large, leave it that ways till you get a Sub. Second, switch the Volume display to Db values.

MaSh

968ZDJ4.jpg

1. yes, the PC has an HDMI-out. i had connected it to the AUX 2 port on the back of the AVR (no. 6 HDMI port in the pic above). and then connected the HDMI-OUT of the AVR (rightmost HDMI port above) to the HDMI-IN of TV.

however, y'day connected my PC to no. 3 port, ie, 'blu-ray' port above. rest same. witnessed no flickering or black-outs!

2. i'd have the center & ceiling speakers tomorrow. will run audyssey then. :)

968ZDJ4.jpg

1. yes, the PC has an HDMI-out. i had connected it to the AUX 2 port on the back of the AVR (no. 6 HDMI port in the pic above). and then connected the HDMI-OUT of the AVR (rightmost HDMI port above) to the HDMI-IN of TV.

however, y'day connected my PC to no. 3 port, ie, 'blu-ray' port above. rest same. witnessed no flickering or black-outs!

2. i'd have the center & ceiling speakers tomorrow. will run audyssey then. :)

Awesome. Yes it sounds right now. Use the Aux for lower bandwidth sources. Could not find it in documentation, however, I do feel the HDMI input ports behave slightly differently and are tuned to the labeling on them.

MaSh

I've SR 7010 and even after connecting the provided antennas I'm not getting any radio reception.

Do I need an external antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

FM should come easily provided you tune the stations as indicated in the owners operating manual....i faced the same challenge 4 years back and actually was missing a step in the tuning process.

Try placing the FM antennae wire in a different direction....try keeping the window open (if there is one).

and wish they included a better universal remote like they did in the old days! I think they used to give you the philips pronto!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back