Movies Discount and Offer threads :D

There's no fixed price as such, I generally go for deals that come on quite frequently on UK, German and Italian portals of amazon

Have few queries, would appreciate if you can answer them.

1. It it safe to order from there and it wont get stuck in customs?
2. The price that it shows on checkout is the final price or do we have to pay more on delivery or during shipping due to any kind of custom charges?
3. How have deals on amazon.com been? Are they good or would you advise sticking to regions mentioned by you?

I look forward to a mouth watering deal on "LOTR Extended Edition" Pack :D

I'll answer your queries based on my experience:
1. Safe to order from the amazon portals across, customs will either charge duty at your doorstep or let it get delivered without any duty, either ways worst case there might be a delay of a few days.
2. If amazon charges a prepaid duty it will appear before checkout, shipping charges are also calculated there. Will be mentioned specifically.
3. I've seen the best deals mostly on the European portals of Amazon, .de, it and .co.uk. Having said that I don't mind any of the regions, wherever the deal is good.
All the best to find the LOTR deal!!

customs will either charge duty at your doorstep or let it get delivered without any duty, either ways worst case there might be a delay of a few days.

Thanks a lot.

Is customs duty significant? Can custom duty defeat the purpose of ordering from there?

Hmmm, calculate around 25-40% max duty....most of the deals are still good including duty, compare with prices here and then order. Factor the duty, if it comes to u without duty that's a bonus :)

The best deals are on amazon uk site. What i found is the used items on sale are as good as new and it would be cheaper and better than any Indian BD/DVD
I prefer used BD/DVD route. If the value of the shipment is very less like 1,000/2000 rupees, more likely the customs would not care

I missed the LOTR EXTENDED EDITION bluray each priced at 493/- in Amazon India 3 days back. Added to the cart in night nd thought of buying next day. Alas, price increased to 1000+. Still I could not digest that near miss. Now I'm keep on looking for the LOTR - Return of the Deal.

Amazon sale on movies has started. Purchased Harry Potter Bluray Collection @ 4k 50% discount.

Purchased amazon vouchers from crownit app and got additional 7% cashback. Amazon vouchers were received within few minutes although they mention within 24 hours.

Hi Krishnamurty sir, I am also willing to purchase Blu-ray discs from Amazon UK. Already have Amazon IN account. Please explain how to purchase and pay. Can we pay by credit/debit cards from India. What about shipment from UK.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Hi Krishnamurty sir, I am also willing to purchase Blu-ray discs from Amazon UK. Already have Amazon IN account. Please explain how to purchase and pay. Can we pay by credit/debit cards from India. What about shipment from UK.

Hi,

Just read your query and thought I would add my 2 cents to it since I have been buying Blurays from Amazon UK.

It is very simple. Once you go to the Amazon UK website, you can sign-in with your amazon.in account. Once you sign in, search for DVDs/Blurays that you want. It will show you if that particular item can be shipped to India. If not, it will clearly show you in Red which would say "We cannot ship this to India", hence do not buy such items. Most of the DVDs/Blurays are shipped to India, but confirm before buying.

You can also pay by your Indian credit card. Amazon will automatically convert the GBP to INR and show you the final amount that you need to pay. You can either select your existing Indian address or add a new Indian address that you want it to be delivered.

There are a few things though that you would need to keep in mind:

1. Delivery time to India is around 25-30 days or sometimes more than that. So if you are willing to wait that much, only then buy.

2. These Blurays are generally shipped without any tracking details. Although there are options for you to buy the fast delivery methods, but the price for that would exceed than the price of the DVD. So no tracking details are available. The last mile delivery is generally done by speedpost where no tracking details are available.

3. When a person comes to deliver the DVD to you from speedpost, there are very high chances that he might ask you to pay customs charges which are generally Rs.800-Rs.1000. I simply refuse to and I tell them to take the DVDs back. After a few days, the same DVDs are delivered to you free of cost (so I think the speedpost guys are trying to make money by fleecing customers) under the name of Customs duty. They may even show you a receipt of same but be firm.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Thank Pushkaraj for you kind help, one small query " Ordering minimum how many Blu-ray or how much minimum amount is profitable" and second The quality is better than Indian origin Blu-ray dick ?

I found no different in quality between an UK disc (bought from Amazon UK) and an Indian disc (bought from Amazon India). For some movies, it's actually cheaper here in India.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos might creep in.

I found no different in quality between an UK disc (bought from Amazon UK) and an Indian disc (bought from Amazon India). For some movies, it's actually cheaper here in India.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos might creep in.

OTOH, my experience has been different.. The Audio quality especially the LFE are just almost always better in the UK discs..

OTOH, my experience has been different.. The Audio quality especially the LFE are just almost always better in the UK discs..

Indian authored blu rays r royally screwed in audio. All the UK versions have far superior audio track. One can easily make out the difference even on an avg system. I tested couple of discs frm India vs uk ones.

Indian authored blu rays r royally screwed in audio. All the UK versions have far superior audio track. One can easily make out the difference even on an avg system. I tested couple of discs frm India vs uk ones.

Can you give samples of the ones you tested? Never thought they could be different. Also, never knew there were Indian authored blu rays for international movies.

I used to use this site as my guide for checking version differences rewind @ dvdcompare.net - the home of dvd & blu-ray comparisons

There are differences in the US/EU/UK versions too.

Thank Pushkaraj for you kind help, one small query " Ordering minimum how many Blu-ray or how much minimum amount is profitable" and second The quality is better than Indian origin Blu-ray dick ?

Hi,

I think many FM have replied before me and I am also of the same view that I did not find much audio quality difference, but if there is any, then UK Discs will definitely be better than Indian Discs.

As far as qty goes, I think above GBP 20, you get free delivery, hence try ordering DVDs atleast worth GBP 20. I anyways think that your order will definitely go beyond GBP 20 as the options available are far too many titles in UK, than in India.

Hope this helps and do let me know your experience once you order.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back