mission m34i

Suprateep, you probably do have your own strong reasons for not believing in speaker burn-in. But the thing is that phenomenon is a fact - an observable one at that.

Some people do and others don't believe in the concept of burn-in. Let this not get into a holy war as its best to leave each individual to their own.

Gobble - speakers (drivers and crossovers) have a distinct signature otherwise, you could simply use any speaker in your system without any worries about the final output.

Speakers tend to affect the analog signal and are deemed as 'forward' or 'laid back' .

That is true. I agree with Marsilians. One speaker is as different from another as chalk is from cheese:)

Some people do and others don't believe in the concept of burn-in. Let this not get into a holy war as its best to leave each individual to their own.

Sure, Marsilians! As always I was putting across my thoughts on the matter while duly acknowledging that the OP might have his own strong reasons for his stand.

And i do not believe in any burn in - its psychological i presume. The Polk will always be harsh (LSI & monitor), Jamo always laid back (s606, 406) while Wharf diamond 9.5 in between. So if a speaker cannot deliver in the first half an hour after warm up (15mins or so) - they should not be given a chance at least in the value segment is what i feel.

Hi Suprateep
I think, you meant warm-up not burn-in.

A speaker once burned-in will remain good or better sounding for ever from the 1st minute. It is the amp that needs warming-up for atleast 45 mins before the sound improves. Last week I left my amp on for 12 hours and boy the SQ sounded sweeter than ever!

And yes besides the warm-up an amp also sounds better "burned-in". Any initial graininess and "hardness" in the sound gradually goes away.

But I am not trying to force the idea upon you. Like many things ( ex: spiritual development) it is a "truth" to be perceived with direct experience and not by argumentative western style thinking :)

Just posted this to clarify the difference between warm-up and burn-in.

Cheers

Hi Suprateep
I think, you meant warm-up not burn-in.

A speaker once burned-in will remain good or better sounding for ever from the 1st minute. It is the amp that needs warming-up for atleast 45 mins before the sound improves. Last week I left my amp on for 12 hours and boy the SQ sounded sweeter than ever!

And yes besides the warm-up an amp also sounds better "burned-in". Any initial graininess and "hardness" in the sound gradually goes away.

But I am not trying to force the idea upon you. Like many things ( ex: spiritual development) it is a "truth" to be perceived with direct experience and not by argumentative western style thinking :)

Just posted this to clarify the difference between warm-up and burn-in.

Cheers

hey i do understand the concept of burn in and warm up - but i beg to differ with no moving parts how can one burn in a spekaer wire for e.g. Wrt to speakers i do agree that the parts needed to be broken in and i do not think it would take more than a couple of hours for the tweeter (rather than the woofer) to "burn in".

And yes while the concept for any/most electronic equipment holds true - after a couple of hours of solid playtime there should be difference between it and a brand new one out of the box - i personally do not believe that 24-72 hours of continious play is necessary.

That would imply taking a new car and letting it rip for 3 days at a stretch - since its a sum of a thousand parts at least. Normal usage is all that is required. And if something does not change say for a pair of speakers in a coupel of hours of playtime initially - i don't think much will change over time.

PS: Tweeters do get "worn in" that affects our hearing - since human ears cannot hear/are ill equipped to hear very high or very low frequencies - any small fall makes us think the sound has changed. Just that with the tweeters - because of the perceptible changes we feel that the speaker range might have improved. For e.g. Polks do sound better over time rather than out of the box.

PS2: Just like we get used to a foul/fragrant smell after a few moments likewise.

i personally do not believe that 24-72 hours of continious play is necessary.

That would imply taking a new car and letting it rip for 3 days at a stretch - since its a sum of a thousand parts at least. Normal usage is all that is required. And if something does not change say for a pair of speakers in a coupel of hours of playtime initially - i don't think much will change over time.

I dont think burn-in implies continuous use for 72 hours non-stop. I have been burning-in my setup for an hour daily over the last 3 months and now I can feel the SQ has "broken-in". The sound has improved perceptibly in the last few days. :clapping:

cheers

I dont think burn-in implies continuous use for 72 hours non-stop. I have been burning-in my setup for an hour daily over the last 3 months and now I can feel the SQ has "broken-in". The sound has improved perceptibly in the last few days. :clapping:

cheers

chalo bhai i understand what you want to imply - i guess the drivers do settle in after some hours of play time - the exact word is "some" i presume

Sory to drag this thread, but for the sake of accuracy actually I mean "break-in" everytime I used the words "burn-in". I don't burn-in my speakers and amp and prefer the more natural way of break-in over time :)

Please feel free not reply to this nit-picking session :)

Cheers

Since Vijay Sales have been discussed in this thread, will ask my question here...

Has anyone dealt with Vijay Sales from Bangalore or chennai or any other place where they dont have a store. I want to know how this works, I mean after a deal is final I transfer money to their account & they send the bill through courier & ship the things bought???

Is it safe & reliable!!! Has anyone done it like this!!!

Since Vijay Sales have been discussed in this thread, will ask my question here...

Has anyone dealt with Vijay Sales from Bangalore or chennai or any other place where they dont have a store. I want to know how this works, I mean after a deal is final I transfer money to their account & they send the bill through courier & ship the things bought???

Is it safe & reliable!!! Has anyone done it like this!!!

i am sure man this has been done before - check the threads. BTW i paid money to their main office in mumbai and the m35 got delivered 7 working days later. No problem with damages etc. Talk to Mr. Robert in Vijay Sales (prabhadevi office) - mention my ref. and get it shipped. There will be nominal shipping charges. Opt for the one with crate though slightly more expensive (will cost you around 1.5K more) - that will be the safest bet.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Will talk to Mr. Robert (got his mobile no. somewhere in this thread) today. About your deal suprateep, did you went to their Mumbai office or you did it online from Pune itself!!!

Thanks for the reply!!!

Will talk to Mr. Robert (got his mobile no. somewhere in this thread) today. About your deal suprateep, did you went to their Mumbai office or you did it online from Pune itself!!!

man i had some work in Lamington road so dropped in that day in their prabhadevi office. In fact I remember now that he even arranged for a payment at their pune office and had me the m35's delivered 7 working days later. One of my friends too made a partial payment at their head office, the rest at the pune office and got the yht195 for bargain price.

For people outside the state they have an option of putting money in their bank account (you can validate it with the bank) - they will get it delivered. Do take all info pertaining to the vendor delivering the product.

Excellent discussion guys....anybody here from Hyderabad with M34i? can I bring my 606 to your place and see how it drives the M34is?

It might be in September anyways:)

Thank you,
Venkat

Excellent discussion guys....anybody here from Hyderabad with M34i? can I bring my 606 to your place and see how it drives the M34is?

It might be in September anyways:)

Thank you,
Venkat

brother i have the onkyo 606 driving my m35s (had it for the last 6 months) - only recently i am using a 2 channel amp for driving the mission m35s.

Mission m34 has decent sensitivity ratings - no problems with the 606.

Thanks Suprateep....I know that 606 drives m33 and 34 good...not that I am rejecting what you are saying..its just that I cannot order for missions from pune or mumbai and ship it hyd without even auditioning the combination..

Venkat

Last edited:
I have got an offer for Mission M33i, - 14K, Mission Center - Rs 4600, M30i Surround - 7k, it adds upto 25600, however he has said the best price is 24K

Appreciate if you could tell me if this good price, considering you have received it at much lesser price in Mumbai

I would also call Vijay Sales & check the prices now :)

I have got an offer for Mission M33i, - 14K, Mission Center - Rs 4600, M30i Surround - 7k, it adds up to 25600, however he has said the best price is 24K

Can you tell the correct model for the center, whether it is MH3-C, M3C1i or M3C2i

regards
Gap G J

I have got an offer for Mission M33i, - 14K, Mission Center - Rs 4600, M30i Surround - 7k, it adds upto 25600, however he has said the best price is 24K

Appreciate if you could tell me if this good price, considering you have received it at much lesser price in Mumbai

I would also call Vijay Sales & check the prices now :)
Hi,

From which dealer you got this offer???
Have u made the purchase??
I am also looking for similar mission packege in Bangalore...

hey guys just wondering...how would m33i's be as rears for a HT setup with KEF fronts and center? Would they be overkill? Apart from the way they sound (at one point of time I was considering them for my 2-chnl setup) I like the compact build. I would rather go for them then bookshelves and stands...any thoughts?

Also, where in Blr do you go for them? The last I checked them was at Palani's (Audio Planet).

:cheers:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back