Marantz receiver durability enhancement

RD-hunk

Guys, I just want an opinion from whoever in a suggesting mood. I am running my Marantz SR5011 for more than 3 years now, Pairing with Taga Harmony 606 package. Speakers have an average sensitivity of 90 db front L/R. I mostly listen to music and occasional weekend Movie shows also. My receiver runs not more than 2 to 2.5 hrs at a stretch. Recently noticing some heating issue well within half an hour of use. Marantz receivers use to get quiet warm I know, still worried about its long time durability.

What to do, should I add an additional amp (which already have in my mind) like an Emotiva BasX series to keep the amplification separate or should I add a device like an AC Infinity cooling system first?? Any type of suggestion is highly appreciable.

Guys, I just want an opinion from whoever in a suggesting mood. I am running my Marantz SR5011 for more than 3 years now, Pairing with Taga Harmony 606 package. Speakers have an average sensitivity of 90 db front L/R. I mostly listen to music and occasional weekend Movie shows also. My receiver runs not more than 2 to 2.5 hrs at a stretch. Recently noticing some heating issue well within half an hour of use. Marantz receivers use to get quiet warm I know, still worried about its long time durability.

What to do, should I add an additional amp (which already have in my mind) like an Emotiva BasX series to keep the amplification separate or should I add a device like an AC Infinity cooling system first?? Any type of suggestion is highly appreciable.
The AVR should not heat up more than usual compared to earlier (everything else being the same) unless there is dust buildup on the heatsinks.
If I were you:
1) Open up the AVR and vacuum clean/ compressed air can the dust buildup
2) It's always a good idea to use an exhaust with an AVR, esp if in an enclosure. Now The AC infinity is a good system( I am using a s7 for the past several months) but prior to the s7, I was using a generic 2xfan laptop cooler for a long time. The s7 runs a bit quieter (but we are splitting hair here) but the cooling performance is the same (not on guesswork but checked through thermal sensor monitoring.) I don't think the upgrade I did was worth it

Adding an additional amp will not help in cooling the avr. It will still run hot. I tried testing it with my Denon 4500 and the avr was running hot even with PA. Adding an Ac infinity cooling system is the best choice.

Marantz avr always run hot. You need to add an external fan to take the heat from the avr. AC infinity is a good one to consider.

AC Infinity is stupidly priced in India.
Im looking for the same.
If someone knows a way to get it for cheaper ( other than bringing from foreign ) then please help it out.

The AVR should not heat up more than usual compared to earlier (everything else being the same) unless there is dust buildup on the heatsinks.
If I were you:
1) Open up the AVR and vacuum clean/ compressed air can the dust buildup
2) It's always a good idea to use an exhaust with an AVR, esp if in an enclosure. Now The AC infinity is a good system( I am using a s7 for the past several months) but prior to the s7, I was using a generic 2xfan laptop cooler for a long time. The s7 runs a bit quieter (but we are splitting hair here) but the cooling performance is the same (not on guesswork but checked through thermal sensor monitoring.) I don't think the upgrade I did was worth it

Your idea of cleaning the dust particles is very logical. Yes, in Indian condition building up a thick dust layer is a common issue. I can open it up and then clean it up with vacuum cleaner. Lets see what happen.

Im looking for the same.
If someone knows a way to get it for cheaper ( other than bringing from foreign ) then please help it out.

Very true. A good infinity fan system is between 19k to 27 k. Any alternate solution isn't a reliable one. Not much through internet also. Some usb fans are available with 5 volts operation. Is there any other brand offering similar product?

Very true. A good infinity fan system is between 19k to 27 k. Any alternate solution isn't a reliable one. Not much through internet also. Some usb fans are available with 5 volts operation. Is there any other brand offering similar product?
You can try the Ac infinity usb fans. I am planning to get the below but currently they are not available for delivery at my location l. Check it out, has good feed back

AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5 Quiet Dual 80mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00IJ2J2K0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wQPaFbF77R5HY

As others have suggested, pls try using the AC Infinity fans. They are supposed to be good and not noisy.
I have the SR 7011 and that too tends to get hot, hence had to install an air conditioner.
Try using the eco mode, it does prevent the unit from getting too hot. Not sure but was told that the Hdmi boards are responsible for a lot of heat in them.

Im looking for the same.
Honest advice - Don't bother
I went through 5 hoops to get an AC Infinity fan delivered on time on a 3 day trip

The net result is the same as a 1000/- laptop fan that I was using earlier.. (other than looking better than the old one (which is bling bling with blue and red LEDs :p) - I monitor the airflow temps - no real difference between the two

The fact that I paid > 4K for it makes the option palatable but had i paid 10K+ for it, I would have been massively disappointed

Honest advice - Don't bother
I went through 5 hoops to get an AC Infinity fan delivered on time on a 3 day trip

The net result is the same as a 1000/- laptop fan that I was using earlier.. (other than looking better than the old one (which is bling bling with blue and red LEDs :p) - I monitor the airflow temps - no real difference between the two

The fact that I paid > 4K for it makes the option palatable but had i paid 10K+ for it, I would have been massively disappointed
Which model in Ac infinity did you use? Case it has amazing reviews. I am also planning to try a laptop cooler first before plugging the plug on Ac infinity

The cheapest and best is to use Laptop cooling pad. It looks little ugly but it is cheap,noise less and easily available. Laptop cooling pad sufficiently cool the avr to have more listening sessions without overheating. Earlier I used Maa Ku AC Axial exhaust fan but it makes noise and placing it on avr is a difficult task. If avr is in the cabinet then such active cooling is necessary but if in open space no need. Spending such money( 20-25k for 17" AVR) on AC infinity aircom cooling systems is not a value for money option.

As others have suggested, pls try using the AC Infinity fans. They are supposed to be good and not noisy.
I have the SR 7011 and that too tends to get hot, hence had to install an air conditioner.
Try using the eco mode, it does prevent the unit from getting too hot. Not sure but was told that the Hdmi boards are responsible for a lot of heat in them.

Eco mode on.

Did a little clean up.

Ran the system for an hour. Heat seems to be within control.

Order placed for a twin usb fan system.

Thanks everybody for your kind replies. Suggestions followed, feeling better now. :):):)

With av receivers the last thing to die would be the power amps which generates all that heat. I had 4 receivers in the past-2 onkyos from 2 different gen, 1 Harman and a Yamaha. All of them, had failures on the digital section like hdmi or some random chip. None had amp failures. So by adding power amps you won’t improve longevity. I always had power amps connected to the pre outs of all of this as my arcam power amp was in more synergy with the. Avrs amp out in all cases. May be a good stabilizer like vertex can improve the longevity avoiding fluctuations. Those amps can handle some heat.

Eco mode on.

Did a little clean up.

Ran the system for an hour. Heat seems to be within control.

Order placed for a twin usb fan system.

Thanks everybody for your kind replies. Suggestions followed, feeling better now. :):):)
What fan system did you order?

Which model in Ac infinity did you use? Case it has amazing reviews. I am also planning to try a laptop cooler first before plugging the plug on Ac infinity
s7
there is nothing wrong with it.
It's a great cooling system - Fairly priced for the price i paid (4k)

However a) it isn't readily available and requires some effort to get
and b) if you have to pay anything over 5K for it, you should look at other options

Upto -25 vol level ,it works well. With action movies scenes or gunshots may sound little softer.In that case Echo mode in Auto helps.
Ok may be while watching compressed or low quality contents we can use eco mode and for blu ray contents have it disabled. Cause no point in watching such contents with reduced performance

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back