Movies Discount and Offer threads :D

Can you give samples of the ones you tested? Never thought they could be different. Also, never knew there were Indian authored blu rays for international movies.

I used to use this site as my guide for checking version differences rewind @ dvdcompare.net - the home of dvd & blu-ray comparisons

There are differences in the US/EU/UK versions too.

Toy story 2 &3.
Fast & furious 7
Jungle book.
Bugs life.

all the above were purchased from uk & compared them with my friends indian released versions.There is a huge difference in the audio dynamics.Lot has been discussed on this topic on the Bluray forum-indian thread.

Regarding the audio quality of Blu-ray ray disc between Indian and UK origin, I have just purchased Transformers Blu-ray pack of Three movie set from Flipkart from Reliance home video with Dolby True HD format . I already own Transformer Part I DVD disc with DTS surround sound format. On same system I played both the disc back to back and found that DTS encoded DVD was at par with that of Dolby True HD disc. DTS disc was more LFE prominent with little loss in sound clearity. Already I have Master and Commander, Das Boot and many more DVD with DTsurround sound format happy with the same and does not want to have it on Blu-ray. Video quality is far better on Blu-ray ray than DVD. Some of other studio's Dolby True HD Blu-ray ray disc are far better than Reliance home video.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Some of my recent haul from amazon.in for Rs.299

The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire
Ray
How to Train your Dragon
How to Train your Dragon 2
Fantastic Four
Ice Age - 2
Ice Age - 3

any deals on 4K UHD blu rays, i got a couple in EU, but friend visit has been cancelled so will have to wait few weeks.

Had ordered Hobbit Extended Edition trilogy from Amazon UK for INR 2100 (including shipping). It has not reached me and vendor has started the process of refund. It was such an amazing deal.

Wondering if there is any chance of locating the package. It was sent through Royal Mail (with no tracking info). Local post office says they only get packages booked through registered or speed post, what is Royal Mail :rolleyes:

Wondering if there is any chance of locating the package. It was sent through Royal Mail (with no tracking info). Local post office says they only get packages booked through registered or speed post, what is Royal Mail

Depends on how long the package is "missing" - sometimes, such packages are held up in the Postal Customs office for over a month. You should allow at least 45 days before reporting non receipt.
Sadly, after a space of many months, I have been hit with very heavy Customs duties for BDs/DVDs: was tempted to try what one FM suggested, i.e. refuse the package, but decided to swallow the bitter pill, and paid up :(

I used to get BDs from UK delivered within 14-21 days. But now they always get lost and I get refund.

Only once the package came late but with heavy custom charges. I denied the parcel. Amazon did the refund. And 7 days after, the same delivery boy delivered the package without asking any money for it. I got that free. :eek:hyeah:

Are 4K HDR Blu-ray movies not freely available in India? I can see only Amazon selling them here and most of them are labelled "Imported". I didn't? see any at local stores.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Some of my recent haul from amazon.in for Rs.299

The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire
Ray
How to Train your Dragon
How to Train your Dragon 2
Fantastic Four
Ice Age - 2
Ice Age - 3

How was the audio quality in "The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire" Blu ray from amazon.in. Is it Dolby 5.1 or ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back