mission m34i

i spoke with robert n emailed him for a quote for 33i and transportation charges.
i am not sure of 33i or 34i, as i read somewhere the extra driver makes 34i a bit muddy not very sure. i wish i can audition both

if required i may go for a sub for that extra bass. anyway any1 got this item through courier.
regards

Frankly I didnt find any such issue. But in that case you can go for the m33i and a sub. So you can turn on the thump when you feel its missing.

Hai Madjack,

Sorry for a late response. Thank you for all the info posted for the M33i. I am yet to audition it, which hopefully will be done in the next few weeks. As for my Purchase I am yet to decide between WH 9.2 and M33i, which one will suit best for my NORGE 2060. The amp sounds a bit bright with my present DIY 3-way. As for my Purchase from Vijay sales I am a bit reserved to get it thro courier for fear of damage during handling and transport. Let me keep it as an option. I will keep you posted with the details later.

Again I thank you for your efforts and info.

With thanks,

N MURALI

i too have the same apprehension, will the speakers get damaged during transport.Frankly i cant think of anything else, as the item is heavy its too much a botheration to request some1 who is visiting mumbai to get it. if the packing is good i suppose its should reach safely. will there be any warranty for this item and whether transportation damages are covered in that is to be checked.
i am 2 minds here regarding 33i + sub or 34i (BTW how much a decent sub costs)
regards

Last edited:
i too have the same apprehension, will the speakers get damaged during transport.Frankly i cant think of anything else, as the item is heavy its too much a botheration to request some1 who is visiting mumbai to get it. if the packing is good i suppose its should reach safely. will there be any warranty for this item and whether transportation damages are covered in that is to be checked.
i am 2 minds here regarding 33i + sub or 34i (BTW how much a decent sub costs)
regards

why do you just call the guy and ask him if you are serious abt it. BTW, they also have mission subs of various power ratings.
abt the sub or no sub bit, there are other things also like the budget which has to match,,do that calculation and check if it fits, so once you have laid out all parameters, as per YOUR priority, just add them up and lo behold,,you decision is done.
Fidility - 9
kind of music jazz or rock (you need more treble or thump?) -
budget - 10
real estate requirement (big room, small room) -

best of lucks...

Most audio equipment is shipped from HK to India without damage. If it is in its original carton/packaging, it should not be a problem.

The WF warranty booklet says it covers damage while shipping - I dont know how you will prove it though. If the carton itself is damaged then manufacturer will accept more easily I guess - then you have the option of refusing to accept delivery if carton is damaged. If its not it is very unlikely that the product inside will be damaged.

Cheers

Most audio equipment is shipped from HK to India without damage. If it is in its original carton/packaging, it should not be a problem.

The WF warranty booklet says it covers damage while shipping - I dont know how you will prove it though. If the carton itself is damaged then manufacturer will accept more easily I guess - then you have the option of refusing to accept delivery if carton is damaged. If its not it is very unlikely that the product inside will be damaged.

Cheers

thanks , u made many things clear

why do you just call the guy and ask him if you are serious abt it. BTW, they also have mission subs of various power ratings.
abt the sub or no sub bit, there are other things also like the budget which has to match,,do that calculation and check if it fits, so once you have laid out all parameters, as per YOUR priority, just add them up and lo behold,,you decision is done.
Fidility - 9
kind of music jazz or rock (you need more treble or thump?) -
budget - 10
real estate requirement (big room, small room) -

best of lucks...

well, i listen mostly rocK (hard n soft), country and pop/bollywood music sometimes. my music taste is getting softer with time.room size 14X17 Ft. regarding budget i want to limit it to the possible extent. SQ better than ordinary and need not be audiophile

well, i listen mostly rocK (hard n soft), country and pop/bollywood music sometimes. my music taste is getting softer with time.room size 14X17 Ft. regarding budget i want to limit it to the possible extent. SQ better than ordinary and need not be audiophile

So, did you get it?

Hi,

Thanks for this info. I just spoke to Robert for the price of Mission M33i. It's the same price you quoted above. Actually I wanted to audition these speakers in Delhi.......>>> The sound signature for the Mission will be very much appreciated?:licklips:

Thanx a ton

Administrative Office
Here ask for Robert, he handles audio. On 2nd thoughts he is for mumbai, so first ask for their delhi office, if you dont get a useful reply, ask for robert. He is very helpful.

384,Veer Saverkar Marg,
Opp Siddhivinayak Temple,
Prabhadevi Mumbai - 400025.
Tel : 022-24216010/11/12/13/14

Customer Care

Customer Care Desk at all Outlets.
V Care Mumbai : (022)66227722.
V Care Pune : (020)26053691 / 92
V Care Surat : (0261)2257048 / 49.
E-mail : [email protected]

Corporate Sales

[email protected]

People normally talk of amplifier brands having a sound signature, usually not the speakers. You should listen and go by instinct where judgment is difficult in comparing products. :)

Cheers

You are most welcome Heliumflight,
I had checked with him for packaging issues too regarding transport to chennai for murali, he said they are packed very well and should be no issues, but they dont do insurance, since it hasnt been a practice for them. Mission apparently is distributed by Yamaha in India, but he said they cant get it sent through your local yamaha dealer since then the price would be higher. And they get a diff price due to bulk.
Sound signature for mission? how?
are you planning to go for the bookshelves?

Hi,

Thanks for this info. I just spoke to Robert for the price of Mission M33i. It's the same price you quoted above. Actually I wanted to audition these speakers in Delhi.......>>> The sound signature for the Mission will be very much appreciated?:licklips:

Thanx a ton

Hi madjack,

I'm helping a friend of mine setup his system (I wish I could do that for myself). Interested in the Tower Mission M33i. Since I couldn't locate a dealer in Delhi, I needed to know the sound signature!

Thanks for the insight!

You are most welcome Heliumflight,
Sound signature for mission? how?
are you planning to go for the bookshelves?

Hi madjack,

I'm helping a friend of mine setup his system (I wish I could do that for myself). Interested in the Tower Mission M33i. Since I couldn't locate a dealer in Delhi, I needed to know the sound signature!

Thanks for the insight!

m34 would be a better choice over the m33.......better midrange and bass.

Auditioned it today (could not get the m35) - good value for money m34 for 17-18k.

M35 is 23-24k........3 way reflex.........availabel only on a order basis.

PS: One problem was the huge size of the speakers.....mordaun short 906 looks like a baby.

m34 would be a better choice over the m33.......better midrange and bass.

Auditioned it today (could not get the m35) - good value for money m34 for 17-18k.

M35 is 23-24k........3 way reflex.........availabel only on a order basis.

PS: One problem was the huge size of the speakers.....mordaun short 906 looks like a baby.

Whoa!! and I thought the 906 was oversized!! I sa the m33i it didnt look too big. Is the m34i a really big brother? :)

Cheers

Whoa!! and I thought the 906 was oversized!! I sa the m33i it didnt look too big. Is the m34i a really big brother? :)

Cheers

from the pics it seemed that way but ms 906 is actually pretty small.......particularly in comparison to the missions even the m33 dwarfs it. M34 is bigger than the m33 and m35 (i have not seen it is apparently bigger)

finally ordered the mission m35 today........will get delivery in the next 4 days.

Will post a full review for the same.

On first impression was the m35 was vast in terms of the imaging and no toe in was required.

Second the bass was good - i feel with the balast added it would sound better.

Third - I came across a few forums as the mid range some times beign muddy - paired with an CA640 and CA 650 CDP it seemed great. Great notes, soft treble (i like thanks you) and decent bass. The three way speakers cutting the cake.

Fouth - Paired with an Yamaha 663 they sounded a little laid back - with the Onkyo 606 should be just right (yes could not audition it with the Onkyo 606 but then again my plan is to invest in a 2 channel stereo amp soon). I feel the range for the m35 is great.

Some years back the missions were on a roll - receiving a lot of hifi awards but of late not much has been heard from them.

IMHO (i am no audiophile) the m34 could blow away the ms906 on any given day though the mid range for the ms 906 was clearer. But ms906 at 28-30k (new prices as of now) does not stand any chance against the VFM mission.

And i do not believe in any burn in - its psychological i presume. The Polk will always be harsh (LSI & monitor), Jamo always laid back (s606, 406) while Wharf diamond 9.5 in between. So if a speaker cannot deliver in the first half an hour after warm up (15mins or so) - they should not be given a chance at least in the value segment is what i feel.

Suprateep, you probably do have your own strong reasons for not believing in speaker burn-in. But the thing is that phenomenon is a fact - an observable one at that.

Tightening of bass and all round opening out of the drivers after a few hundred hours is true and to be found in any loudspeaker or subwoofer. It is just the same as what happens with a new engine on any automobile.

Also the Polk Lsi range of speakers are really good and probably the only musical speakers in the entire Polk range:). They have a tweeter to die for; plus they do not lack in bass. In a bookshelf below 50K that is not a bad combination to have.

People normally talk of amplifier brands having a sound signature, usually not the speakers. You should listen and go by instinct where judgment is difficult in comparing products. :)

Cheers

Gobble - speakers (drivers and crossovers) have a distinct signature otherwise, you could simply use any speaker in your system without any worries about the final output.

Speakers tend to affect the analog signal and are deemed as 'forward' or 'laid back' .

Suprateep, you probably do have your own strong reasons for not believing in speaker burn-in. But the thing is that phenomenon is a fact - an observable one at that.

Tightening of bass and all round opening out of the drivers after a few hundred hours is true and to be found in any loudspeaker or subwoofer. It is just the same as what happens with a new engine on any automobile.

Also the Polk Lsi range of speakers are really good and probably the only musical speakers in the entire Polk range:). They have a tweeter to die for; plus they do not lack in bass. In a bookshelf below 50K that is not a bad combination to have.

omg sorry.......i wanted to mention the TSI 300 and 400 that i had auditioned. The LSI is good, quite good.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back