Buying speakers from Facebook marketplace in Hong Kong?

Anyone here who has had a good experience with buying speakers from.facebook marketplace in Hong Kong? Feedback please? Thanks
Your future purchase on social media marketplace will not necessarily mirror someone else's good or bad experience in the same marketplace.
If you had already identified a seller there and had asked for other's experience with that seller, your question would be relevant.

Anyone here who has had a good experience with buying speakers from.facebook marketplace in Hong Kong? Feedback please? Thanks
it is not the marketplace but the person you are dealing with. Not sure how you can find out if the person is trustworthy and the product is in good condition ?

Which speakers are you considering. Profit is commensurate to risk. So if trying to pull this off, you need two things. The speakers should really be worth the punt, and at a price that you dont mind losing. If it ticks both the above, and you are a gambling man...go ahead :p.

Personally, I would'nt attempt it, unless the seller was a established dealer in Hongkong with good online reputation.
Or if it is a private seller, I would need an aquintance in hongkong, who will do the talking on my behalf. Either ways, the end purpose is to ensure that the seller is aware that his reputation is at stake, if he does'nt honor his end of the contract.

I've made a few purchases abroad from private sellers, where the stuff never arrived. Iam not talking about didnt arrive in india. Stuff that I bought in US, didnt arrive in US itself 🤣. So please only play with the amount you can loose without a heart burn.

But if you are considering a high value purchase, and you are getting a significant deal, then there is an other way to skin the cat. Hongkong return fight is less than 50K. We get PAR on-line, so no need of a visa. Tell your wife you are travelling over the weekend for work, and pop over to hongkong 🤣. All the best :p

Which speakers are you considering. Profit is commensurate to risk. So if trying to pull this off, you need two things. The speakers should really be worth the punt, and at a price that you dont mind losing. If it ticks both the above, and you are a gambling man...go ahead :p.

Personally, I would'nt attempt it, unless the seller was a established dealer in Hongkong with good online reputation.
Or if it is a private seller, I would need an aquintance in hongkong, who will do the talking on my behalf. Either ways, the end purpose is to ensure that the seller is aware that his reputation is at stake, if he does'nt honor his end of the contract.

I've made a few purchases abroad from private sellers, where the stuff never arrived. Iam not talking about didnt arrive in india. Stuff that I bought in US, didnt arrive in US itself 🤣. So please only play with the amount you can loose without a heart burn.

But if you are considering a high value purchase, and you are getting a significant deal, then there is an other way to skin the cat. Hongkong return fight is less than 50K. We get PAR on-line, so no need of a visa. Tell your wife you are travelling over the weekend for work, and pop over to hongkong 🤣. All the best :p
I was getting Focal speakers for a good deal in HK. Seems like a private seller. Price is like INR 20k. Doesn't seem too good to be true, just about 50% of their price in India - if you can find good Focal speakers - like Chorus bookshelfs

I was getting Focal speakers for a good deal in HK. Seems like a private seller. Price is like INR 20k. Doesn't seem too good to be true, just about 50% of their price in India - if you can find good Focal speakers - like Chorus bookshelfs
Okay noted. Even if the seller actually ships them at 20k. The Indian customs will tax it as per their own confidential price list. So in the end, I suspect it will end up more than MRP in India, once packing +shipping+ tax is factored. So maybe best not to try it.

It only makes financial sense to buy new or used abroad if we can hand carry it back in our check-in luggage,. Otherwise the maths just dont add up, not to mention the hassle of dealing with customs. Just my 2 dumb cents.

Last edited:
Okay noted. Even if the seller actually ships them at 20k. The Indian customs will tax it as per their own confidential price list. So in the end, I suspect it will end up more than MRP in India, once packing +shipping+ tax is factored. So maybe best not to try it.

It only makes financial sense to buy new or used abroad if we can hand carry it back in our check-in luggage,. Otherwise the maths just dont add up, not to mention the hassle of dealing with customs. Just my 2 dumb cents.

True that
Shipping might be 10K , customs around 10-20 K depending on the assessing office hence total goes up to 40-50K with the risk of anything going wrong on you. paying more to get it in india is worth the risk

I had the experience of dealing with the customs years ago for importing a graphic card when it was not freely available here.

My experience was horrendous, not to mention multiple trips to the Sahar cargo in Andheri and ended up paying more than the cost of the card as customs and import expenses.

Hand carrying if possible is the best as there are more possibilities as mentioned above. Else better to give up the thought of importing for peace of mind & just not worth the price.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back