Marantz UD 7007- worth buy?

accord

Hello every one,

I request to please advise if i should buy this BDP or not.
My current source is Pioneer BDP 170 and it's now working as media player only because its stops reading Blueray and video cds. Previously i was looking to get a dedicated CD player but after this issue with 170 i again have to consider a universal BDP with good sound stage on Cds also as i have descent collection of CDs and DVDs.
7007 has very few reviews on net so please guide on this.

Thanks.

We have some users who are quite happy with the UD7007......it has a good transport....not used one directly....used Pioneer BDP LX 55 and now traded up to Oppo 103.....the experience is a different ball game for me......

Marantz is known to have a warm signature and will definitely do good justice for playback of CDs........

Audition where possible.....would suggest you post the query in the Marantz Owner thread

Thanks,
Audition is not available and i have to rely totally on reviews and suggestions from FMs.

also FM Hari Iyer has purchased this recently ...so there is one more thread on this ...you can check with these FM 's on PM

discssed the pros and cons of this pl this Blueray player. It's not WiFi enabled but can be hooked up with ethernet. Don't have a dedicated browser but have YouTube and Netflix inbuilt. Video quality is superb. Audio quality super. Don't need an external DAC with this as inbuilt DAC is good enough.

Transport makes slight noise during open/ close. Onboard buttons and remote keys are hard and not soft. You need to press them to engage a bit hard. I would say for the price offered there is nothing that shall go wrong.

I would have preferred if it had three more feature - WiFi enabled, coaxial and optical inputs to work like a DAC then it would have been hard to beat.

We have some users who are quite happy with the UD7007......it has a good transport....not used one directly....used Pioneer BDP LX 55 and now traded up to Oppo 103.....the experience is a different ball game for me......

Marantz is known to have a warm signature and will definitely do good justice for playback of CDs........

Audition where possible.....would suggest you post the query in the Marantz Owner thread
Where are you getting the Oppo players and at what price? Do point me out. Thanks!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back