Moving to Actives !!!

+1

Try to overcome the room by sitting closer to the speakers and check if toe in works for you

Large rooms are a blessing and a pain..

Those panels spoil the view don't you think ?

Panels does spoil the view but the sound changes completely when they are there. So have convinced Home Ministry about foldable panels ;)

Listening position is the small stool that you see near the carpet :) I can not touch the left wall, I will get killed :p max I can do is removal absorption panel
1. This is from ATC manual. Ensure that your listening position is correct.
ATC speaker position.png

2. Bigger ATC i.e. from SCM50 onwards have asymmetric mid & tweeter arrangement. These should be normally positioned on the inside.
"Monitors with an asymmetric (offset) driver array should be positioned such that the midrange driver and tweeter are inboard"- Manual.
For eg:
ATC PSLT driver position.png

Attachments

• 114265402_10221368791282376_2868372673664757320_n.jpg
    114265402_10221368791282376_2868372673664757320_n.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 8
1. This is from ATC manual. Ensure that your listening position is correct.
View attachment 48675

2. Bigger ATC i.e. from SCM50 onwards have asymmetric mid & tweeter arrangement. These should be normally positioned on the inside.
"Monitors with an asymmetric (offset) driver array should be positioned such that the midrange driver and tweeter are inboard"- Manual.
For eg:
View attachment 48677

Yes, this how the speakers have been placed.

The ET3 CJ matched very well with the ATCs. It will definitely be a worthy bet to upgrade to ET6 or ET7. GAT is beyond reach :p

@deepestpurple
An older CJ pre/power has come up for sale on the forum
Units are local in Bangalore

Cheers,
Raghu

@deepestpurple
An older CJ pre/power has come up for sale on the forum
Units are local in Bangalore

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu. I am looking for the higher newer version of CJs pre.

Esoteric is good stuff. D05 should be upgraded to the D02 level whenever possible

Just saw that it’s D05x. That should be good

yes, the DAC is superb. And the transport is mind boggling. If the older model does such a superb job, wonder what the new models will do :) btw it took two folks to bring the transport box. Tried lifting it, 40kg !!!!

Hi @deepestpurple

Lovely speakers there...end game I would say. I've always lusted after the active big ATC's :)

I use a music first passive preamp, with a esoteric k-01. And the transparency and detail resolution have taken on another step. So if you are the kinds, that are into details, and micro nuances, then passive is certainly a good way ahead. But I personally would have added a tube preamp if it was me :D

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back