Monopulse speakers from UK

It is a very niche brand. But I am sure it will outperform many loudspeakers which are popular in the main stream market.

There are a lot of such brands out there. Very less following because of brand-visibility but which are extremely good.

Here is one such loudspeaker for sale on audiogon. It is going at a ridiculously low price.

Star Sound Technology Caravelles For Sale | AudiogoN

There are folks out there who prefer this to the dynaudio C1 which is a 7000$ speaker.

Thank you Vinny for your insight.

The link provided was for different make I guess, albeit equally niche I guess.

I posted the thread since I found the design philosophy was pretty interesting.

Rgds

Rajesh

Thank you Vinny for your insight.

The link provided was for different make I guess, albeit equally niche I guess.

I posted the thread since I found the design philosophy was pretty interesting.

Rgds

Rajesh

Yes. That one is a different speaker. I had said Here is one such loudspeaker .

Speakers which follow design criteria which are extremely stringent can sound extremely accurate to the point of actually sounding like how an extremely hi-end head phone setup will sound. Most folks do not expect such sound to come from a loudspeaker.

Speakers like monopulse will fall into such a catagory. Another such speaker is green mountain audio. Time and phase coherent loudspeaker with extremely rigid enclosures with the shape designed to have minimal diffraction issues. You will either love it to death or walk away unimpressed.
Unless you hear them for yourself you will never know if it will float your boat.

Hi guys,

I don't usually post on threads but I have some Monopulse 42As. I found my own on Ebay.co.uk at a bargain price of 600 pounds (american keyboard, no pound sign!). I was going to go for a normal brand, I was thinking about some B&W upgrades from my 685s but I saw these, read up on them and thought for the price when they're worth 1,900 why not.

Sublime. It takes a bit of time to get the soundstage right but boy does it sound good! I had some of my friends come round - one who's a video game audio programmer - I played it to him and I had a centre in for my 5.1 and he asked me why I had my centre on.

The fine tuning is where you really need to be to get the sound right and it was literally a mm difference in the distinction between good and superb soundstage.

The clarity is outstanding, the bass is weighted and tight and the complete sound is the sort of sound that you sit back in your chair to and say, 'yup, no need to buy anything for a while!'

The only thing is that they're not very 'girlfriend' user friendly. They look like the sort of speakers Kraftwerk would have produced and sold in the Eastern block back in the 70's.

I'm currently in Dominica in the Caribbean for a year and couldn't afford to bring them over and there's definitely something missing in my life! However, if I get the money I'm going to go for the 82As. After that I don't think I'll need an upgrade, I think..

For those of you thinking of buying some, I'd definitely recommend them and although they're not as well a known brand they're better than anything I've heard. They guy who makes them is a really nice bloke too. If you do get them and need some advice his number's on the website and he'll help you out, I called a few months ago.

Hope this helps.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back