Membership/ donation

Do you think its a good idea to have Donation for running HFV?

• Yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is always welcome. We already have a Donate link in the navigation bar above. However the response (over the last 6-8 months) so far has been nil.

This can be arranged. Not a problem.

Hi,

I just made a $2 donation to start with via paypal! Excuse me for a small amount, but will parts in parts!

Cheers!

:eek: Err, Actually I don't have both (credit card or paypal account) .How about listing out all options (in one post if possible, please)??

Voted yes, I'm fine with Paypal but better would be direct EFT to bank account.

Hi,

This is a good idea to payback our great forum in a small way at least. I am also for NEFT method.

cheers,
sri

Hi,

I just made a $2 donation to start with via paypal! Excuse me for a small amount, but will parts in parts!

Cheers!

Thank you. Every penny helps.

:eek: Err, Actually I don't have both (credit card or paypal account) .How about listing out all options (in one post if possible, please)??

I will be listing a bank account and NEFT option.

Voted yes, I'm fine with Paypal but better would be direct EFT to bank account.

That will be available soon.

Hi,

This is a good idea to payback our great forum in a small way at least. I am also for NEFT method.

cheers,
sri

Thank You. NEFT details will be available soon.

Hi Hegde,

For DD's u have to incur the additional expenses like commision/ courier... Can have NEFT bank transfer Or secured Credit Card Transac.. I have no paypal acc.

Regards

Just to clarify to all ... PayPal is a secured online transaction gateway to collect credit card payments.

Hi,

I second supermod's recommendations. Paypal is a completely secured way to make online payments, you can file a dispute if you have any issues after your transaction and if you are right, your money will be refunded.

Creating a Paypal account is as easy as creating an email account! One thing is that you should have a credit card.

Cheers!

We are now offering Donor Membership with additional benefits. Payments can be made either by PayPal or NEFT/EFT/Cheque, etc.

We are offering both a ONE Month or ONE YEAR Premium Membership.

Cheque/NEFT/EFT payments will be accepted for the ONE YEAR Payments.

Thank You all, for your generosity!

Hi Supermod,

Can you please explain the benefits one is going to get by obtaining the premier membership? Rs. 100 and Rs. 1000, preferably in indian rupees than dollars.

It is better that we address our senior members with good reputation like Venkatcr, Spirovious, Soundsgreat, Vinay, Manu and all other seniors as "premier members" or I suggest that this membership should be given to them for "free." As I strongly believe, without them and their valuable inputs this thread would not have been this successful.

So I really find funny that I am going to be called as a premier member by just paying Rs. 100 and Rs. 1000.

I very well understand that this is not mandatory and no one is forced to do this. To be honest, by fixing a fixed fee like this, this would discourage many members. If i am right, Mr. Srini Sundar's motive is to preserve this forum for so long as possible due to valuable inputs, discussions, suggestions, articles, dYI given by other forum members and to preserve this as a memorabilia.

In my humble opinon, in a forum or portal like this where we share knowledge, I feel utmost importance should be given to knowledge and not for any commercial activities.

Please Seniors and other members, correct me if I am wrong in my post!

Last edited:
"Premium Member" title would be very confusing. New members / guests might take it to imply superior knowledge or authority in the field of AV.

Titles should more closely match their contribution (which in this case is a donation). We could call them "sponsor member" or "paid member"

"Premium Member" title would be very confusing. New members / guests might take it to imply superior knowledge or authority in the field of AV.

Titles should more closely match their contribution (which in this case is a donation). We could call them "sponsor member" or "paid member"

We have now changed the title to read "Donor Member"!

Hi Supermod,

Can you please explain the benefits one is going to get by obtaining the premier membership? Rs. 100 and Rs. 1000, preferably in indian rupees than dollars.

It is better that we address our senior members with good reputation like Venkatcr, Spirovious, Soundsgreat, Vinay, Manu and all other seniors as "premier members" or I suggest that this membership should be given to them for "free." As I strongly believe, without them and their valuable inputs this thread would not have been this successful.

So I really find funny that I am going to be called as a premier member by just paying Rs. 100 and Rs. 1000.

I very well understand that this is not mandatory and no one is forced to do this. To be honest, by fixing a fixed fee like this, this would discourage many members. If i am right, Mr. Srini Sundar's motive is to preserve this forum for so long as possible due to valuable inputs, discussions, suggestions, articles, dYI given by other forum members and to preserve this as a memorabilia.

In my humble opinon, in a forum or portal like this where we share knowledge, I feel utmost importance should be given to knowledge and not for any commercial activities.

Please Seniors and other members, correct me if I am wrong in my post!

Dear Mr.Venkatesh,

You are right and my views are also same.. Ur point in commercial activities means, do you feel the subscription/donor amount is higher ? So it sounds like we will be subscribed to an daily portal and will be removed from subscription after our period is over right?

In this case more members opinion is needed on this if anything is needed to be modified.... Since you are first person to intiate the $2 donation and you are an role model for this activity. Kindly pour in your views any modificiation is suggested on the system..

My suggestion is also, since this is an community forum, let it be an open book.. All the cost incurred for running/hosting this can be detailed in an section if necessary.

Regards

Dear Mr.Venkatesh,

You are right and my views are also same.. Ur point in commercial activities means, do you feel the subscription/donor amount is higher ? So it sounds like we will be subscribed to an daily portal and will be removed from subscription after our period is over right?

In this case more members opinion is needed on this if anything is needed to be modified.... Since you are first person to intiate the $2 donation and you are an role model for this activity. Kindly pour in your views any modificiation is suggested on the system..

My suggestion is also, since this is an community forum, let it be an open book.. All the cost incurred for running/hosting this can be detailed in an section if necessary.

Regards

Hi Srini,

Thanks for making my post appear clearer now. This is what I exactly intended to express. Since this is a community forum, let there be no fixed membership fee until we can arrange for some huge discounts, gift vouchers, etc. from the dealers and distributors. Needless to say, I have already taken some initiative on my part.

More than saying the amount is on the higher side, as we are spending much on our gadgets and the ideas we share are more valuable, I would like to make a point that this would discourage many members to come forward as there is only 100 and 1000 here, so they can make 200 or 900:). So, I feel it would be better if it is open, so there is no upper or lower limit, perhaps a lower limit of Rs. 100. So, anyone can be called as a donor member and those who pay more will get benefits like discount coupons, gift vouchers (like what 20north is offering now) and this can be at the discretion of the moderators.

Friends, please do render your valuable inputs and suggestions!

Dear Hifivision,
Congratulations for creating such a wonderful forum.

HFV is a great forum and I have benefited from its biggest assets, the knowledge base and "ever willing to share & knowledgeable" community.

Our members also see the value in this forum and have hence wanted to contribute towards its maintenance. But as always, money matters are tricky and it is impossible to please everyone. But an attempt should be made to discuss and arrive at a middle path solution. In the past, you have asked for recommendations of members before implementing something. This time though, it was implemented way too soon and amendments are also being made on the fly. I request you to put this on hold, take suggestions, discuss and then only implement this.

I am sharing my honest views for the benefit of the forum. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
I would feel the same too. That is why I initially suggested that donations be made anonymous to other members and that there should be no differentiation whatsoever between those who have contributed and those who haven't. I am happy to contribute in my own small way, but don't want it to be known. If you could provide an "anonymous" option and also "no fixed amount/subscription period" option, that would be great. Just making the donation feature more friendly with various options would suffice.

Thanks in advance HFV:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back