Mod Blu ray player to region free - Bangalore or Mumbai?

indy

Hi,

My cousin got a bluray player (Sony BDP - S3700) from the US without checking region compatibility etc. He is looking for people who can mod it so that it becomes region free. What would be the cost involved? Location: Bangalore or Mumbai.

The player ideally would be Region A and most content from the net is Region A........

There are various kits available over Ebay etc which can make it Region free....not tried directly......

I use a Region A player and have no challenges playing downloaded content...most Discs available too would be Multi Region or Region Free......

+1 to that. I use an Oppo purchased from the US hence Region A. Haven't yet come across more than 2 discs I couldn't play because most are All region these days. DVD regions is a bigger headache but I'm sure you can google for how to solve that.

In the ole days Sony players used to be a pain to mod and make region free. I do not know how your player will fare. We cannot compare it to Oppo as Oppo's are usually the easiest to mod. But I would recommend wait and see how many disks you are not able to play then either try modding the player or a buy a local blu ray player (might be cheaper) to solve the region problem.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back