Marantz PM8005 or Cambridge CXA80

sunand777

Which one is better in SQ? Need for highly detailed and punchy two channel music listening..

I had a PM7005 earlier..and i can see tons of great reviews on CXA80 about its detailing , power, drivability of any type of speakers and sound quality. I never used any cambridge products yet..

Any suggestions please...

Which one is better in SQ? Need for highly detailed and punchy two channel music listening..

I had a PM7005 earlier..and i can see tons of great reviews on CXA80 about its detailing , power, drivability of any type of speakers and sound quality. I never used any cambridge products yet..

With which speakers do you want to pair it?

Now i am using Boston Acoustics A 360 floor stand speakers , but maybe i will upgrade to higher level speakers..

I am also used PM6006 and CXA80 earlier and recently sold that great amp. for detailed and punchy stereo music CXA80 is the best.

Decide the speakers first, then the amp to pair with them.

Hi

Cambridge Audio will definitely be able to drive most speakers......now if you like a lot of punch and bass....ensure you get speakers which are able to produce the required bass effectively and have high SPL (sensitivity).

There is a pre owned CXA60 on sale in classifieds......first decide on which speakers you want to have based on your budget, the required performance and appearance...(some speakers are choosy on placement).

All the best!

Hi

Cambridge Audio will definitely be able to drive most speakers......now if you like a lot of punch and bass....ensure you get speakers which are able to produce the required bass effectively and have high SPL (sensitivity).

There is a pre owned CXA60 on sale in classifieds......first decide on which speakers you want to have based on your budget, the required performance and appearance...(some speakers are choosy on placement).

All the best!
My speakers are capable to produce the low to 38hz by spec , i think its can go lower than 38hz, so it will produce rich and powerful bass without a subwoofer

I had PM-8005 for a short span of time and mate with my Focal Aria 926. It is a good mid priced amplifier and sounding with smooth mid and sweet highs. Bass is not much controlled with my Focal. What you are going miss in both PM-8005 and CXA compare with high end amps is Vocal feel and texture. I suggest try Rega Elex-R also in that price range.

I had PM-8005 for a short span of time and mate with my Focal Aria 926. It is a good mid priced amplifier and sounding with smooth mid and sweet highs. Bass is not much controlled with my Focal. What you are going miss in both PM-8005 and CXA compare with high end amps is Vocal feel and texture. I suggest try Rega Elex-R also in that price range.
I heard very good things about Rega..thanks for your suggestion

No matter what you do, those speakers are not going to give you the desired result. Any amp costing double its price also will not do any favors. Change your speakers first.
Any suggestions for speakers from your end for cxa80?

Tannoy, Kef, Q Acoustics, Mission, basically any british brand will go well with ca
Listen to Fyne audio also. Where are you located?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back