Maya Memsaab on Vinyl

skroderider

Today I received an email from Faiz (House of Rhythm) that Maya Memsaab (1993) is out on Vinyl. The label is Sony DADC.

This is one of my favourite Bollywood albums, with sublime music by Hridaynath Mangeshkar. I still have the cassette bought by my dad and listen to it. But given the recent debacles with newly issued vinyl, especially ones not issued earlier, I am a bit hesitant to buy this. Any thoughts/advice or better still personal experience from somebody who has bought this LP?

I recently acquired a Technics turntable and got in to the vinyl bandwagon. Also bought 2 LP's from the same FM (@ketanpote69 ) i got the turntable from. Ordered an LP from Amazon.in (Mausam/Aandhi) Sony DADC release, Saregama copyright. The sound is nothing better than YouTube. The two older LP's are original press but worn out with clicks and pops. But they give a much better separation of instruments.
I suppose i am trying to say that if they are Digitally mastered or Digitally restored, it would not be the same as the original LP release. Better off getting a CD if there is one.

Today I received an email from Faiz (House of Rhythm) that Maya Memsaab (1993) is out on Vinyl. The label is Sony DADC.

This is one of my favourite Bollywood albums, with sublime music by Hridaynath Mangeshkar. I still have the cassette bought by my dad and listen to it. But given the recent debacles with newly issued vinyl, especially ones not issued earlier, I am a bit hesitant to buy this. Any thoughts/advice or better still personal experience from somebody who has bought this LP?

This particular LP is initiative of a Trio. They got the LP exclusively made from Sony DADC.

I was also curious about the source of this LP. Since it's early 90s album the master would be DAT. I did inquire with the key person behind the release, he says the source is DAT but I would wait for reviews from some FMs before going ahead with a buy.

Incidentally the ACD of Maya Memsaab is one of ultra rares. I heard that it sells for more than 5k.

Pricing of these LPs are getting insane day by day. 1900/- for one LP?? I will leave it for collectors.

The same people earlier also released two albums in vinyl. How the quality of those two vinyl's?

They released 300 copies it seems. Earlier they released Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi LP (300 copies), those are still unsold fully.

300 is the minimum order quantity for a commercial indent.

Their first release was Phir Teri Kahani..... It was not having full songs due to vinyl limitations but overall the SQ was praised. Their second venture was Padosan. It was released in gatefold cover. It contained Mere Bhole Balam which was not released on vinyl before and a free ACD of same soundtrack was bundled along the package.

The SQ again was good but source of LP was ambiguous. So can't comment on that.

I simply wish that people would try to bring re-releases as close to masters as possible.

Just don't make sense to press digital audio to vinyls.

Specially when the source is watered down ADC conversion at the first place.

Hi All,

Any update on the pressing quality , though the soundtrack is amazing , some inconsistent pressings, the latest being Mohra, has left me skeptical of making a purchase without a prior confirmation regarding sound quality.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back