Mission Speakers

Good Idea.Shud be implemented immediately.

i plan to add a line to my signature that says "advice is good but always audition and trust you senses and wallet before you buy".........

well for speakers (m34/m35)with 90-92db sensitivity (m33 is aorund 89) anything over 25W can drive them well. But then again 2W tube amps are known to drive speakers with 90+dB sensitivity well.

So as long as you like the sound of the m34/m35 and onkyo avr (if you are a lover for 2 channel sound - you will upgrade to 2 channel anyway in the future) - go and buy it man.

Reju thanks for the price quotes.the cost of these speakers is beyond my reach and budget.even telling wifey abt the cost of these speakers will lead 2 unbelievable consequences @ home let alone buying.;).
Any way will look out for other less priced models.BTW how are Jamo and Canton as brands?Even Mordaunt Short seems to be a good brand !

Rti A7: MRP is 54K. You should get it for 48.5K.
Rti A5: MRP is 44K. You should get it for 39.5K.

Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

Reju thanks for the price quotes.the cost of these speakers is beyond my reach and budget.even telling wifey abt the cost of these speakers will lead 2 unbelievable consequences @ home let alone buying.;).
Any way will look out for other less priced models.BTW how are Jamo and Canton as brands?Even Mordaunt Short seems to be a good brand !

all are good brands and price winners at that - mission, mordaunt short, etc - every speaker has got a signature so do amps, even speaker wires. So its important to get the combination right - so audition them all and combinations before you buy:rolleyes:

Canton? is it a good brand? which speakers r u lukin at? share some links pls

Canton? is it a good brand? which speakers r u lukin at? share some links pls

As per the dealer Canton speakers are high end speakers.I saw a couple of floor standers which cost Rs 75K +.So i did not ask further questions.Canton is a German manufacturer.You can check on this link CANTON pure music - German Loudspeaker Tradition since 1972 (en)
I auditioned 2 models of Jamo viz S 606 & S 718.Both of these floor standers retails @ Rs 27K here in Mumbai.The speakers were around 4 feet high and very bulky.Two ppl reqd to pick up and shift them,but can be pushed by one person.Both these models had a sub-woofer embeded into out facing wall of the speaker.Only difference between the two is of the size of the sub-woofer,S606 has a 8 inch dia sub-woofer whereas S718 has a 10 inch one.Due this size the width of S718 is slightly more than that of S606.I had tested on my AVR ie Onkyo HT 340R and on the 2 channel stereo mode and also on All channel mode.
The sound output seemed to be subdued one.I do not know what it is called in an audiophile terminology but as a layman the music did not have that open-ness.Maybe it could be because of the AVR which was being used.The speakers seemed more low frequency friendly & less of high freq friendly,although there was no boom.On high volume, when the AVR display showed the volume level as 54,the sound seemed ok with the high or mid freqs being heard better than before.But I do not want to play my system on such a high volume.I think this prob can be resolved if I connect the speakers on a 2 channel audio amp!! any comments ?
Since it was raining very hard that day in mumbai i was in a hurry to rush back home,least the trains would stop in their tracks,I auditioned the Wharfedales 9.1 book shelves for a short period of time with the same music.The music definately sounded sweet and crisper with more emphasis on highs.But here the bass was not enough,maybe we did not connect a subwoofer here.I will go in for another round of audition the weekend after the next.The prob with me is that am looking out for :

1) Speakers bookshelves or floorstanders with a sound that has the capability to shatter the glasses of my windows even on low volumes;) ( not literally though).
2) Sound sweet with ample bass.
3) Should be within my budget of not more than Rs 30K.

Hi Supra

As per ur wish I checked out the cost of mission center m3C2i speaker from Vijay Sales in Mumbai.It is Rs 7536.00.

I wish to have a pair of M30i to complement my M33i for a probable HT set up. Would you please get me the price for the same from Vijay Sales, if possible ? Thanks in advance. I live in Delhi.

Regards,
vjc

I wish to have a pair of M30i to complement my M33i for a probable HT set up. Would you please get me the price for the same from Vijay Sales, if possible ? Thanks in advance. I live in Delhi.

Regards,
vjc

Ya sure.Pls give me some time.BTW are these M30i's pair of surround speakers?

Regards,
vjc

Take your time. BTW, I could n't get much info by telephone from Vijay Sales.

Yes they would make rear speakers in the set up, while M3C2i can work as centre.

regards,

vjc

Hi vjc

Sorry for taking sooo long for the reply.Just checked with Vijay Sales the cost of m 30i the surrounds is between Rs 8000 to 9000 a pair.

Take your time. BTW, I could n't get much info by telephone from Vijay Sales.

Yes they would make rear speakers in the set up, while M3C2i can work as centre.

regards,

vjc

dear suprateep

can u plz let me know from where u brought ur mission m35i's cause i'm looking forward to buy them.
plz let me knw from where 2 get the m35i's for 21k as u mentioned . plz give me the details of the dealer and phone number of dealer.

thankin you

shyam,supra hasnt been active on the forum for a while now but believe he procured them from vijay sales,mumbai.price variations are a given statewise so good luck.do check the thread for their no/details.great speakers tho ;).cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back