Mordaunt Short Aviano 8 or Monitor Audio BR6

rpok

Hi,
I have quite big living room (~18ftx15ft) for which i'm looking for floorstanders to add to my 51inch 3d plasma TV.
I have a budget of 50k and in that, i'm getting these 2 floorstanders both ~47k
MS Aviano 8
MA BR6
Now Aviano 8 has more midrange/bass drivers than BR6, but MA is more appreciated.
My usage is 40/30/30 of music/movies/gaming.
Please let me know which one should i go for.
I've read reviews of both in What-HiFi.
Also i've a budget of 20-25k for AV receiver and i've been recommended Pioneer 5.1 vsx 821 by Audio people.
I can demo both systems in Hbd.
Cheers
Roopak

Hi,

I have a budget of 50k and in that, i'm getting these 2 floorstanders both ~47k
MS Aviano 8
MA BR6
Now Aviano 8 has more midrange/bass drivers than BR6, but MA is more appreciated.
My usage is 40/30/30 of music/movies/gaming.
Roopak

Hi Roopak,

i have also recently auditioned both the speakers and preferred the MA BX 6 over the Aviano's as the MA see to produce more 'livelier' music as opposed the 'held back' music on the Aviano.

When it came to playing movie on the speakers, the difference was not that obvious between the two.

So go and audition both the speakers and pick the one that suits you, as both of them are great speakers for that price.

Also could you please let me know where did u get the price of 47k for the MA BR6 as i also want to pick up the speakers but have been quoted a ridiculous pricing.

Rahul

MRP for BR6 is 56k, but The Audio People opened here in Hyderabad yesterday. For a week, they're giving 15% discount.
Nominally you can get atleast 5% discount off MRP.
I'll go and demo both speakers this week.

I got the quote for MA from The Audio People who're giving 15% discount for opening week in Hyderabad.

I'm not sure if a entry level AVR (20-25k) would do justice to these floor stands. My opinion would be to increase the budget for AVR (you will have to move to higher range to pair with these FS) or dilute the total budget (25+50) and get reasonably 'reasonably' good floor stands and AVR.

I got the quote for MA from The Audio People who're giving 15% discount for opening week in Hyderabad.

Hi there, Please drop in to audition my Jamos if interested. I have the music and movies setup. I found them sounding similar to BX6 during demos.

I am planning to upgrade to Silver RS8 and have posted a thread for sale.

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/23932-jamo-c405-floorstanders-ends-3-days.html
These are 30k negotiable. I have a 50" Plasma too so you will get the idea. These are 4 months old. 4 1/2 years warrenty still remaining. (Jamo gives 5 yr warrenty)

You might want to spend the rest in a good AVR.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back