most reliable inverter brand?

mandeep

hey guys

plz suggest the most reliable inverter brand (Luminous/sukam/microtek/apc) that we can get here in india for fans, tubelights, t.v, computer ..........as i am confused.i mean which is best quality wise as well as which have the best after sales service...........i have seen reviews at various websites, but those are very misleading........plz help!...

Sukam is considered very good. They charge a fancy premium to boot. No idea about their after sales service.

APC's after sales service is excellent. They had replaced one inverter I had 4 times - they attributed to that particular batch having problem etc etc., which I had difficuty in accepting; BUT - each time - the replacement was on "no questions asked", delivered at home, incl., a change of address to another town. I can only wonder how many manufacturers will take such a bother?
On another occasion (this was with a UPS for the home PC), APC had delivered one 3 pin universal adapter to me driving across Delhi to Noida & after apologizing for the delay by calling from Bangalore for 10 mins! The cost they had incurred for that was definitely many times the cost of the single adapter which you can buy for ~Rs. 70!; So, service point of view, I will (have to!) vouch for APC.

I agree with you. My computer UPS got fried two times without damaging any connected electronics. Two times I called APC and they send some courier guy to pick my damaged ups and delivered another one. All without blaming my home wiring or lightning or without asking any silly questions. Their service is truly world class.

Sukam is considered very good. They charge a fancy premium to boot. No idea about their after sales service.

thanks guys

i have finally purchased a Su-Kam, Falcon i , 800VA inverter (Rs 4500/-), original trolly (Rs 800/-) , 150 AH Su-Kam battery (Rs 7800/-).

[135 AH su-kam battery is for Rs 7300/-, 150 AH battery gives a little more backup time]

Important Features:-

(1) noiseless

(2) it is pure sine wave inverter (as mentioned on the cover and mannual), but the dealer (he was very friendly) told me that it takes two batteries to make a pure sine wave, and said he wonders how a single battery inverter delivers pure sine wave?

Last edited:
thanks guys

i have finally purchased a Su-Kam, Falcon i , 800VA inverter (Rs 4500/-), original trolly (Rs 800/-) , 150AH Su-Kam battery (Rs 7800/-)

Thanks Mandeep for posting this. On this forum many members (especially newly joined) ask suggestions/recommendations for various products and later vanish!

But you made a point to post what at the end you purchased. I also appeciate you for mentioning prices , that will certainly help not only to those who arre looking for an inverter but also to rest others by providing them some ball park pricing of a typical invertor.

By the way what is the back up time for a full load operation and how long it takes to charge the battery from fully discharged to fully charged state?

Regards

SUhas

By the way what is the back up time for a full load operation and how long it takes to charge the battery from fully discharged to fully charged state?
Regards
SUhas

thanks for the encouragement....

BACKUP-TIME:

(1) with 3 fan + 3 Tube Light + 1 TV (21?) = 2.6 Hrs, backup-time

(2) with 3 fan + 3 Tube Light = 3.2 Hrs, backup-time

(3) with 2 fan + 4 Tube Light = 3.4 Hrs, backup-time

(4) with 2 fan + 1 Tube Light + 2 CFL + 1 Computer = 3.5 Hrs, backup-time

(5) with 2 fan + 1 Tube Light + 2 CFL = 6 Hrs, backup-time

(6) with 1 Fan + 1 Tube Light = 11.1 Hrs, backup-time

CHARGING-TIME

Su-Kam Home UPS/INVERTER can charge its battery 40% faster (zero to full charge time =

2.0 hrs aprox.)
, which helps the product to work really efficiently and give much longer

power backup as compared to normal UPS in areas with frequent power cuts.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

I am new here and this is my first post.

Well, today I went to a Su-Kam dealer to buy a UPS. I found the Falcon i. But the price the dealer quoted put me off a bit. He said it was 6,500 for the Falcon i. Mandeep has posted above that he had bought the Falcon i for 4,500 last August. I also remember that I had also inquired at Su-Kam (not this dealer) about the same time and they had told me that the price was 4,500. Have they increased the price by 2,000 in under a year ? Or is the dealer conning me ? I am confused. Has anybody got a bargain on the Falcon i recently ?

Thanks

Typically, many of the electrical appliances have a price spike in summer (fans, a/cs, coolers, inverters etc.) and at Deewali (TVs etc.) as the demand peaks at this time.

The dealers may not be able to jack up the prices, may simply stop offering any discounts on the MRP.

The dealer told me that the MRP was 6,500 and offered me a discount of 5%. Assuming the MRP did not change over the year, last year I was offered the UPS for 4,500 and Mandeep has already said that he bought it at that price, does that mean we were given a 2000 discount ? Almost one third the MRP ? Unlikely. From 30% discount to a 5% one, the difference appears too steep.

I have heard that dealer price will be anywhere between 40 to 90% of MRP, depending on the product, brand and demand. There might be exceptions to this.

i am having Microtek 800VA sine wave inverter. has been giving me good performance so far.

I have a microtek inverter. It has some UPS operation mode. Has anyone tried an inverter as UPS? Is it reliable enough to run a home server 24x7 on that?

On the other hand, there are some cheap online UPS available (1KVA for 11-12k) - however, they charge a lot for the batteries. Can an online UPS run on a regular inverter battery?
regards

I have a microtek inverter. It has some UPS operation mode. Has anyone tried an inverter as UPS? Is it reliable enough to run a home server 24x7 on that?

On the other hand, there are some cheap online UPS available (1KVA for 11-12k) - however, they charge a lot for the batteries. Can an online UPS run on a regular inverter battery?
regards

i have tried the inverter mode, its quite good. however i do have worries regarding it and i prefer to use my UPS as a stabilizer while using my inverter as well.

su-kam is one of the fine brand of inverter. recently i purchased one (i am at trivandrum) falcon 800-VA. its really good. i got it for a reasonable price. i took it from the su-kam dealer here, united trading solutions. (Mr. Ajith-9633764721). They also provide after sales service which made me trust on them coz now a days getting good after sales service has become a real issue.

Only Luminous Sinewave Inverter gives you maximum output

I am quite happy with my inverter because it not only features regular function but also boost latest technology like battery deep discharge protection system.

Highlights of Sinewave Inverter

1. User-friendly design
2. Low on maintenance
3. Charges battery double fast
4. Pre-loaded battery management software
5. Selectable battery option

Range starts@ Rs.5990

SUKAM is wrost inverter to buy. Very Poor Service. I am using Mikrotek also in my office. My simple advice is to go with Mikrotek. Don't try saving Rs 500/-. Else you gonna repell for always.

On October 2, 2011; I bought a 850VA-135 Inverter and it couldn't even handle a current of 8 tubelights at direct line, and fuse blows up every next hour. The engineer comes to handle the complaint says that I have to pay for fuse holder. Thats Ok, but he completely denied to resolve the actual issue, which is that why fuse is getting blow up. He says load is too high, but couldn't get that how can load of total 500watt could be high for a 850VA inverter. At battery also the backup lasts only 1.5 hours that too while using only 4 tube lights.

The question here is that the load is in very much of limit & capacity of inverter but still fuse blows up. No way to get out of this problem and I need to uninstall the inverter from my line.

Simply SU-Kam seems chienese kind of inverter; which has NO LIFE and NO RELIBILITY. Big Pain for consumer.

-ANKUR JAIN; DELHI.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back