Marantz SR5005 - low sound from left speaker and sometimes tripping

sajagtap

Hi,

I have Marantz SR5005 receiver hooked up JBL sub and speakers. After renovation of my home, i re-connected per diagram given in manual, but it is not working properly. I have observed couple of problems:
1. Sound from left speaker is very low and a bit distorting - checked by changing speaker cable and speaker, but in vain.
2. Amplifier is tripping after 5-10 minutes automatically.

Appreciate if you can give me some pointers and thanks for your time!

Thanks!
Sagar

Hi,

I have Marantz SR5005 receiver hooked up JBL sub and speakers. After renovation of my home, i re-connected per diagram given in manual, but it is not working properly. I have observed couple of problems:
1. Sound from left speaker is very low and a bit distorting - checked by changing speaker cable and speaker, but in vain.
2. Amplifier is tripping after 5-10 minutes automatically.

Appreciate if you can give me some pointers and thanks for your time!

Thanks!
Sagar

1. Tripping is mainly due to wiring issues. But if it happening after every interval of 5-10 mins then some serious issues. Do you use thin wires? What ohms speakers are you using?

2. Did you connect the Left speaker to the right terminal on AVR? This way you can check if anything is wrong with the speaker.

3. Did you run Audyssey? If yes, Check the Manual Speaker settings? Probably the Channel Level of Left will be less comapred to Right. Also if the Audyssey is on, go to Audyssey Settings and turn it off. This way it will bypass the Audyssey Settings and check every speaker is working properly.

I had same problem of Left speaker being very low but then i realised that mine new speaker were taking time to Break-In. Even my Marantz 5005 took time to beak-in. But after break-in, its very different and awsome.

Also you mentioned renovation of house. Do you have furniture and drapes in place? Acoustics played a vital role in my room. New room was souding very harsh and fatigue. But once Sofa, Rug and Drapes got in palce, sound changed a lot.

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks buddy for your quick reply.

1. Using wires which come along with speakers having 4ohm impedance. I am using this configuration since past 6 months and working beyond expectations.
2. I tried connecting left speaker to right terminal AVR, it worked, but the same time the problem shifted to speaker connected to left terminal of AVR.
3. I am not able to run Audyssey set up due to frequent tripping of AVR.

I am suspecting that some problem with AVR. Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks buddy for your quick reply.

1. Using wires which come along with speakers having 4ohm impedance. I am using this configuration since past 6 months and working beyond expectations.
2. I tried connecting left speaker to right terminal AVR, it worked, but the same time the problem shifted to speaker connected to left terminal of AVR.
3. I am not able to run Audyssey set up due to frequent tripping of AVR.

I am suspecting that some problem with AVR. Please let me know your thoughts, suggestions. Thanks!

Which means your speakers are not blown.

Output of 5005 is 6-8ohms. Wonder why you connected 4ohms. Anyways wires that usually come with Speakers are not that great.

So i would suggest you to disconnect all the center and surround wires. These will take load off you AVR. Then try to use AVR in stereo setup to and change the Audyssey settings.

Later try by changing the wires for front. Use thick wires, flow of current is much easier. If you dont have thicker wires, you can use 2 pair of existing wires instead of single wire. This can be of great help.

Worst case scenario, go to the repair guy.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back