Media/Clip for Washing TIR in Plasma

soulforged

Apparently you get movie clips for 'washing' TIR in Plasmas. I learnt that the newer TVs come with this as a feature. It is essentially the kind of screen we used to get in the old CRTs of yore when there was no signal. If there's a technical term for it, I do not know it.

Is anybody aware of such clips? Where can I get one for my 4-year old Plasma?

Alternately, can someone help me some pointers on how to take care of TIR cleansing? This has not been a problem for me so far as it was being used solely for movies but now I'm shifting it to my bedroom where the primary usage would be cable.

:signthankspin:

PS: I know about taking care not to leave static images for long, torching etc. What I am hoping for is steps to be taken periodically (if any) to clean out the screen

okay...apparently I'm not the only one who has not heard of this concept...so let me change the question - Do you watch cable on your plasma? How do you manage TIR issues?

:)

TIR = Temporary Image Retention, right ?

Do you have an option in your Menu which says like Scrolling Bars or Rolling Slides or something like that ? Play that for 10-15 mins and you're good.

If you don't have that option, you can run slides or full screen contents from a pen drive.

TIR = Temporary Image Retention, right ?

Do you have an option in your Menu which says like Scrolling Bars or Rolling Slides or something like that ? Play that for 10-15 mins and you're good.

If you don't have that option, you can run slides or full screen contents from a pen drive.

Thanks, I'll double check but I don't think my TV has any such options. Had heard of some movie clips meant for cleaning image retention...was wondering if anybody had any such thing here...

You can run any 1080p or some videos full screen for 30 mins and that'll clear things up. you never mentioned your TV made and model....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back