Monitor audio bx2 vs bx5

vkhandelwal

For a room size of 20x12 and primary application music,Which option is better, bookshelf bx2 or tower bx5. Receiver is marantz. I cannot audition that so need your help to decide

Please share your suggestions

I 'd Suggest the Bx5.. but thats just me... I like my music a lill bit louder than many others.. just couple f notches more..!!

I am an Audioneub but I had realized the same Floorstanders that were very loud in the Demo room about 15x15 @ about 25dB feel a little less menacing when the room size increased in the length especially.. .. just my experience!

My choice would be Bx5 I agree with rud3dawg I just wanted to have FS speakers no matter what after having BS speakers for over 23 years. They are working just fine too but FS makes a difference

I have similar room size and BR5 and feel BX2 will not be able to fill the room completely with punchy sound and u may feel requirement of separate sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have similar room size and BR5 and feel BX2 will not be able to fill the room completely with punchy sound and u may feel requirement of separate sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already have a jamo Sub 200. I usually do not go beyond 60% of the volume on my marantz 5006. I like neutral sound and not too much bass. do you think BX2 will serve the purpose?

vkhandelwal, from my personal experience, it is better to keep the Jamo sub 200 out of the equation, when you are using it for stereo/music. Better to stick with a pair of good floorstanders.

vkhandelwal, from my personal experience, it is better to keep the Jamo sub 200 out of the equation, when you are using it for stereo/music. Better to stick with a pair of good floorstanders.

I would not use sub for music for sure.. I do not like too much bass and not sure if just for bass I should be going for floorstander. everyone is suggesting floorstander I wonder if there are other reasons to go for BX5 other than bass.. will that be more musical?? I thought bookshelf are because they have better image as they have single mid/bass driver and a high range.
I had auditioned quad 11l calssic and wharfedale 9.2 and Liked the sound. did not like 9.5 or 10.2.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back