Movie Mart Vs Big Flix

micjak77

Hey Folks,

I am a Big Flix subscriber on the 299 single disc plan. I am pretty happy with their service. Been able to see lot of the great movies always wanted to catch up on. Recently I came across this place called Movie Mart.

https://www.moviemart.in/index.aspx

They have a slightly different biz model. They serve you from one central location (delhi) and serve over 300 cities across the country from there via courier service. Just checked randomly and they seem to have some titles which Big Flix didnt carry. BF has a DB of over 18k titles, moviemart site doesnt mention the size of its library anywhere.

Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with movie mart. How do they fare against big flix. They claim to be the 1st people who started Online movie rental. Look fwd to your inputs experiences...

I have no experience with moviemart but I have been quite satisfied with seventymm for the past 4 months.

Hi,

I too find the Bigflix's service exceptional, except they had some trouble with the registration process. Otherwise, they are quite good, almost every day a disc is delivered to my place, even on Sundays!

So far, I had only one bad disc out of some 20 discs.

Cheers!

I am using Bigflix from over an year.I got the 3 disc plan their service is exceptional. This is the one area Reliance got good customer service team unlike rest of their services.

Movie mart : These guys renting Blu ray discs as well. If they could have managed to get the US/UK released BD movies it will be wonderful.Right now their Database got only India released BDs.

Cinema Pardiso: Took the membership 4 months back.This is a perfect place to rent Hollywood movies. They keep only US region DVDs but they are not quite aggressive on updating latest US releases. Rental is quite high. 75 Rs for Hollywood movie and 100 for Forigen movies also they charge 3000Rs( 1000 for Registration and 2000 Refundable).

I am a user of Seventymm disk rental services from last 2 years and they seem to have improved a lot over a period of last 8 months. They have added the option of outright delivery of any movie avaliable with them, and they show the avaliability of a movie in real time. They deliver 2 movies of my choice when I want them and I have no time frame for keeping a particular disk with me. I highly rate their services and can easily vouch for them.

Hey Folks,

I am a Big Flix subscriber on the 299 single disc plan. I am pretty happy with their service. Been able to see lot of the great movies always wanted to catch up on. Recently I came across this place called Movie Mart.

https://www.moviemart.in/index.aspx

They have a slightly different biz model. They serve you from one central location (delhi) and serve over 300 cities across the country from there via courier service. Just checked randomly and they seem to have some titles which Big Flix didnt carry. BF has a DB of over 18k titles, moviemart site doesnt mention the size of its library anywhere.

Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with movie mart. How do they fare against big flix. They claim to be the 1st people who started Online movie rental. Look fwd to your inputs experiences...

I am in Mumbai and for me Moviemart is a no brainer since they are the only guys to rent blu-rays. my comments are for blu-ray

The model works pretty much as described o their sites and I have had no cause for complaints. typical turnaround time is overnight.. if you order by 5pm or so, then the courier is at your door by next afternoon. (occasional courier snafus could mean the next morning on rare occasions)

when I want to send back the discs, ring up the courier and they are picked up by afternoon.

disc quality (ie. scratches etc) is excellent, no visible scratches yet on any of the 30 odd movies I have rented so far, only 1 gave a little hiccup at 1 point on my HTpc - played fine on the ps3 though

cheers

I am in Mumbai and for me Moviemart is a no brainer since they are the only guys to rent blu-rays. my comments are for blu-ray

The model works pretty much as described o their sites and I have had no cause for complaints. typical turnaround time is overnight.. if you order by 5pm or so, then the courier is at your door by next afternoon. (occasional courier snafus could mean the next morning on rare occasions)

when I want to send back the discs, ring up the courier and they are picked up by afternoon.

disc quality (ie. scratches etc) is excellent, no visible scratches yet on any of the 30 odd movies I have rented so far, only 1 gave a little hiccup at 1 point on my HTpc - played fine on the ps3 though

cheers

Kapvin,
Could you explain their pricing plans? I couldn't understand the concept from their site.

Thanks
Satya.

HI , I have been a memeber of both first of movie mart than bigflicks but now i have finaly returened to movie mart. reason
1. Movie mart has more or less same new movies which big flicks has and top of it much quicker like the day dvd is relases they have for grabs in days time where as in big flicks u might have to wait for months.
2.One good quality with big flicks was they they had stores so in case u cant order on net but u could get an instant from them which neither 70mm has nor bigflicks but now if u go to stores first of all they wont have any new or latest stuff it all 3 or 4 years old movies and latest stuff meanes movies shown already on movie channel 10 times .
3. Website og big flicks is fast and more informative than others but when u want to book a new mover there is no way u can get one , i persnally added more than 15 new movies and even after 15 days not a single one came but yes the moment i added a 3 years old movie that was deleverd.
4. Qulaity of dvd have gone drastically down guys i own a bose home threature which has a very good decoding sysytem and even it failed to decode the scratches which movie had , there is no complain system theeofre i told the rental shop, he promissed mr it would not b repeted but again the same disc was deleved.
5.finally i again left big flicks and went to moviemart , firstly there service is very frindly like if u r unable to book a movie on site u can simply call them and request them , they 99% delever it on next circle
Rest U can campare and this post is latest dated Aug 2011

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back