Movies Discount and Offer threads :D

Hi,

Wishing all a very Happy New Year

Anyone ordered from Amazon.co.uk ? just wanted to know how much time it takes for delivery via Royal Post ? had ordered BDs since mid Nov and expected around 18dec, online status shows delivered but as there is no tracking no clue where it is...went to local post office twice but still not received.

Cheers

I have ordered two sets, one on 7th Dec and another on 11th. Got both on 28th December through Royal Post/India Post.

Got my order of 14 Dec delivered today, Ronin, Oblivion, Battleship, Immortals and Gladistor
3f400d506698d2fa5dcab35367d26d44.jpg

Hi
My first order from amazon.co.uk..this site has better offers than amazon.com.
Besides, It has more region free BD than amazon usa.
I ordered jean michel courtesou film trilogy- dolphin & whales/sharks/ocean wonders-12pound -but charged 1256 rs as I paid in rupees
i also o rdered in different order Harry porter -all 8 films BD..it costs 22.74, It charged me 2364 rs..
As I read in this thread , custom fees can be applied..as I live in pune, I have read that Mumbai GPO is more stricter & they charged custom most of the time..lest see..but its a great deal even if i pay 45% custom..lets see
BD bug bite me..I have seen so many offers on my favourite films but I have to resist..first see outcome of this order
thanks

As I read in this thread , custom fees can be applied..as I live in pune, I have read that Mumbai GPO is more stricter & they charged custom most of the time..lest see..

Its not the post office, but the customs who decides this. Better trick is not to combine multiple discs, but ship them separately. In my experience, smaller packs escapes the eagle eyes than a bulky combined pack :)

Do we need to add any KYC id(PAN/Adhaar/voter id/driving licence number) in the address if we order through other amazon sites?
I got this message in amazon.com but nothing in amazon.co.uk site.

I'll be grateful if frequent/recent buyers can help on this

Do we need to add any KYC id(PAN/Adhaar/voter id/driving licence number) in the address if we order through other amazon sites?
I got this message in amazon.com but nothing in amazon.co.uk site.

I'll be grateful if frequent/recent buyers can help on this

I have never had to give this - and I have been buying from various Amazon outlets for over 15 years, most admittedly, when I was abroad.

Perhaps, it is the Courier companies that want/need the ID proof, as Amazon.com does use FED-Ex etc when shipping larger parcels. Recently I have had to supply ID proof when shipping things even within India.
You can always ask Amazon, you are sure to receive a response within 24hrs.

They may ask if the cost is huge otherwise they don't. That's different thing you may have to show your ID proof while receiving that item here in India (just to make sure they are giving the product in right hands), sometimes they put a sticker on expensive packages "KYC Required".

Courier companies are expected to carry original bill + ID proof of the purchaser when they carry goods. However, it is only strongly mandated in selected states like Kerala.

No movie discount announcements off late in this thread... I am eagerly waiting for some offers to break my new year resolution and get some good BDs :)

I too ordered from one of the amazon sites and the order delivery time is stated as 15 days. will let you know the results in 2 weeks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back