Marantz pm5004 volume pot fixing help needed.

musiclovr

Hi... I bought a marantz pm 5004 from a friend 2 months ago and now the volume pot is not working. Local guy is asking for 2k to fix it. is there any place online where I can get the part for cheap. If I get the part I can fix it myself also. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

You check if the problem is with the pot by temporarily replacing it with a 50k dual pot. Before you go hunting for it.

You check if the problem is with the pot by temporarily replacing it with a 50k dual pot. Before you go hunting for it.
Checked it it's working from an external pot . Will start the search now. Any site that will have the part -it is the motorised pot with loudness function.

I am unable to get the volume pot with loudness function for marantz pm5004. Please help. Thanks in advance

Checked it it's working from an external pot . Will start the search now. Any site that will have the part -it is the motorised pot with loudness function.
How did you connect this external pot to test? The pot is mounted and soldered to the volume board assembly.

How did you connect this external pot to test? The pot is mounted and soldered to the volume board assembly.
Connected the external pot through wires. Since this was only for testing did not mount it. Just tested if the Left channel was working and the unit is now kept aside waiting for the spare

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back